How To: Add Factory Keyless Enter N Go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a screen shot of my passenger handle fault since I don’t have it installed
8040f869c84fa14ac2df18b59238d71d.jpg

Seems like yours says the same which means you truck thinks there is no handle like my truck so wires might be swapped at the handle or at the hub.

Also I attached the link to my RF hub log that I just uploaded from my truck. You could compare it to yours to see if there is any difference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ofxYUfg-cTv7S5oL-hl9TVJrV6MHt8IV/view?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so that helps. That reads just like mine. So that leads me to believe it’s wiring.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so that helps. That reads just like mine. So that leads me to believe it’s wiring.

I would start at your handle with the wiring you connected there. Swap the wires around and see what happens

nmckean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone use uconnect? How did you get it to register that the remote start was enabled? I went to the dealer and they didn't have a clue as to what to do and told me to try and update it using a usb like updating the software.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does anyone use uconnect? How did you get it to register that the remote start was enabled? I went to the dealer and they didn't have a clue as to what to do and told me to try and update it using a usb like updating the software.
If you’re referring to using the uconnect app to remote start, it’s not possible to add to a truck that wasn’t factory equipped with remote start.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just went back thru and unslected all the keyless options with alfa and let the truck sit for about an hour to let that take affect. After that I went thru and activated each keyless option one at a time and let the truck sit for about 30 mins between each change and once I had all 4 activated I tried again and still the same thing. Has anyone else installed this on a 2014 Ram 1500, are there any other options that need to be activated in the bcm to make this work besides the 4 options in the beginning of this thread.
As stated the no fob detected message should come up on the screen. My truck is a 14 and I get the message if I don't have the fob. I have the full system installed. We have done around five of these trucks with the full system and they have all displayed the message. We just did another truck with only the two interior antennas for push button start with no proximity entry and it doesn't show the (no fob detected) and also doesn't show the (push button to start) on the screen. I have had him triple check and the codes all show present and the system works correctly but he doesn't get any messages. His truck is a 16. Not sure if the two are related but it seems odd that his is the only one we have done with just the push button start and it's acting similar to yours. I doubt you issue has anything to do with the alpha since the system seems to function correctly but just doesn't show the messages. Just out of curiosity when you start the truck and remove the fob from the vehicle do you get the (fob not detected in vehicle)message on the screen?0c49d5168dc8fa7be4be556c9758ef07.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Post your pin outs exactly how you have them. Although you followed everything from this thread step by step there could be something you got backwards or crossed. It happens looking at some of the connector views

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Here is a copy of my Excel spread sheet in PDF form that list all my color codes, wire and pin placements for the passive entry system

Attachments

• RF HUB C2 WIRING PASSIVE ENTRY.pdf
    322.4 KB · Views: 19

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated the no fob detected message should come up on the screen. My truck is a 14 and I get the message if I don't have the fob. I have the full system installed. We have done around five of these trucks with the full system and they have all displayed the message. We just did another truck with only the two interior antennas for push button start with no proximity entry and it doesn't show the (no fob detected) and also doesn't show the (push button to start) on the screen. I have had him triple check and the codes all show present and the system works correctly but he doesn't get any messages. His truck is a 16. Not sure if the two are related but it seems odd that his is the only one we have done with just the push button start and it's acting similar to yours. I doubt you issue has anything to do with the alpha since the system seems to function correctly but just doesn't show the messages. Just out of curiosity when you start the truck and remove the fob from the vehicle do you get the (fob not detected in vehicle)message on the screen?0c49d5168dc8fa7be4be556c9758ef07.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's my issue I can not get it to do anything at all. I activated the 4 items in the beginning of this thread with alfa and then I installed the hub, interior antennas and start stop button. Once I had that done I went in with alfa and programmed the key fob to the rf hub and that was successful and then I went to do the hub reset/replace and it requires the ignition to be in the run position to do this and I tried to push the start button to turn the ignition to the run position and it would not do anything and that's as far as I have made it. It will show push brake and push start on the evic when I open the door but that's it, it will not show it when I push the start button. I have tried several different things and I can not get the truck to respond at all when I push the start button. It almost like the start/stop button is bad or something because the truck does not respond at all when I push the start/stop button. I ordered a new start/stop button today to try and see if that is the issue. One other strange thing I have noticed is no matter how long I leave the door shut the cluster will not go into sleep mode, the backlighting stays lit on it even if I let it sit for an hour with the doors shut. I can plug my factory rf hub and ignition back in and everything works perfect.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's my issue I can not get it to do anything at all. I activated the 4 items in the beginning of this thread with alfa and then I installed the hub, interior antennas and start stop button. Once I had that done I went in with alfa and programmed the key fob to the rf hub and that was successful and then I went to do the hub reset/replace and it requires the ignition to be in the run position to do this and I tried to push the start button to turn the ignition to the run position and it would not do anything and that's as far as I have made it. It will show push brake and push start on the evic when I open the door but that's it, it will not show it when I push the start button. I have tried several different things and I can not get the truck to respond at all when I push the start button. It almost like the start/stop button is bad or something because the truck does not respond at all when I push the start/stop button. I ordered a new start/stop button today to try and see if that is the issue. One other strange thing I have noticed is no matter how long I leave the door shut the cluster will not go into sleep mode, the backlighting stays lit on it even if I let it sit for an hour with the doors shut. I can plug my factory rf hub and ignition back in and everything works perfect.

Have you just tried unplugging the push button and looking at the leads inside then plugging it back in? To make sure there isn't one that got bent or broken or that it possibly didn't get snapped in well? Long shot I know but worth a look, doesn't cost you anything. When you say it is staying on are you leaving the OBD plugged in? I noticed mine doing the same but it was because I left my MX+ in and it was still trying to transmit information to my tablet. You can also double click the lock button on the fobik and it will go out immediately. At least on mine.

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I checked that and it all looks fine. That is something else I just noticed is that the keyless entry will not function either so maybe it is something with the fob. I don't know what to do about that because I don't want to buy a new fob and program it to that rf hub and then there be something wrong with the rf hub and then I have 2 keys locked to that bad rf hub. It showed successful when I programmed the fob and when I try to go back in and program it again alfa says "fob already learned." Idk what to do lol.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I checked that and it all looks fine. That is something else I just noticed is that the keyless entry will not function either so maybe it is something with the fob. I don't know what to do about that because I don't want to buy a new fob and program it to that rf hub and then there be something wrong with the rf hub and then I have 2 keys locked to that bad rf hub. It showed successful when I programmed the fob and when I try to go back in and program it again alfa says "fob already learned." Idk what to do lol.

I'm hear you. I have some checking to do when I get home as well. For me everything works except the passive entry. Can not figure it out and I am also afraid its the RFHub.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

I don't recall how you go about programming the high line fobs if you have the baseline keys. How did you do it?

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What is the part number for the RF hub you installed.

Also if you want to rule out the RF hub. If you want to send the Fob and the RF hub to me with a return label and I can instal it in my truck to see if it works properly. And that will determine if it’s your wiring or the RF hub cause my truck works fine now with passive entry and PTS. Send me a message if you’re interested.

Also did you run the wire directly from the RF hub to the antennas?

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Also if you want to rule out the RF hub. If you want to send the Fob and the RF hub to me with a return label and I can instal it in my truck to see if it works properly. And that will determine if it’s your wiring or the RF hub cause my truck works fine now with passive entry and PTS. Send me a message if you’re interested.

That won’t work, as, if the fob was successfully programmed, the secret key info from his bcm and pcm has been transferred to the hub, and can’t be reused on another truck. Likewise, if he sent it to you, and for some reason you get it to work, it’ll be married to your truck.

@whitezracer, if you try to program your fob again, when it prompts you to press the unlock button, can you hear the doors unlocking?

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The part number on the rf-hub is 56046941AH which is the part number that shows to be the correct part number for a 2014 Laramie with keyless go and remote start and my truck is a 2014 Big Horn with remote start.

Yes I ran the wiring just like in the beginning of this thread and I also tested the wiring harness once I finished building it with a multi meter to be sure I had continuity from the main connector at the rf-hub to the antenna connectors.

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That won’t work, as, if the fob was successfully programmed, the secret key info from his bcm and pcm has been transferred to the hub, and can’t be reused on another truck. Likewise, if he sent it to you, and for some reason you get it to work, it’ll be married to your truck.

@whitezracer, if you try to program your fob again, when it prompts you to press the unlock button, can you hear the doors unlocking?
No I did not hear it unlock or attempt to unlock. So are you saying there is no way to use a used rf-hub on another truck because that may be what my issue is because I bought a used rf-hub from a wrecked truck, if so I probably need to purchase a brand new hub and everything will probably program and work correctly. Was trying to save a penny or 2 but probably cost myself more money in the long run, oh well, you live you learn lol. I just want to get it figured out and working now, whatever the issue is.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yeah didn’t even think about that.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No I did not hear it unlock or attempt to unlock. So are you saying there is no way to use a used rf-hub on another truck because that may be what my issue is because I bought a used rf-hub from a wrecked truck, if so I probably need to purchase a brand new hub and everything will probably program and work correctly. Was trying to save a penny or 2 but probably cost myself more money in the long run, oh well, you live you learn lol. I just want to get it figured out and working now, whatever the issue is.
There’s your issue!

whitezracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, let me ask this question. I think I read that hub part number 68319680AD will work on the 2014 no problem but I can't seem to find where I read that, I want to be sure it will work before I order a new one. Like I said I just want to get it working and get it over with now, tired of messing with it.