I want LED bulbs for my Ram 2500 and need help from the pros choosing the best brand!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunny A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The big debate over HID vs LED in a halogen projector has been going on for years. The main problem with LEDs in the past is their body was too thick and the LED chip placement was bad, causing the light focus to be in the wrong spot and having a shadow/dark spot in the center. HIDs have their light source centered in the same spot that a halogen filament does, so that's why they've worked so well.

There finally are some LEDs that have a thin enough body and chip placement in the right spot to function well in a halogen projector. I run these Auxito LEDs in my '17 Sport for the lows and highs, they work GREAT. I'm very happy with their cutoff and light output.

Thanks for the info, I've been doing a ton of research and just ordered 2 sets of these

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have alpharex g2 pros and had Katana h7s. Liked them they seemed better than the stock bulbs that came with. Just noticed one is barely putting out light anymore so looking to get something better as I ordered them in 2020 and I'm sure tech has improved. Have changed my mind about 300 times.

Sounds like people like the Auxito and the pics earlier in the thread are impressive for the inexpensive price. I don't care much about price if more expensive is better. My other top choice is GTR Ultra 2.

Or Hylux Hid kit from hidkitpros. Would be about same price as the GTR Ultra 2. Bit cheaper.

Can't make up mind. Just about ordered the Hylux HID kit a second ago, but then found this thread and am now debating the Auxito.

Last edited: