Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bilstein 5100

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • rancho

• other shocks

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eryk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
flowmaster super 10 or a magnaflow? pros/cons?
sct tuner or superchips? pros/cons?
bilstein 5100's or rancho shocks? pros/cons?

any help is appreciated

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
IMO Magnaflow for sound and performance, flowmaster just for sound... and only sometimes :Wedgie:

SCT or superchips? Neither

Bilsteins or Rancho? No idea as I have always had lowered trucks.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnaflow > Flowmaster...why?

Well, if you're going strictly for sound, get a Flowmaster...if you're going for both performance and sound, go with Magnaflow. I also like to call Flowmasters, "Rustmasters"...they do have a tendancy to rust from the inside out.

SCT vs Superchips...

Well, that all depends, if you want custom tuning for mods, SCT can't be beat as they will write a custom tune for you depending on your mods. If you want to just buy a tuner for out of the box performance, go with a 3865 from Superchips. However, the SCT tunes by Hemifever will out perform any tuner on the market from what I have heard.

Bilstein shocks > ALL...

Why, cause they're German and Germans know shocks...lol....but really, NOBODY can outperform Bilstein IMO.

OP
OP
E

eryk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
IMO Magnaflow for sound and performance, flowmaster just for sound... and only sometimes :Wedgie:

SCT or superchips? Neither

Bilsteins or Rancho? No idea as I have always had lowered trucks.

im looking for something to **** my neighbors off for sound, i have a dual flowmaster 44 and they like it :Stupid Me:

what do you suggest for a tuner?

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Votes in on shocks anyways. Other preferences are SC 3865, and although Magnaflow sounds like a tank, perhaps an 18" on your set-up might be good. Flowmaster with paired mufflers and resonators sounds great but that mostly applies to Hemi Cars, and come in stainless to kill the Rustmaster Tag! (Edit: Funny as I typed this before I hit post and you had already meantioned the Rust/Smoked Ram).

Last edited:

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
i have the flowmaster 10 series on my truck and i love it. its got a nice raspy and aggressive tone to it.

OP
OP
E

eryk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
does anybody have some lit on magnaflow performance wise? and which one is the loudest out of the ones they offer?

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The shorter the muffler, the louder they are. You can search for flowrates on the internet, and you will see that Flowmasters are one of the worst flowing of most mufflers.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
dude, i freaking love my exhaust (16 inch magna flow) it's loud, but not like the 10 series.

it all depends on what exactly you're doing to the truck

OP
OP
E

eryk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
dude, i freaking love my exhaust (16 inch magna flow) it's loud, but not like the 10 series.

it all depends on what exactly you're doing to the truck

i used to have straight pipe, but then i went super44. personally now i hate it bc its very quiet. i plan on hollowing out the cat and redoing the muffler along with headers and a bunch of other fun parts, but im trying to find the happy medium of really loud and tuned sound...

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
I've noticed ( and this will start some debate) that most of the repondents own newer trucks with hemis. Some of them may have owned 2nd gens in the past, but I believe that hemis sound nothing like magnum motors to begin with.

Otherwise, I can't respond on your exhaust... I prefer walking softly and carrying a big stick. Anyone can be loud.

I've lots of different shocks over the years, and would have to go with the Bilstiens. KYB is a close 2nd. Unless you go with a uber expensive rebuildable shock like Fox, King or Black Ops, all the other brands are either a derivitive of Monroe or Gabriel shocks because they make them.

I'm happy with my SCT tuner. It was cheaper than a Superchips, and while it won't reset your speedometer, Seans ability to fine tune the SCT makes for a better tuner.

OP
OP
E

eryk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
I've noticed ( and this will start some debate) that most of the repondents own newer trucks with hemis. Some of them may have owned 2nd gens in the past, but I believe that hemis sound nothing like magnum motors to begin with.

Otherwise, I can't respond on your exhaust... I prefer walking softly and carrying a big stick. Anyone can be loud.

I've lots of different shocks over the years, and would have to go with the Bilstiens. KYB is a close 2nd. Unless you go with a uber expensive rebuildable shock like Fox, King or Black Ops, all the other brands are either a derivitive of Monroe or Gabriel shocks because they make them.

I'm happy with my SCT tuner. It was cheaper than a Superchips, and while it won't reset your speedometer, Seans ability to fine tune the SCT makes for a better tuner.

no i completely agree, i just miss having a loud truck. haha maybe its the teenager in me...
how much does he charge for a tuner with the tune for your trucks mods?

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
no i completely agree, i just miss having a loud truck. haha maybe its the teenager in me...
how much does he charge for a tuner with the tune for your trucks mods?

Well, he sells 3 canned tunes with the tuner for 265.00. I'd suggest a bit of dialogue with him about your truck and its mods, and what your looking for. He tweaked my lockup speed to give me a bit better mileage in town.

Sean also just did an update on the canned tunes which improved my low end response as well.

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
exhaust: magnaflow.

ive had the innards rust out of 2 flowmasters. effectively creating a fartish rattle that sounds appualing.

I have bilstiens, I like them.

programmer? i have a bullydog gt. love it.

OP
OP
E

eryk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l 360
so what would you guys recommend for a magnaflow?
and do i have to buy the sct tunes separately?