How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good evening all!

2019 Ram 1500 Express Classic
OEM 8.4 4c UAS Radio (w/ carplay/Android auto)
Customtronix Enzo Jailbreak for front camera
40/20/40 Front (jumpseat) Cloth/Manual
Bench Rear Cloth

Installed Parts:
2015 Laramie Longhorn Driver/Passenger Seats (memory/heated/vented)
2015 Laramie Longhorn 60/40 Rear Seats (heated)
New Heated Seat Module - 68217268AF
New Heated Clock Spring - 68110740AE
New Heated Steering Wheel - 5NH65DX9AA
New Rear Right Heated Seat Switch - 68059873AC
New Rear Left Heated Seat Switch - 68059874AC
New *Partial Console Harness - 68398181AA
New Inverter Dash Plug
M2Mods Wiring Harnesses

*Disseceted out the rear seat button portion of the console harness and merged it with my jumpseat harness.

You must be registered for see images attach

AlfaOBD Settings "Enabled/Yes"
Cabin.Net - MSM Memory Seat Module

Cust.Set.Menu 1: Auto-on Driver Comfort CSM
(Option 2-3)
Cust.Set.Menu 1: Easy Exit Seat CSM
Cust.Set.Menu 2: RKE Linked to Memory CSM

ECUConfig 3: Front Vented Seats Present
ECUConfig 3: Front Heated Seats Present
ECUConfig 3: Heated Steering Wheel Present
ECUConfig 3: Memory CSO Present

ECUConfig 4: Heated Seats Present

Memory: Rear Heated Seat Present
Memory: Front Vented Seats Present
Memory: Heated Steering Wheel Present
Memory: Heated Wheel Material - Leather
Memory: Seat Material - Perforated Leather
Memory: Memory Seat Present

**Couldn't find Cabin Net: Heated Seat Module Initialize**

Currently have everything installed for a test fit/test function.

Working properly:
Driver/Passenger Seat power functions
Inverter Plug
Left/Right Rear Heated Seat Switches
Left/Right Rear Heated Seat Heating Elements

Not working:
Heated Steering Wheel shows in radio under controls. When pressed, turns on for ~5sec then turns off.

Heated/vented seat icons MIA in radio.
-have double-checked Alfa
-have cycled radio
-have given radio days to take changes
-have pulled fuse to hard reset radio

I wasn't able to find the HSM initialize command in Alfa and am wondering if that might help the HSM and radio communicate.

I can connect to both MSM and HSM through alfaobd.

In the MSM I have a code B1D98. I ran a system check and the seat moved, but test stated failed.

In the HSM I had a code U1446. I was able to function the vents on high and low correctly as well as heat, but the test ends before you can really feel any heat in the seat.

I am NOT using the hard button panel, due to having the 5 aux buttons populating the bottom row. Unfortunately can not check functionality there.

My new heated steering wheel came with 2 connectors, one white, one black. The white one connects to the clockspring, the small, 2pin, black connector doesn't have a home. I'm using the wheel harness that came with my express steering wheel, do I need to purchase/install a specific heated wheel harness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, the heated steering wheel takes a separate harness than the regular steering wheel. There should be no connectors left unused for the heated steering wheel. As far as the heated/vented seats not showing up on the radio I don't have any answers for that as long as you have all the options enabled which it appears you do. I used a UAQ for a short time and my mirror dim plus one other feature that I can't remember at the moment would not show up in my Apps screen. The UAS/UAQ radios are a little glitchey. As far as the memory feature goes I have had several including my truck fail the memory test feature with the Alfa tool but the memory feature as well as the easy exit seat still works. Did you actually test the memory seats to see if they work? I'm assuming the harness you bought from Mike had the feature built into it. The first thing I would recommend doing is contacting Benny @AllMoparParts.com in the vendor section of the forum and ordering the correct steering wheel harness. This should correct the heated wheel issue. As far as your radio not showing the soft keys maybe someone with more experience with the UAS/UAQ radios will chime in. I wasn't a big fan of it and put my RA4 back in so I don't have a lot of experience with them. Possibly changing to a different firmware or finding another radio you can test would be an option.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Fellas,

I have a 2014 SLT 5.7 Hemi 1500.

I'm going to be installing AFTERMARKET heated seats (I had them installed when I did leather upholstery). So, my question is:

1. What would I need to do in order to bring power to them? Is there power underneath the seats already that I could use? These are manually-operated seats.

I am also going to be replacing the steering wheel.

1. It's to upgrade to the audio controls (doing the cluster, too).
2. It just so happens it is heated.
3. I have the clockspring for the heated steering wheel.
4. I have the 5.0 touchscreen and do not intend on programming it (if that's even possible); but,
5. I DO intend on replacing my hard switches below the HVAC panel. At present I think I have the traction control shutoff and one other button...the rest are blanks.

Again, not factory for the heated seats, and only a hard switch to activate the heated steering wheel. By the way, COULD I use the hard buttons on the dash for the seats as well? If not, it has the switches that are drilled into the side of the seat.

Any help with parts and process would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Maitai
Unfortunately your heated steering wheel is controlled by the Heated Seat Module mounted to the bottom of the factory heated seat. The truck will not communicate with the steering wheel without it.

Brads41789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Forgive my ignorance. Does the 2014 Express already have the wiring for the power seats?

I can say that it 100% does not. The addition of a power driver seat doesn't take much wiring at all though. It's once you step up to power passenger, heated, vented, memory etc that it starts to take more advanced setup.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can say that it 100% does not. The addition of a power driver seat doesn't take much wiring at all though. It's once you step up to power passenger, heated, vented, memory etc that it starts to take more advanced setup.

Ok, thanks. I assumed the wiring there was for air bags and occupant presence. I had been debating on just recovering the seats or upgrading to a complete rebel interior. Would just like some more lumbar.

Brads41789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ok, thanks. I assumed the wiring there was for air bags and occupant presence. I had been debating on just recovering the seats or upgrading to a complete rebel interior. Would just like some more lumbar.

I'd recommend going with the rebel seats or sport/Laramie seats. Imo they are much more comfortable than the standard seats and you can find decent deals on a set for crew cabs. I paid 900 for my set of Laramie seats last fall. M2mods sells a power seat only harness for I believe $40? You can always message him and he can set it up to make the heat/vent features easy to add on later if you're feeling like going with that.

MAQ76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7I
I have a 2020 1500 Express crew cab with black cloth manual bench seats. I have a line on some power, heated and ventilated leather seats and was hoping someone could tell me if my truck is wired for them or if I need to get a harness. My biggest concern is ensuring the drivers side is operation right away, at least the power adjust, as the truck is my daily driver. I can do the heating and ventilation down the road. I have attached some pictures of what wiring is under my seats.

MAQ76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7I
These are the other pictures.

Brads41789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a 2020 1500 Express crew cab with black cloth manual bench seats. I have a line on some power, heated and ventilated leather seats and was hoping someone could tell me if my truck is wired for them or if I need to get a harness. My biggest concern is ensuring the drivers side is operation right away, at least the power adjust, as the truck is my daily driver. I can do the heating and ventilation down the road. I have attached some pictures of what wiring is under my seats.

It doesn't look like you have the required wiring, but to get power adjustments you'd only have to run 1 wire so it wouldn't be too bad as a temporary solution

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You 100% don't have the wiring for heated/vented seats or power seats. You can purchase a conversion harness at M2mods in the vendor section of the forum. It is plug and play and installs exactly the same as the factory harness. You would also need to purchase the Alfa tool to enable the codes for the heated/vented seats and heated wheel to work. The dealer cannot enable these codes. You can make the power adjust work by running a fused wire from the positive battery post to the solid red wire in both yellow seat connectors if that's all you want to work.