Installing OEM backup cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To ALL installing this OEM back up camera kit .
This kit is not difficult , you do not have to read this entire thread . Imo if your a DIYer and capable of soldering one maybe two wires ( depending on your trim level ) and patient depopulating a couple connectors you can definitely do this .
Just remember if you get stumped refer to post # 10 and it's references , within post #10 and it's references is 99.9% likely the answer to any issue you would encounter.
And by all means ASK Qs here as well !
Share your experiences here too !

If someone ask a Q and you know the answer then by all means help them out . That's what makes this forum so great !

Dodgetk81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did this today using this thread for info. Took about four hours. Part I hated the most was running the harness from the front to back. Thanks to all who posted in this thread. Without you, I might have been backing into all kinds of stuff. Now I can see it!

ram4eva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
you can get NavTool from NAVTOOL INC

I got one and i was able to add 4 cameras front, rear and sides, plus no trip to dealer for activation.

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Question. Is it possible for the C5 connector that goes in the bcm to go in the wrong way? Last night I was just looking at my wiring to see how big of job the back up cam install is. Now this morning my truck won't start. Battery isn't dead because lights turn on but tailgate doesn’t lock doors won't lock or unlock. Any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Question. Is it possible for the C5 connector that goes in the bcm to go in the wrong way? Last night I was just looking at my wiring to see how big of job the back up cam install is. Now this morning my truck won't start. Battery isn't dead because lights turn on but tailgate doesn’t lock doors won't lock or unlock. Any ideas? Thanks

This happened to me as well , it just needs to be seated properly .
1) remove Neg battery terminal
2) re remove the C -5 connector
& reinstall it pushing it firmly with your left hand while camming the lock over with the right hand .
3) reattach the Neg and try again

Hope this helps !

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gave it another attempt didn't work. Was on my lunch break though so didn't have much time

Last edited:

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Still nothing [emoji17]

Ktstull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just had my camera installed in my 13 ram, and I have the parkview camera delay option but no option to turn on active guidelines, does anyone have any comments about that? (It was installed by the dealership)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I just had my camera installed in my 13 ram, and I have the parkview camera delay option but no option to turn on active guidelines, does anyone have any comments about that? (It was installed by the dealership)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From post 10 ...
6ee7d6632454a7376c006f3f5e0f727c.jpg

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Gave it another attempt didn't work. Was on my lunch break though so didn't have much time
Double check the pins on the BCM side to make sure they did not get bent over/touching or broken off. Again, with battery disconnected.

Take your time and origami yourself in there with a flash light to get a good look.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Would the bad connection not allow the option to even show up in the menu?
Probably not.

Do you have an RA2 radio?
If so update the SW via the uConnect site.
(The only way to identify the sw version on RA2 is after putting in the USB update stick and waiting for the pop up that shows what version you have and gives the option to update or not).

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well.. Dealership has it now. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Chrysler 200 loaner for now.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Well.. Dealership has it now. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Chrysler 200 loaner for now.

Let us know what they find out

Express Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let us know what they find out

Okay I will thank you. I'm sure it's probably what you said. I looked online and found that there are other cases of this. Pictures come out blurry

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Wish I could read that screenshot

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It does, except it has what appears to be the 3 wires going to the radio.

Yea, I definitely do not have those 3 wires there. If I make a mini harness from this connector to the back of the radio would it work? Any thoughts on this?
d1c7a4f709b18cbbcf9acb9ce26ff417.jpg

Ktstull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Probably not.

Do you have an RA2 radio?
If so update the SW via the uConnect site.
(The only way to identify the sw version on RA2 is after putting in the USB update stick and waiting for the pop up that shows what version you have and gives the option to update or not).

Ha! The last time I updated it, is when that series of bad radios came out and the update bricked the whole thing. Dealership gave me a new radio. Have you heard of anyone having the radio bricked after this update?