I needs major help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lwood0305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 L
4 code problem

P0300 - random/multiple cylinder misfire detected
P1391 - manufactured controlled ignition system or misfire
P0305 - cylinder 5 misfire detected
P0307 - cylinder 7 misfire detected

I changed the map sensor, idle air control motor, throttle position sensor, crank position sensor, changed the spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap rotor, oil change, oil filter, took the holly intake off and cleaned up really good with carb cleaner, crank case breather elemnt(which was plugged with an oily goo like substance), pcv valve all this weekend and it has not changed anything.

When I did the wires I did it according to an online web page I was told about that said if I have random cylinder misfires especially with cylinder 8 and 5. Still have problems.

Hope I don't get to long here. But I want to explain everything I have done in the past too so you can better help.

About 5 years ago I changed the distributor itself.
Changed the plenum gasket, and the fuel injector O-rings

5 years ago, I kept getting random cylinder misfires I changed the plenum gasket and the o-rings. It seemed not to do a whole lot. Helped a little I think but I think that was psychological. Slowly it's been getting worse.

This whole last year I have had to start the truck rev it up to 2500 rpms for no less then 5 min before the engine would stay on. And then when it did stay on it would only be running at 500 rpms. Even when I would go down the road at and 70mpg it would be only running at 1800 Rpms. Before changing all those things this last weekend I had 6 codes. The four above plus p0308 for the eight cylinder and p0306 for the sixth cylinder.

I need help bad. Anyone have anymore ideas. (There is some stuff I left out that I did but this story would get long)

Anyone have ideas that would help me out that I can try

Crocdocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 5.9
Im not sure but running a engine with a mis for tat long isn't good for it lol

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
With as bad a misfire you have, I would be doing a compression test.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
compression test is a good start, would be a good idea to double check the plug wiring just in case maybe you led the wire the correct way however on distributor it could be in wrong spot.

Also check for any frayed wires anywhere.

keep us updated