Inez Relocation Brackets or Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys. Looking to lower my ram 4 inch in the rear using the Belltech or MaxTrac spring. Don’t know which one to go with, any recommendations? My main question though is I was looking to install the Inez no cut relocation brackets or the adjustable rear control arms they offer. I understand that they resolve the same issues. My vehicle is just a cruiser, no hardcore driving. Any recommendation on which to go with the brackets or the control arms. Thanks in advance.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hi guys. Looking to lower my ram 4 inch in the rear using the Belltech or MaxTrac spring. Don’t know which one to go with, any recommendations? My main question though is I was looking to install the Inez no cut relocation brackets or the adjustable rear control arms they offer. I understand that they resolve the same issues. My vehicle is just a cruiser, no hardcore driving. Any recommendation on which to go with the brackets or the control arms. Thanks in advance.

Put the springs in and go from there. If you have a high speed wobble or bad wheelhop then do the relocation brackets.Some guys get away with-out needing the brackets or adjustable locating arms.The brackets fix the wonky suspension geometery that occurs when you lower a 4th Gen,the adjustable locating arms,don't address the geometery issues,and are basically a band-aid.Drive it for a few days to let things settle,then go for a high speed drive ,if you don't have a high speed wobble or bad wheelhop,i wouldn't worry to much about the brackets or locating arms.

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put the springs in and go from there. If you have a high speed wobble or bad wheelhop then do the relocation brackets.Some guys get away with-out needing the brackets or adjustable locating arms.The brackets fix the wonky suspension geometery that occurs when you lower a 4th Gen,the adjustable locating arms,don't address the geometery issues,and are basically a band-aid.Drive it for a few days to let things settle,then go for a high speed drive ,if you don't have a high speed wobble or bad wheelhop,i wouldn't worry to much about the brackets or locating arms.
Thanks I appreciate it. Only reason I was considering throwing on the brackets is because I found it easier doing everything at the same time. Also I heard going 4 in the back pushes the wheel forward so with the brackets wouldn’t it center the wheel back in the middle?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks I appreciate it. Only reason I was considering throwing on the brackets is because I found it easier doing everything at the same time. Also I heard going 4 in the back pushes the wheel forward so with the brackets wouldn’t it center the wheel back in the middle?

The wheels do move ahead slightly,but it's not as noticeable as you think.There's a pile of lowered trucks running around with-out the brackets or the adjustable locating arms.If it was me,i'd do the springs first as they're a piece of cake to swap,and don't really add any extra labour if you decide you do need the brackets down the road.The brackets aren't that cheap,and if you end up not needing them,then you're out a bit of money trying to return them.It's your call,but why spend money if you don't have to.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Go with the beltech springs and the no cut brackets, install all and done. This way you wont have any hassles with getting the correct adjustment on the rear control arms.

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go with the beltech springs and the no cut brackets, install all and done. This way you wont have any hassles with getting the correct adjustment on the rear control arms.
Okay thanks. On top of both of those I just need the new end links, track bar relocation brackets, and shorter bump stops?

Edit: Found the kit that includes all this. Just confused that the kit includes a crossmember notch? Is this needed I got a quad cab

Last edited:

40Cent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Belltech 2/4 drop -965SP Kit with Inez no cut brackets and your solid... Comes with new end-links, trackbar relocation bracket, bump stops & street performance shocks.Just got mine installed a few weeks ago and love the stance so far. Going to be adding 22" wheels soon and may go to a 3/5 drop...

IMG_4866.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Okay thanks. On top of both of those I just need the new end links, track bar relocation brackets, and shorter bump stops?

Edit: Found the kit that includes all this. Just confused that the kit includes a crossmember notch? Is this needed I got a quad cab

Please show the links to all so I can check it out.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Belltech 2/4 drop -965SP Kit with Inez no cut brackets and your solid... Comes with new end-links, trackbar relocation bracket, bump stops & street performance shocks.Just got mine installed a few weeks ago and love the stance so far. Going to be adding 22" wheels soon and may go to a 3/5 drop...

View attachment 162321

View attachment 162322

Beautiful truck with the 2/4 drop! I have the same drop on mine but will be going with a 4/6 soon. I got to close up that wheel well gap.

IMG_2431.JPG

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 162321

View attachment 162322
Beautiful truck! Would you recommend the shocks?

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please show the links to all so I can check it out.
Kind of confusing but I already have the front components just need the rear. I have quad cab and it sits 3” higher in the rear so I will just lower the from 1” and rear 4” for a leveled look. I was confused because I kept reading ext cab on the description but compared the part number to the complete kit for the quad cabs and they’re the same. #5318. Here is the link. Thanks https://www.belltech.com/products/b...m-1500-ext-cab-rear-4-drop-v-8-only-5318.html

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Kind of confusing but I already have the front components just need the rear. I have quad cab and it sits 3” higher in the rear so I will just lower the from 1” and rear 4” for a leveled look. I was confused because I kept reading ext cab on the description but compared the part number to the complete kit for the quad cabs and they’re the same. #5318. Here is the link. Thanks https://www.belltech.com/products/b...m-1500-ext-cab-rear-4-drop-v-8-only-5318.html

That should work good. Go here for a cheaper price with free shipping.

https://www.summitracing.com/search...tch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=5318 belltech

OP
OP
WhiteNBlackRam

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Couple of buddy’s of mine are running that drop and it looks really nice. That’s what I was originally planning on but too many people In my area have the same.

I am doing it because I like that low look but also because its easier for me to get in and out when low.

ryan russell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a set of cut Inez no brackets for sale. New never used msg me if interested

Last edited: