I really like the new Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TSR6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I've used a lot of different waxes - most recently was the Meguiars Ultimate line (and the aerosol last summer) - and this Hybrid Ceramic Wax is some cool stuff.

I'm VERY happy with the time savings that it gives (removes the wax-on/wax-off step since you "work" in the wax while you dry the truck), the shine, and the durability.

Here's a quick video I did during my first application:

...and then I did just a very quick (20min max) wash & wax job after a road trip to Canada and back (13 hours of driving one way, gravel roads and more!)

I think about the only thing Meguiars could do better with this stuff is to find away to embed this into a sudsing car wash mix.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Hope you are using a Grit Guard in your bucket:). I'm using the Aerolon Tech Shine same type of application. Boats, motorcycles, cars, trucks, these types of water activated polymers are amazing. Wish they were available when I remember doing a Blue Coral wax job with my Dad on a black car. Took several hours for the both of us.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I’ve got a thread somewhere about this coating.
I’ve had a single coat on my wife’s Jeep Trailhawk now for 2 1/2 months and all I do is rinse it off once in a while. The water beads up and rolls off. Bam a nice clean Jeep with no real work.
I really like it. I’d like it even more if it covered more area

The Blue Mule

OP
OP
T

TSR6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hope you are using a Grit Guard in your bucket:). I'm using the Aerolon Tech Shine same type of application. Boats, motorcycles, cars, trucks, these types of water activated polymers are amazing. Wish they were available when I remember doing a Blue Coral wax job with my Dad on a black car. Took several hours for the both of us.

I like to live dangerously. I normally use two buckets, but I need to replace my 2nd bucket... someone (not me) in my household ended up cracking it.

I’ve got a thread somewhere about this coating.
I’ve had a single coat on my wife’s Jeep Trailhawk now for 2 1/2 months and all I do is rinse it off once in a while. The water beads up and rolls off. Bam a nice clean Jeep with no real work.
I really like it. I’d like it even more if it covered more area

The Blue Mule

You know, If I didnt have hard water, I'd probably just need a light wash/rinse on mine too. That's what I love about this stuff though - is that it's perfect for me. A light mist, rinse and dry it down and im good to go.

I actually tried adding it to my soap (about 7-8 sprays) on one of the washes. It kinda ruined the suds, but I think it could be an option.

What do you mean about coverage? On my first bottle, and first wash, I used WAAAYY to much. You should be able to get a full summer of car washes out of one bottle with this once you get your base coat done. 1 spray for each door, one on the fenders, two on the quarters, 3 sprays on the hood, 2-3 sprays on the roof. It's not like you have to get carried away and use this like the old spray waxes where you have to use a ton of stuff.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I guess I used way too much. On her Jeep I used 2 whole bottles. I did her black wheels and all. Trust me my arthritis was telling me about it. 2 bottles then a good rinse. I’m guessing it’ll take 3 bottles for the Ram. It’s got 10 acres of paint. Damn it’s a big truck.

The Blue Mule

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Using too much on your base application is not a bad thing, but prepare for a nice shoulder and forearm workout on a 4 door full sized truck.

Follow up maintenance should just be a couple light mists(there are two nozzle settings) from the top and let the water shower blend it into the rest. I'm just about to do my first this weekend but extremely impressed after the base coat and driving through torrential downpour the next day. Literally flowed streaming water over the windshield(wiped it down as well) and I could see waterfalls coming down the back window. Later that day it was basically spotless when the sun came up other than the residue from tires/road. Rumor has it that it looks the same to this day...

OP
OP
T

TSR6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess I used way too much. On her Jeep I used 2 whole bottles. I did her black wheels and all. Trust me my arthritis was telling me about it. 2 bottles then a good rinse. I’m guessing it’ll take 3 bottles for the Ram. It’s got 10 acres of paint. Damn it’s a big truck.

The Blue Mule

waaaaaaaaay too much.

Seriously. A little goes a long way with this stuff. Like I mentioned, 3 sprays for the hood alone has it covered. You're basically spraying it and using the water to distribute it, and the drying rag to work it in and make it uniform.

OP
OP
T

TSR6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Using too much on your base application is not a bad thing, but prepare for a nice shoulder and forearm workout on a 4 door full sized truck.

Follow up maintenance should just be a couple light mists(there are two nozzle settings) from the top and let the water shower blend it into the rest. I'm just about to do my first this weekend but extremely impressed after the base coat and driving through torrential downpour the next day. Literally flowed streaming water over the windshield(wiped it down as well) and I could see waterfalls coming down the back window. Later that day it was basically spotless when the sun came up other than the residue from tires/road. Rumor has it that it looks the same to this day...

Yep. It works great. In my case I went to Canada and back, dirt roads, ect - and the only thing I had was a little road grime and then some road tar (they were spraying the highway in an area) to take care of. It all wiped off easy. I'd say this could easily be a 6mo wax in my area with no upkeep... but I'll still touch up every time I wash. I park outside, and havent washed it in 2 weeks now and it still looks great.

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Not trying to sell Aerolon here. Watch the Aerolon video about using a sponge for application insuring good impingement with the substrate. I'm speculating the Meguiar's would benefit from this 'wipe" as well. A bit more work but I would think it would pay dividends.

Last edited:

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Not tryin to sell Aerolon here. Watch the Aerolon video about using a sponge for application insuring good impingement with the substrate. I'm speculating the Meguiar's would benefit from this 'wipe" as well. A bit more work but I would think it would pay dividends.

I agree a good uniform wipe to spread it evenly would probably help it.
I know I used 10X to much but,it was my first experience with it.

The Blue Mule

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got some of that stuff waiting for the next cool day to do up the whole truck and not bake in the heat

Abaco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to thank you guys for the tip on the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. After reading your reports, I bought two bottles. I finally had the opportunity to clean and apply it today. I like the results and plan to use it on a regular basis. I was using wax as you dry product between hand waxing so the truck looked good regularly but this is definitely an improvement.

OP
OP
T

TSR6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wanted to thank you guys for the tip on the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. After reading your reports, I bought two bottles. I finally had the opportunity to clean and apply it today. I like the results and plan to use it on a regular basis. I was using wax as you dry product between hand waxing so the truck looked good regularly but this is definitely an improvement.

Awesome! Glad to have helped. It's seriously the favorite wax product I have ever used.

Jetsfan122

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express Crew Cab White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually saw this product at the auto parts store and thought about purchasing it, but was a little skeptical. After reading this thread , I did purchase it and am very happy with the ease of use, the time it saves and the finished product. Thanks !

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have fairly recently done a full paint correction with cutting compound, polish and wax.
I was hoping to use this product to keep the protection going rather than stripping it down again. anyone have any experience with how it works when done this way? I know it’s not the way the directions say.

Dr J Cumminz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L with Aisin
I have fairly recently done a full paint correction with cutting compound, polish and wax.
I was hoping to use this product to keep the protection going rather than stripping it down again. anyone have any experience with how it works when done this way? I know it’s not the way the directions say.

If you did a paint correction, it should come out really nice. I did some correction on mine the other day with some D300 and gonna go get some to try. I had food an Adam's ceramic coating which wasn't too bad, but it didn't last as long as I thought it would. About 3-4 months, I had to constantly apply the booster to keep the hydrophobic properties.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you did a paint correction, it should come out really nice. I did some correction on mine the other day with some D300 and gonna go get some to try. I had food an Adam's ceramic coating which wasn't too bad, but it didn't last as long as I thought it would. About 3-4 months, I had to constantly apply the booster to keep the hydrophobic properties.
And you must know. You’re a doctor after all!

OP
OP
T

TSR6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

No, this would just be a topping for it. I clayed, and then used Meg's M80 or Ultimate Polish (cant remember which) and then topped it with the Hybrid Ceramic.

If it needed a LOT of work, it'd have done Megs M83, M80 and then the Hybrid ceramic.

OP
OP
T

TSR6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I actually saw this product at the auto parts store and thought about purchasing it, but was a little skeptical. After reading this thread , I did purchase it and am very happy with the ease of use, the time it saves and the finished product. Thanks !

Happy to help. I'm still ultra-happy with this stuff. I'm thinking I might even be able to re-apply in the winter (where I use a car wash wand-wash on occasion) once the salt and brine starts getting applied to the roads.