Holding back the tears...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash_eco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I sold it for $30,000. I lost money, but I don't like demodding and selling parts.

Seeing the new owners excitement and awe as I demoed the truck to him, was worth it! He was totally blown away...

finish the jeep and have it ready for export in sept 2019. thats when my daughter turns 16 and she wants a jeep..

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sorry to see you go bud, but best of luck with the new project!!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i couldnt decide between a wrangler and a ram, so i bought both.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need to put a Hemi in that jeep.... they you will be a little closer to the Ram Fam

True! There is a company that does a conversion, but it's too rich for my blood...

My main focus on this Wrangler build is going to be cosmetic and audio. There is only so much street performance I can get out of a 3.6L Wrangler without voiding my warranty, so I'm not even going to try.
Then again Ripp does make an easy install kit... ;)

I have pretty much planned out the audio: two sets of two ways (one in dash the other over head), one big ported 12" in the trunk minimum 1,200-1,500 rms watts of bass.

I haven't decided on what brand of components yet, but I do have fond memories of how the Hertz sounded when the volume was cranked up! Two sets of Hertz Mille 2 ways perhaps??? ;)

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
True! There is a company that does a conversion, but it's too rich for my blood...

My main focus on this Wrangler build is going to be cosmetic and audio. There is only so much street performance I can get out of a 3.6L Wrangler without voiding my warranty, so I'm not even going to try.

I have pretty much planned out the audio: two sets of two ways (one in dash the other over head), one big ported 12" in the trunk minimum 1,200-1,500 rms watts of bass.

I haven't decided on what brand of components yet, but I do have fond memories of how the Hertz sounded when the volume was cranked up! Two sets of Hertz Mille 2 ways perhaps??? ;)

Had a buddy with a 2010 Rubicon with the 6speed manual. His biggest ***** with it was power and he only had 33's on it.

I think AEV has a program for $$$$$$ that gives you a warranty on the swap but still retains the Factory drivetrain. but its expensive, but seems alot of jeep dealers are very flexible with the Jeep culture and warranty work.

And I'd go for the Hertz, Ive been out of the Audio world for about 15 years and went and looked into options to upgrade the R/T and was shown a set of Focals and Hertz... and wow do they sound good. Little on the $$$ side when you add in the whole system but well worth it. I'm looking at about 4k for stereo swap with the components I decided

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I can so cover you on the bass, how about one or two badass 8's ;). Oh the Millie's 6.5's are pretty awesome when cranked up, so awesome they blend really well with a 13TW5 on about 1500w.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We'll talk... ;)

I think the Hertz will have better output than many other options and excellent sq too.What do you think of the idea of two sets of 2ways??

Probably running passive, cuz it would be a nightmare to tune it active... And an open top Jeep is a horrible platform for a sq system like in my Ram.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had a buddy with a 2010 Rubicon with the 6speed manual. His biggest ***** with it was power and he only had 33's on it.

I think AEV has a program for $$$$$$ that gives you a warranty on the swap but still retains the Factory drivetrain. but its expensive, but seems alot of jeep dealers are very flexible with the Jeep culture and warranty work.

And I'd go for the Hertz, Ive been out of the Audio world for about 15 years and went and looked into options to upgrade the R/T and was shown a set of Focals and Hertz... and wow do they sound good. Little on the $$$ side when you add in the whole system but well worth it. I'm looking at about 4k for stereo swap with the components I decided

Yep, that sounds about right... I'm budgeting at roughly 5k with a little sound deadening.

I did upgrade to the 3.73 gears and lsd, from 3.21 and open diffs. I drove both gear ratios and the 3.73 was noticeable. The power in the 2015s I drove wasn't bad, I was surprised cuz I expect them to be more sluggish. I'll definitely be adding a tuner, intake and magnaflow, though I realize the minimal difference all that will make.

rick-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been following your build for awhile now from up here in Norcal. Sorry to see it come to an end, but I know the lure of a new project.
You'll have a lot of fun with the jeep.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just so everyone knows (there seems to be some confusion here lol) ALL Jeep Wranglers have removable doors, and roof. I think the windshield folds forward still - at least it used to. <-- this was for back in the WW2 days they could flip it forward to shoot from the front seats so they didnt have to shoot around the windshield..

Hard top or soft top they all remove, same with doors and standard they all have roll cages with pads and handles.

Wranglers are awesome. Its a way of life for some, however if you don't love them you hate them. From what I understand is they ride like crap, they are small and have NO options (even loaded), and they are expensive "well equipped" - basically your paying for an insane drivetrain on the higher up models.

For you its perfect, your not taking it for long trips, you can keep the top off for weeks on end, plop it on the beach like a hummingbird feeder, and the aftermarket is ENDLESS for those things - its like the Civic of the offroad world. You can lift it, put full body armor on it and the most expensive thing will be your wheels and tires.. SO CHEAP to mod..

Good luck man!

homeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I drove this to Moab and back 2 weeks ago. Ride was great. The ride will depend on the lift you put in it. 4b8f3fc20f53551bcfdf166eb74c6548.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been following your build for awhile now from up here in Norcal. Sorry to see it come to an end, but I know the lure of a new project.
You'll have a lot of fun with the jeep.

Thanks man!

Just so everyone knows (there seems to be some confusion here lol) ALL Jeep Wranglers have removable doors, and roof. I think the windshield folds forward still - at least it used to. <-- this was for back in the WW2 days they could flip it forward to shoot from the front seats so they didnt have to shoot around the windshield..

Hard top or soft top they all remove, same with doors and standard they all have roll cages with pads and handles.

Wranglers are awesome. Its a way of life for some, however if you don't love them you hate them. From what I understand is they ride like crap, they are small and have NO options (even loaded), and they are expensive "well equipped" - basically your paying for an insane drivetrain on the higher up models.

For you its perfect, your not taking it for long trips, you can keep the top off for weeks on end, plop it on the beach like a hummingbird feeder, and the aftermarket is ENDLESS for those things - its like the Civic of the offroad world. You can lift it, put full body armor on it and the most expensive thing will be your wheels and tires.. SO CHEAP to mod..

Good luck man!

Well put! ^^^ Thanks!

Though, the two 2015s that I drove surprised me... They had a nice smooth, quiet, comfortable ride. Definitely more refined than I expected.

I drove this to Moab and back 2 weeks ago. Ride was great. The ride will depend on the lift you put in it.

Damn nice!!!

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is my "in between vehicles" ride until the Jeep gets here... Hopefully chicks in bikinis just hop in through the open top as I cruise down the Pacific Coast Highway!!! :naughty:

Obviously, this is just practice for when the Jeep gets here, lol! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20151010_143707947.jpg
    IMG_20151010_143707947.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20151010_172142423.jpg
    IMG_20151010_172142423.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
nice in between vehicle.. whats the E36 got in it?