I need a new battery....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HemiPower36

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok, I am good, for some reason third times a charm. Thanks for everyone’s input. For the record I put in the Duralast Platinum AGM. I chose that battery because it is supposed to be good with high drain electronics.

God speed to everyone. Truck is not going off the cliff and is alive for another adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, I am good, for some reason third times a charm. Thanks for everyone’s input. For the record I put in the Duralast Platinum AGM. I chose that battery because it is supposed to be good with high drain electronics.

God speed to everyone. Truck is not going off the cliff and is alive for another adventure.

Glad it worked out[emoji106][emoji106]

These new vehicles are so stupidly sensitive to voltage it's ridiculous...

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Noticed yesterday that the remote start didn't work, and she was slow to turn over when I started up. This morning she almost didn't start at all.

Called my local interstate shop and got a "factory blem" (short for blemish) installed for $120. The employee attached a power back up so nothing was changed or lost on my truck. Took all of 15 minutes. 5 year warranty as well.

Great price and great service.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

You should look into a AGM specific battery charger if you don't have one,old style lead battery chargers usually don't play well with AGM batteries

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
AGM for the win. Had a good battery in my 2013 Ram, but wanted a agm since I knew time was coming soon that I would need battery, so used the Ram one in another vehicle. Advanced auto, $140 ish with coupon. After installing the AGM, my lights don't flicker unless super deep bass from like rap songs and using the full 1500+ watts, before would flicker. That was with no big 3 upgrade, a 1600 watt rms amp, has oem alpine system powering factory speakers except sub, so runs that amp too, stock alternator. If I did big 3, may not flicker at all. If a AGM is dead, you need a agm charger, if you don't have one a regular charger and old working battery may bring it back to life, connect charger to old battery and jumper cables to the dead agm, tricks it into charging. Did this with two 10 year year old agm that sat dead for 3+ years and they both came back to life.

Last edited:

mlappin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Just had to deal with this today. Went to my ortho guy this morning, wife had to stay in the truck. I had 25cc of fluid removed from my knee and replaced it with some cortisone. Got done and came out and starter wouldn’t even click, gauges would drop to zero and a few other things. Got a jump and took a good 10 minutes for it to just barely start. Got home and tested the battery and the tester says its good, but was also only set at 525 amps.

mlappin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
So it came up with the epl;oyee at our auto parts store that GM had a recall that was basically nothing more than bring the vehicle in, disconnect the battery terminals and wiggle the battery blanket/wrap off and throw it away then reconnect the battery. Theory was that yes it did protect the battery from excessive heat but once the battery did get hot, the blanket held it in longer.

So, toss the battery wrap or keep it?

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hi guys i was reading the posts about hi out put alternators and i was looking for an opinion my grandson is having alternator problems and a friend of his offer to give him a used 250 amp alternator he ran on his 11 ram 5.7 that he used for 1.5 years with out up grading the battery cables with no problems my question is if my grand son is going to have problems if doe's not up grade the battery cables your opinion's please