Installing front bilstein 5100s. Anyone in Calgary area want some $?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looking for someone comfortable doing an install of these to replace my front. I have a line on a local mechanic in Airdrie, but if I can find a shadetree mechanic who can do it, has done it and can save me some bucks, that would be great. Please pm me if interested. I'll help..and learn! LOL. Truck has about 5000 miles on it so I assume it shouldn't be as tough as some to get apart.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine had 11k on it in Virginia. Top nuts were rusted. But I had been given a a full set of SAE/Metric offset boxend wrenches for xmas, made it an ok job. Did the drivers side in about an hour or so. Passenger side went great until trying to separate the balljoint. Spent an hour smacking it (correctly) and it would not separate. Even with heat. Had to run to AZone and find something that would pull it. Found a heavy duty pittman arm puller and rented it. Finally got it. No damage to anything but jeez was it in tight.

OP
OP
buddy guy

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
funny you say that because as i hee'd and haw'd on doing it myself I thought, I would be happy to give it a go myself...if it wasn't my only mode of transportation and i don't have a partner or a bud who can get me around if i ran into a problem that i needed something else to resolve..tool or time. i believe in my 57 years of living the projects i didn't get into trouble on were those that i was absolutely confident i could do after researching. then there's those that i ended up generally spending more money & time on to backtrack and fix. basically, through some painful experiences i've learned its best to respect my limitations. lol.

first time i shingled a house was quite the story. i had done small sheds with a simple roof, but my last house that i decided to do myself after nights of research was almost a disaster. first, it had cedar shakes. those were ******* to get off the roof. they don't just shovel off like shingles. then, it had all kinds of valleys. more tricky than your average roof. then finally, it was the roof on a 3600 square foot house. it seemed to go on for miles and miles. felt like i'd never get it done. but saving over 12K in labour was too much of a temptation to ignore. and i have a touchy back too. and then there was the heat on that roof in July. that project damn near killed me.