i2010-Jay Greene Tune Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You stated in the first post that the tiner is "not compatible with your truck". I think there in lies the problem...dont know if diablo will be able to do anything for you. Good luck. Keep us posted

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You stated in the first post that the tiner is "not compatible with your truck". I think there in lies the problem...dont know if diablo will be able to do anything for you. Good luck. Keep us posted

Yeah, but that doesnt make any sense that it can't pair. Prior owner had a 2014 Hemi and so do I. When I plug it to my truck, the only vin it reads is mine, so as far as I can tell it is unmarried. I believe I have read Diablo can do a reset on the tuner. I'm just curious if the prior owner had canned tunes removed for some reason as he did have custom tunes added to it. Eventually I will be able find time to get off early so I can call Diablo.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was it used on a boosted truck as part of the package? Maybe it never had canned tunes? Dunno, not sure how you would delete the canned tunes.

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was it used on a boosted truck as part of the package? Maybe it never had canned tunes? Dunno, not sure how you would delete the canned tunes.

Not really sure about that. I have been using SC for years, so don't know much about Diablo. My thoughts are you buy an i2 and they just come with canned tunes, was not aware you could purchase them without any tunes. The box for the tuner does have a date stamp sticker on it of Dec15. I am assuming this one was sent out of the factory on that month/year.

Anyhow, if anyone has this tuner and knows if canned tunes are accessible and deletable then I can assume this is probably what happened and Diablo can then do a reset to get the canned tunes back on. I definitely would like to call Diablo somewhat knowing what I am talking about so I can prevent from being screwed around.

RysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You could absolutely delete the canned tunes by opening the tuner's file folders via PC.

Maybe you could get somebody to forward you the basic file folders that would have been included on your tuner when new.....

Be mindful that you could potentially brick your truck and/or the other person's tuner if you share files. I don't know jack**** about CMR, just putting some ideas out there....

RysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
And further to that lol.....

You're gonna want to know if files from an i1000 etc are compatible with your i2. I suspect that they all share the same file architecture.

I can screenshot what I have on my i1000 later this evening if it's any help.

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Rys...I don't think I need any info from the i1000. I'm not sure how that came in to play on the thread earlier, but I have never had an i1000. Definitely will not copy canned tuned files from another i2, I would agree that is risky. Just trying to figure out if this thing has canned tunes from the factory, what they are called and where I would locate them in the tuner folders.

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, got the canned tunes updated to this tuner. No thanks to Diablo CS, 30 minutes on hold and 2 minutes on the call and the dude drops me and doesn't bother to call me back.

Anyhow, what a pita this tuner is, not as user friendly as an SC. No options to turn off MDS and when I installed the tune with tire adjustment it never gave me an option to enter my tire size, but it did some sort of adjustment to the speedo. Oh well, off to a custom tune soon while blowing out eardrums with drone.

RysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I can turn off MDS with my old i1000. It should be in "adjustable parameters".

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I just want to say I love my I2, find it incredibly easy to use and custom tuning is well worth it.

This thread is weird....lol

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can turn off MDS with my old i1000. It should be in "adjustable parameters".

I'm sure it's capable, I'll goof with it more later. Between messing with fixing it on the computer, calibrating and installing, it took forever and I was done. When it said it could take 30 minutes to install the tune, that was no joke, I think it took longer. Lol. Too bad they don't provide a descriptive manual. As soon as I get the speedo and MDS figured out, I'll get back with Jay. A PITA this tuner has been for me, but will be worth it in the end.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
MarshRam...I have a trinity I bought it new. I had a jay Green tune as well never had any issues what so ever with the trinity or the tune. its on 2014 5.7 Ram. I will sell it if your interested. Not using it any more.

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MarshRam...I have a trinity I bought it new. I had a jay Green tune as well never had any issues what so ever with the trinity or the tune. its on 2014 5.7 Ram. I will sell it if your interested. Not using it any more.

Hi Ramit, thanks for lookin out. Although I haven't got around to plugging it back in to get my speedo and mds taken care of, I know it will do it. Now that I got the repair done and have the canned tune installed, I am comfortable with it, just need to learn it. I'll be having Jay throw the custom tune on in the next week or two.

I appreciate the offer. Throw it up on the forum for sale, I'm sure it will sell in no time!

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad to hear your up and running! I like the 91 tune and really liked the tow tune when towing camper too. Once your up and used to it then throw a J greene tune on wow! Its well worth it for his tune too. Not really in a hurry to sell the tuner but If some one on here decides they need one I would sell it at a good price, I enjoyed it and got my moneys worth from it. I would run jay's tune all time and then select tow tune when I had it on the Truck. My son used the trinty canned tuned on a 5.7 Charger and really like it too...he got him a new Red line Silverado so its just hanging around on a shelf...lol.

OP
OP
MarshRam

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I could get 91 in my area, it's hard to find. Gonna have to be 87 until I get my commuter car. Then I'll probably bump it up to 93.

I'm sure if you post that Trinity at a minimum of 35% off retail cost and are willing to eat the shipping and paypal fees, it will be gone in no time.

Thanks again for the offer, I would have taken you up on it if I didn't have the i2.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its a nice difference on 93 and 91 too. its very common here at many gas station right now its about 3.33 a gallon. Its all I run in the Scat Pack nothing else has been ran it since new. I always run 89 or 91 in the ram. Neither has ethanol run in them.

Thanks for the info. Not in no hurry to sell the Trinity may just keep it around until some one needs one.:)