Intermittent Warning lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eroemer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
The ABS and Service 4WD and ESP/BAS and Tire Pressure and Traction Control instrument panel lights all come on, the chime plays, and then the lights all go off again right away. Lights are only on for 1-2 seconds.

Is this likely an actual issue with one of the systems indicated, or more likely an issue with the instrument panel warning system?

It does this even in Park, not moving. No difference if it is in 2WD or 4WD at the time.

Derek Powers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had this very same issue. Turned out to be the parking assist module. I would have never guessed that but when the dealer diagnosed it, that was the culprit .

OP
OP
E

eroemer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Thanks! Will check that out.

Was your issue intermittent? The lights have not been coming on at all now the last few of times I’ve driven it. Issue started suddenly near the end if a long (10 hr) trip. Now it seems to have stopped.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How is your battery, terminals and ground connection ?
Funky things happen if any of the above are not in perfect shape. Also, have you checked for codes ?

OP
OP
E

eroemer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Would it show a code if Check Engine light isn’t one of the lights lighting up?

OP
OP
E

eroemer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Turns out it is the ABS speed sensor on the left rear wheel. Bought a new sensor at auto parts store, but now I have a new problem—the plastic shaft of the old sensor is broken off in the wheel.

Any ideas on how to remove the broken section?