I hate the cheap looking black Express door handles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hallowfear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I have the same colour red on my 2019 but I got the black out package, the handles don't bother me

tbird71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the black cheap vinly or whatever handles on my 14 express. The FL sun will cook them had to constantly armour all them and even then they changed to sun fade. That's what you get with an express base model tho.

I like the chrome handles on my 11 MUCH better

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
where'd you order them from?

I have the same dislike for any non-body color handles. ie. the chrome ones on my longhorn drive my ocd squirrely (along with the chrome mirrors).... and bumpers lol. meh, maybe it's not so much ocd as preferring the look of a sport where everything matches

Same here, had two sports before my longhorn and much prefer the color matched look. My longhorn has the limited grill which I also think would look much better color matched.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here, had two sports before my longhorn and much prefer the color matched look. My longhorn has the limited grill which I also think would look much better color matched.

this my brother....this is the best looking grill I’ve seen on a 4th gen (bbiously my opinion)

but you always hear people say you can’t paint chrome etc.

However this grill was made I dunno...but I’d love one. Slammed isn’t my thing but the front end is perfection right here

5309BC35-C2C4-49AB-90E4-B7FBE23408BC.jpeg

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
this my brother....this is the best looking grill I’ve seen on a 4th gen (bbiously my opinion)

but you always hear people say you can’t paint chrome etc.

However this grill was made I dunno...but I’d love one. Slammed isn’t my thing but the front end is perfection right here

View attachment 192499

Completely agree, if I planned on keeping my truck longer I would absolutely look into wrapping the grill and a few other things. I've heard the concerns about painting chrome, or how it would hold up. Not sure what would last longer, the paint or wrapping it?

OP
OP
89grand

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
where'd you order them from?

I have the same dislike for any non-body color handles. ie. the chrome ones on my longhorn drive my ocd squirrely (along with the chrome mirrors).... and bumpers lol. meh, maybe it's not so much ocd as preferring the look of a sport where everything matches
I didn't get them here, but you can find them at this link. The price seems the same as what I paid.

https://www.wermopar.com/v-2018-ram...rs-door-mirrors-and-related-parts--front-door

OP
OP
89grand

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I finished the swap today. Man that's a lot of work, but to me, completely worth the effort. I also took the opportunity to add some sound deadening since I had the inner door skin off anyway.

Before:

0125201446_HDR.jpg

After:

0125201609_HDR.jpg
0125201735_HDR.jpg
0124201629_HDR.jpg

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At least it’s just a regular cab...

I’ve had colormatched handles sitting in a box for well over 2 years lmao one of these days when the weathers right and I have time between jobs I’ll tackle it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
89grand

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At least it’s just a regular cab...

I’ve had colormatched handles sitting in a box for well over 2 years lmao one of these days when the weathers right and I have time between jobs I’ll tackle it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The first door will probably take 1.5 hours or more as you figure out what to do. After that, each one will take a little less than an hour.

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I replaced them too on my 17 reg cab but I was able to do it without taking the inner door skin off. Took me about 45 mins in total to swap them out. Painted definitely looks wayyy betterIMG_0246.JPG

17HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
how did you do them without taking the door panel off

OP
OP
89grand

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You'd have to take the door panels off, but you could undo some of the bolts on the upper corner of the inner door skin and reach in there to get to the 3 bolts that hold the handle on. Every time I try a short cut, it ends up being a bigger pain in the ass so I just took the whole inner door skin off. It's not that hard to do really.

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

I went through the access hole in the door but you have to have skinny arms and patience to go that route because it can be a little frustrating. I believe the access hole is a little higher on the regular cabs then on the other cab sizes which makes it easier on the reg cabs. I didn't need to loosen any of the bolts on the panel either.

I looked where the bolts were on the new handle and went at them with a little 1/4 drive ratchet. Once the bolts were loose I put some painters tape around the handle on the outside to protect it. From there I pulled the handle and detached the rod connecting it. Before connecting the new handle I partially screwed in the bolts into each of the handles bolt holes and removed them. They aren't threaded from factory and are nearly impossible to get started when going this route. I started the bolts by hand then tightened with the wrench. Other than that it is just reversing the steps till its all back together.

Took me probably 45 mins MAYBE an hour tops to do both sides in total.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went through the access hole in the door but you have to have skinny arms and patience to go that route because it can be a little frustrating. I believe the access hole is a little higher on the regular cabs then on the other cab sizes which makes it easier on the reg cabs. I didn't need to loosen any of the bolts on the panel either.

I looked where the bolts were on the new handle and went at them with a little 1/4 drive ratchet. Once the bolts were loose I put some painters tape around the handle on the outside to protect it. From there I pulled the handle and detached the rod connecting it. Before connecting the new handle I partially screwed in the bolts into each of the handles bolt holes and removed them. They aren't threaded from factory and are nearly impossible to get started when going this route. I started the bolts by hand then tightened with the wrench. Other than that it is just reversing the steps till its all back together.

Took me probably 45 mins MAYBE an hour tops to do both sides in total.
I take it you didn’t have to remove the glass window? Have been contemplating taking mine off to paint them.

OP
OP
89grand

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I take it you didn’t have to remove the glass window? Have been contemplating taking mine off to paint them.

I took the whole inner door skin off, and I didn't remove the glass. I did have to unclip it from the regulator and tape it in the up position, but that wasn't too hard to do.

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Nope, just make sure the window is all the way up. Again I don't know how well this will work on other sized cabs but it worked for me well on my regular cab.

I'd recommend looking around for some painted ones instead of painting them unless your real good at painting. I've seen some really cheap ones off wrecked trucks pop up from time to time.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
panel hole.jpg Just drill a hole in the inner door skin big enough to fit a socket in with an extension,thats what I did,very easy,10min a door.

OP
OP
89grand

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't see how drilling one hole is enough, as there are 3 bolts holding the handle on. Taking the door skin off, if needed, isn't all that hard, just somewhat time consuming. Doing so, does give full access to the door for sound deadener, if one wants to do that.

I'd also recommend buying them, as they were only $88 plus shipping for the pair and match perfectly.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I put sound deadener in mine also, one hole is enough to easily reach the three,I've done it