how far back can I go for no satellite wireless or Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sluff Track

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking
Engine
?
I am trying to pin down what years had little in the way of technical doo-dads. I enjoy driving, and can use maps. I have a cell phone if I get into trouble. I would rather not have wireless (WIFI), Bluetooth, satellite radio, or anything along those lines. I am fine with cruising with a radio, CD or maybe an MP3 playing on a CD. It seems a bit old fashioned, but I just don't use them.

I would appreciate any help in guiding me to what years had little techno gadgetry. I also wouldn't mind changing the stereo system if it doesn't effect other systems.

My current auto is a 1998 Buick Century, but I am looking to add a RAM to the stable. I am hoping a Crew cab can fit the bill, or maybe a Mega Cab.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just taking a guess. 1985-1995 range maybe? Dodge ram

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Up to 2008 Ram was pretty basic

My 2009 Ram only had satellite radio, if you paid a fee
If you don't pair the cell phone it will not connect
It did have a CD player in the elbow rest

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
My 2012 still has a CD player, but it does have bluetooth and XM. Not sure why it would bother you to have them, you don't have to use them and they don't cause anything to "break" in the radio system. The speakers are also surprisingly good for an OEM non-premium setup.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
It will vary with trim levels. Features almost always show up first in luxury trims and then as they become ordinary fare they show up in the lower trims. If I recall correctly, my 2011 Tradesman had none of that connectivity.

I have a 2008 GM that has only AM/FM/CD, nothing else. And no OnStar. It was a government fleet vehicle.

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My 2005 has AM/FM/CD and Satellite radio; that's it.