How To Add Heated/Ventelated seats and Heated Wheel to Express/Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know if a 2015 Ram 2500 Tradesman would have the sales codes to have the dealer add the Heated Seats and wheel to the BCM? It would be cheaper than a genie if this is possible.
There is no option to add the heated wheel but some people gave been able to have the heated seats code added due to the fact that Mopar offers a heated seat kit that you can buy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

UpInSm0kE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks Rick, I will call the dealer and inquire.

Putz6x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys,

I have been reading through all the posts and the information and it's great. Great work to all involved also. I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I was recently in an accident on my driver's side. I was at the repair shop yesterday and the guys there were asking me how I liked my heated seats?? I said I do not have heated seat? They said sure you do and showed me the element in the seat while they were putting the new covers on as the airbags deployed from the impact. Now my Truck is a 2013 CrewCab BigHorn package. I do not have the buttons for heated seats and or steering wheel. I do not have the options in the Uconnect menus either. I have attached a pic of the what we believe is the element. Can someone confirm this is indeed the element? This is from the backrest side and has one group of wires coming out of that seat with a yellow plug. I just thought it was to control the airbag but is it for the element also? In some of the earlier posts, I see the pics of what plugs are needed to install heated seats without the need for another harness. Now I have noticed that under my seat I do not have the control module needed for heated seats. Could it be a matter of purchasing the module and the buttons for the dash since it seems like I may have the elements? I'm also wondering if perhaps I have the heated steering wheel? I know longs shots....Thanks

IMG_3211.jpg

duunoit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Wow, that would be something if all you needed to do was get the code added.

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
If you have the plugs underneath the seat to plug into the module that mounts there you wouldn’t need a new harness. I changed out my harness and module on my seat to have rear heated seats. If you needed a harness and module they are not too bad to change out. Mine was setup for vented seats also but non-memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Guys,

I have been reading through all the posts and the information and it's great. Great work to all involved also. I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I was recently in an accident on my driver's side. I was at the repair shop yesterday and the guys there were asking me how I liked my heated seats?? I said I do not have heated seat? They said sure you do and showed me the element in the seat while they were putting the new covers on as the airbags deployed from the impact. Now my Truck is a 2013 CrewCab BigHorn package. I do not have the buttons for heated seats and or steering wheel. I do not have the options in the Uconnect menus either. I have attached a pic of the what we believe is the element. Can someone confirm this is indeed the element? This is from the backrest side and has one group of wires coming out of that seat with a yellow plug. I just thought it was to control the airbag but is it for the element also? In some of the earlier posts, I see the pics of what plugs are needed to install heated seats without the need for another harness. Now I have noticed that under my seat I do not have the control module needed for heated seats. Could it be a matter of purchasing the module and the buttons for the dash since it seems like I may have the elements? I'm also wondering if perhaps I have the heated steering wheel? I know longs shots....Thanks

View attachment 119554
Can you take a picture have your driver and passenger side seat connectors and post it for us to see? Also there should be a black module underneath the driver seat if you have factory heated seats. Your Bighorn will have the correct wiring for the heated/vented seats even if your truck did not come with them. They ran the same harness and all of them so you would be set there. It may have been a situation where somebody replaced that seat and it happened to be the heated. They may not have even known it was a heated seat when they replaced it. Of course if they just replace the one seat the system is not going to work correctly because you don't have the rest of the components installed. The only way you would be able to tell if you had a heated steering wheel would be to remove the driver side airbag and see if you had the extra wire for the heating element. The heated steering wheel also requires a different clock spring. If they happened to replace both your seats with the heated seats it wouldn't be that expensive to finish the job and go ahead and install the heated steering wheel with the correct clock spring and put in your switches. In many case the heated seats and steering wheel will actually work without the codes but the controls will not come up in your screen. You can only turn them on with the buttons in the dash which is no big deal. If they didn't work you could just buy an OBD Genie to install the codes into your truck or possibly have the dealer add them and you would be set. Try to post some good pictures of both the seat connectors on driver and passenger side and we'll see if we can figure out what's going on.

Last edited:

Putz6x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright, thanks guys. I will get some pics on Monday since my Truck is in the shop. I know for sure I do not have the black module under my seat. But the pic I posted is it an element?

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright, thanks guys. I will get some pics on Monday since my Truck is in the shop. I know for sure I do not have the black module under my seat. But the pic I posted is it an element?
Yes the picture you posted is definitely an heating element. It may not be factory though. If it's a factory heated seat it has to have the black module under the seat because that's what actually controls the system. It's not very big so you may not have noticed it I should be mounted towards the left side under the driver seat closest to the door. If you get us some good pictures of the plugs we should be able to start figuring out what's going on.

Putz6x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alright thanks. Will get pics. Just a quick note so I don't forget. I did purchase the truck brand new..

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright thanks. Will get pics. Just a quick note so I don't forget. I did purchase the truck brand new..
Wow that makes it even more interesting.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think someone else here (or the Z forum) mentioned "Phantom heated seats" in a truck they bought WITHOUT the option.

I wish I had one of those :) if I accidentally have them in my truck they sure dont turn on by themselves! I do have remote start and the drivers seat doesnt warm up so Im guessing I wasnt one of the strange, lucky ones.

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think someone else here (or the Z forum) mentioned "Phantom heated seats" in a truck they bought WITHOUT the option.

I wish I had one of those :) if I accidentally have them in my truck they sure dont turn on by themselves! I do have remote start and the drivers seat doesnt warm up so Im guessing I wasnt one of the strange, lucky ones.
You would need to actually have the sales codes programmed into your truck for the auto on comfort function to operate. Plus you would also need to have the switches in order to turn them on to see if by dome chance you had them. Half the battle is just seeing if you have the heated seats. I have not heard of this before I think it's fascinating that they actually put heated seats in his truck if that's the case. The biggest expense about upgrading these trucks his actual seats themselves. If his truck happens to be one of the ones that seems to have the seats it would not cost him much at all to finish the job.

Putz6x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went through my phone and I do have a pic of the underside of my seat. I won't be able to get the harness or truck side, until Monday..also in the pic the black box on the left is an amp...
62336af22072e15bf4876303db44b1f8.jpgb79f10e4a96efd6d29ef97a82a268206.jpg

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately if that's the yellow plug in the seat you have now you do not have the correct seat harness and it does not appear to have a heated seat module either. If your seat had the correct harness you should have two pink wires with yellow stripes in the yellow plug plus you would have another grey seat plug in the seat harness that would also plug in to a gray plug in your truck side harness. The next time you are able to look at your truck if you look at the yellow connector on the truck side it should have two pink/yellow wires plus there will be a gray plug that will plug into your seat sometimes the gray part of the harness is actually hidden underneath the carpet when it is not used. But if you look underneath the carpet where the harness comes to it's usually tucked in right there. Sorry I was hoping to give you better news.

Putz6x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Guys,

So here is a pic of the harness on the truck side...2fcd0e6840d96eef3435f39e8d192f8a.jpg

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys,

So here is a pic of the harness on the truck side...2fcd0e6840d96eef3435f39e8d192f8a.jpg
Yes your truck definitely has the correct wiring for the heated/ventilated seats and heated wheel. If you look you can clearly see the pink/yellow wires in the yellow plug plus the gray plug is fully populated. You'll notice your truck side harness has a lot more wires in the connectors than your seat side harness. Your seats unfortunately did not have the correct wiring or the module for the heated seats/wheel. The seats definitely do seem to have heating elements in them and I'm really not sure why but it appears that that's all they have. In order to posibly make your heated seats function you would need to purchase different seat harnesses for both seats plus the module and the correct switch panel and would possibly need to have the sales code added in order for them to work. For some reason some trucks work without the sales code and some don't.

Putz6x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input. I can find the module and the switch panel on the online parts, but having an issue trying to find the harness?? I'm thinking I may be able to buy these parts cheaper than an entire seat..Does anyone have a pic of the underside of their seat that has the proper wiring so I can see what is missing?

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to hijack Putz6x convo, but a question about adding REAR heated seats - they would have to be aftermarket heating pads, but I was wondering if there is a place that I could tap into power for them?

I know the Laramies can get heated rear seats but only in crew cabs (I have a Big Horn Quad cab) so Im just going under the assumption I have no wiring available to make it work. I dont mind using aftermarket pads and switches, just wasnt sure where to pull power from.

Thanks.

-Chris

OP
OP
Ricks Ram

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would recommend contacting Benny at allmoparparts.com. they are a vendor here on the forum. He may be able to get you the part number for the correct seat harnesses. Have you looked to see where the two connectors for the heated seat pads that are installed in your seats actually end up going to? Also does your passenger side seat also appear to have heating elements installed in it?

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have heated seats but not ventilated. For giggles has anyone got a quote from the dealer to add ventilated seats?