How to Fluid Film your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bkram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
let me be clear, scuffed /scrapped the loose rust from frame and the underside. Not as bad as it sounds but FF would be easier

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
let me be clear, scuffed /scrapped the loose rust from frame and the underside. Not as bad as it sounds but FF would be easier

I would definitely break off all the big pieces if you have that. Then just fluid film right over top of it with a nice heavy coat

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

PumpkinStealer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would definitely break off all the big pieces if you have that. Then just fluid film right over top of it with a nice heavy coat

I would agree. I did this earlier in the summer, though I just took a drill with a wire brush attachment so that sped it up. Then I hit it with rust reformer, enamel, and now will top it all off with some ff to keep it pretty

TeamSlacker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did the driver side inside bits yesterday (under wheel well, rockers, doors, inside fram) plan on doing the other side tomorrow and the rest on the weekend.

Question though, I only went through about 3 cans and a quarter gallon through the spray can last year, am I underspraying or something? If I am it could be due to my compressor being too small and having to pause so much waiting for pressure to build.

I used a can or 2 of the aerosol (just in the lower doors) and about a gallon of WW for the rest of the truck on my first application. It was a solid 9 hour day from start till all cleaned up.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah its about time for me to do this too, but I might take a shortcut this year and just get a few spray cans and do the more important areas (under bed, inside wheel wells, etc). Dont have the time or motivation to crawl around under the truck for a day.

Plus with working from home I wont really be driving very much anyway.

OP
OP
Hemi395

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah its about time for me to do this too, but I might take a shortcut this year and just get a few spray cans and do the more important areas (under bed, inside wheel wells, etc). Dont have the time or motivation to crawl around under the truck for a day.

Plus with working from home I wont really be driving very much anyway.
I was able to do that on my father's Pathfinder this year. He only went 4000 miles last year and there was literally some high wash areas that needed a touch up. I still soaked the inside of the frame and rockers since I'm paranoid about the 360 wand actually coating the inside of the frame/rockers.

Start to finish on his as about 2 hours, including cleanup so if you haven't driven it much you will probably be perfectly fine doing a rattle can touch up[emoji106]

John Sabatula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My fender has rust bubbles on it now and the inner fender well was always removed each season and fluid film was applied. Rest of the underneath looks good, fender rusted in the area where the shipping foam was on the inside.

OP
OP
Hemi395

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My fender has rust bubbles on it now and the inner fender well was always removed each season and fluid film was applied. Rest of the underneath looks good, fender rusted in the area where the shipping foam was on the inside.
Do you have any pictures of it? Is that by the doors?

Reactions: U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
What about that tape you said is in there Corey?

PumpkinStealer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I might have to pull the front fender lines and get in there extra good this year if that is the case. I finished up doing both sides rear wheel wells, inside frame and inside rockers/doors. All else i need to get done is the rest which is the easy part. I agree on the paranoid for the inner parts, I feel like the 360 wand doesn't spray as much in general so I usually just move it around until I start seeing FF blowing through the cracks.

I will lay it on a little heavier this year and try to use up most of the rest of my gallon so I can have an excuse to pick up some black ww to try out next year.

OP
OP
Hemi395

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What about that tape you said is in there Corey?

Thats what I'm thinking. But I know some years they threw some foam stuff in the fender behind the wheel....

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
theres a piece of loose foam in rear wheel inner support bracket.. my 16 and 19 classic both had it...easy to remove with air gun and something flat to dig it out...i posted couple pics in older thread.. seen a few 4th gens around southern ont with rust on rear box above wheels.

OP
OP
Hemi395

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
theres a piece of loose foam in rear wheel inner support bracket.. my 16 and 19 classic both had it...easy to remove with air gun and something flat to dig it out...i posted couple pics in older thread.. seen a few 4th gens around southern ont with rust on rear box above wheels.
Lol so they didn't learn from the 3rd gens what it's a bad idea to put foam in the rear wheel wells?

I checked my 2013 for foam with a boroscope and it has none. Must be something they added layer in the 4th gens lifespan...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol so they didn't learn from the 3rd gens what it's a bad idea to put foam in the rear wheel wells?
yea.. i got some pics of it ...just dont know how to re post them...