how to remove the shift linkage cable 2013 ram 1500 sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daywalker2112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have gotten to the point of needing to remove the shift linkage cable so I can move the center console to move the dash out of my way. I do not want to break this cable, I have already removed the white piece that is to the left of this picture... some people have said you just pry that eye looking thing off... however I do not want to break it because it feels on there real good... This is my last step. can anyone confirm that you just pry this off of the gear shifter straight out to be able to move the dash? I am needing to get to the other side of the dash for a blend door actuator for the dual climate control driver zone. it is right on the inside of the firewall, (great placement I know). but I need to remove this without breaking it. I do electrical stuff, not so much mechanical so everything up until this point has been pretty straight forward.2eiudydmuv211.png

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Don't know, but definitely don't just pry it off! If you zoom in, it almost looks like a snap ring in there. There is also an area that looks like a pin groove is there too.
Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put your purse down and pull it ;) J/K

In all seriousness I just shove a little pry screwdriver in behind and pop it off.