Is it a Rebel or Sport? Help needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
It is a VIN discrepancy.

They had no VIN number for a sport trim they had just invented.

The sport has nothing to do with rebel.

But I am okay with whatever one wants to call it.

A Laramie Sport appearance package with offroad group is close to a Rebel.

Sport gets none of the rebel standard equipment.

The sport package was original only offered on a Laramie.

But ...go with the Rebel. No one will buy it as a Rebel...but lots will appreciate it as a sport.

No one is wrong everyone is right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Keyonthagod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, to address the ventilated seats. Rebels in the US do not have ventilated seats. However, ventilated seats are an option for Rebels purchased in Canada.

OP
OP
K

Keyonthagod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lets see, Sarah is a dealer for said Manufacturer in the country this truck is sold out of. However, if you call Corporate, they tell you the same thing, because they have no knowledge of a Truck produced in their country (only). The intent here was for discovery. I purchased this truck with the belief that I was purchasing a Ram Sport. I had no knowledge that this model was not offered in the US. It was after the purchase as I was getting my truck registered etc. that I noticed the mention of Rebel. I didn't even read the Original Window Sticker.

You said it was an optioned Big Horn. But the Base Price on my truck is north of 60K. With the options, MSRP was North of 80K. Haven't seen a Big Horn Yet with a Base Price beyond the low 40's. Pricewise is much closer to a Laramie or you guessed it, R-E-B-E-L. The specific mention of Rebel on the sticker was an indicator of what exactly? Did Chrysler simply misprint the documentation for two consecutive years. It is on all 2019 & 2020 models. Maybe the Manufacturer made an error. I realized early that my research would have to go beyond internet sites. I didn't get my information from a google search. You and I can agree that this is a Sport and I am fine with those results. At the end of the day, I appreciate the help and insight. We all can carry our separate opinions. However, I will follow the Manufacturer's Maintenance Schedule, Oil Specification, Tire Specification, and etc. That last time I listened to a third-party's second opinion over the Manufacturer, my engine threw a rod.

Attachments

• Ram 3.PNG
    Ram 3.PNG
    47.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Ram 1.PNG
    Ram 1.PNG
    320.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Ram2.PNG
    Ram2.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I agree one hundred percent with you.

My Guess is the sticker price is also Canadian.

Sorry if my explanation came across wrong.

Dealers are notoriously wrong...maybe you got in contact with a decent one.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, Canadian dollars not American dollars. That's why it is so expensive, though it is well optioned out.
Also, that's why it is a Sport/Rebel.

If you look on the right side, it lists the excise tax (which doesn't exist in the states) and also Ontario tire tax.

OP
OP
K

Keyonthagod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just added another conversation from another dealer. 2021 is the first year the Sport was packaged separately. During our phone call he mentioned that their is a clear distinction with the Sport and the Rebel, but stated that the Sport is unique. He doesn't have much more to offer than what is shared here. Our conversation was brief. I have really enjoyed this hunt. One thing that seems absolute, it that Chrysler isn't brightest company. Does anybody find it odd that the Ram Sport 6'4 Cab is not packaged alongside the Rebel and has a separate VIN sequence. Only the 5'7 models are. Just food for thought. I believe there is more to this. Someone has the answers and can provide the rationale. As far as the Canadians dollars go you are correct. The American dollar carriers 20% more value. A truck with a base price of 61K would come out to be just about 49K. A big Horn 4X4 is 40,900, Laramie is 45,600, Rebel is 49,600. Those numbers are average based on current 2021 models.

Attachments

• A7AB5307-5296-4943-A39A-30B4DA996624.png
    A7AB5307-5296-4943-A39A-30B4DA996624.png
    322.3 KB · Views: 15
  • E38B7515-AE33-417A-A557-CCE9D2242434.jpeg
    E38B7515-AE33-417A-A557-CCE9D2242434.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 15
  • B45503DB-2B9C-446F-83E8-68D2C5BCCCEF.jpeg
    B45503DB-2B9C-446F-83E8-68D2C5BCCCEF.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you are living in the US and are planning on buying this truck, just be aware that any issues you might have with this CDM truck will not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty (if it hasn't expired) unless you take it to a Canadian dealership. US dealers will not honor the warranty on a Canadian truck. Many people have found that out the hard way. You should be fine if you purchase an extended warranty, but it may depend on the provider.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get the argument that they are labeling it as a rebel, but if I see a bag of apples labeled as oranges, I wouldn't think the bag was filled with oranges. That's a sport in every way but the label on certain documents. Weird that they did that, but it makes for good conversation.

So I guess enjoy your bag of oranges?

OP
OP
K

Keyonthagod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is correct. Chrysler will not honor the warranty outside of the country the vehicle was sold in, unless the vehicle is still registered in Canada. So I lost that benefit. They won't even allow you to purchase an extended warranty though them. As far as the bag of oranges go, that seems about accurate. But what if you I told you under that orange peel, were apple seeds.lol Just Having Fun!

OP
OP
K

Keyonthagod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have more information that was provided by one of the Service Managers at the last dealership mentioned. All I can say, is when there is smoke...There is a fire. Simply put. Ram Rebels come with the Standard 25W Package. 2019 & 2020 Ram Sport 1500's are Rebel Trucks with the 25W Package Delete (This is unique to Canada) They are optioned out with a 25L Package. Which reduces the trucks overall cost by a a couple of thousand. This doesn't change much, but it does provide an explanation. Screenshot are attached. It is what it is.

Attachments

• D47F6E13-E3F9-4534-8021-E4E060659D6A.png
    D47F6E13-E3F9-4534-8021-E4E060659D6A.png
    332 KB · Views: 12
  • 1C3319E8-9574-4C74-BA45-9F9F93A99CE6.png
    1C3319E8-9574-4C74-BA45-9F9F93A99CE6.png
    285.7 KB · Views: 12

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have more information that was provided by one of the Service Managers at the last dealership mentioned. All I can say, is when there is smoke...There is a fire. Simply put. Ram Rebels come with the Standard 25W Package. 2019 & 2020 Ram Sport 1500's are Rebel Trucks with the 25W Package Delete (This is unique to Canada) They are optioned out with a 25L Package. Which reduces the trucks overall cost by a a couple of thousand. This doesn't change much, but it does provide an explanation. Screenshot are attached. It is what it is.
And it isn't what it isn't :cheers:

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's not a Rebel. It does not have the Bilstein shocks or skid plates. Doesn't the Rebel also come standard with an e-locker? And as mentioned it has ventilated seats, which are not available in a Rebel. Add to that the fact that it doesn't have the Rebel grille tells me it's not a Rebel.
My '21 Warlock doesn't have any Warlock badging, not on the bedside or the hood stripe, no skid plates, and no off-road terrain package. It still is a Warlock.

Deciding what is available or not on a vehicle doesn't guarantee one thing or another in some cases. I tried "building" my truck exactly as it is optioned (trailer control, wheels, etc.) on FCA's site and it is not possible for me to get everything that is on my truck selected on the site as it actually is in reality. The only way to select the trailer brake controller from the site means also selecting at a minimum the $895 "trailer-tow group" option, but that has the different mirrors. I also have the class 4 hitch that comes on the "trailer and traction" group but not on the trailer-tow group, but I do not have the limited slip rear-end (I asked the dealer to check one time). I have the trailer hitch, and the trailer brake controller in the cab, but any tralier/tow option that I have comes with a different design mirror, according to the site. The truck does have one of the Warlock option codes on it on the original window sticker, 26W I think.

"Officially", the insurance lists it as a 2021 SLT/Warlock. By some people's logic, that means my truck is an SLT, not a Warlock. I have the "Rebel" moustache grill, does that mean my Warlock is actually a Rebel? Not at all. Lots of Ram trucks out there have that style, but it is predominantly on the Rebel.

Point is, judging by "this is only available on X" from the site does not exactly set in stone that yes or no, he (or she) has a Rebel.

Now, if it is in fact not a Rebel, and the dealer sold it as one, they need to be talked to about that. I believe it falls under "false advertising". Private citizens have been doing the "badge it as the expensive option" and trying to scam people that way, like in the '60s and '70s GTOs. They take a stock LeMans and put GTO badges on it, and suddenly you have a wildly sought after GTO. Doesn't mean it's a GTO, even though they started out as an option on the LeMans. Is that legal? Not for me to decide. Is it ethical? Hell no! But when a private citizen does it is not as bad as if a dealer is doing it.

With one caveat. There is such a thing as dealer installed options. So, if the dealer was the one that changed the stuff, then strictly speaking, it is "authorized", as long as it is an FCA dealer that did it.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Window sticker calls out "Front ventilated seats (not available with Rebel)" - so the question I have is - does your truck have ventilated seats? Based on your answer, I would say: Yes - Sport, No - Rebel. Although, I thought the Rebel got a full size spare and AT tires, neither of which I see. Let's just blame Canada...
Window stickers will also list, in the case of my '21 Warlock for example, that it has both 17" and 20" wheels. Oh, also has chromed and blacked out bumpers. People can also custom order stuff that may not be standard on regular setups.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My '21 Warlock doesn't have any Warlock badging, not on the bedside or the hood stripe, no skid plates, and no off-road terrain package. It still is a Warlock.
To be clear, stickers, skid plates, and off-road package were options on the Warlock. The items I listed are standard features on a Rebel.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@mikeru I get that, just saying that even though something might be available or not does not totally decide. People can order stuff special. IDK OPs situation here, if he bought it new from the dealer, or if this was used from a dealer or other used car lot.

If the picture he has is of the actual manufacturer provided window sticker from that specific truck, then that is the authority, despite what others may claim. If the mfg says it's a Rebel, then it's a Rebel.

Update:

This post above from Keyonthagod, pictures specifically, appear to show a reasoning for why it has some Rebel in it.

Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
@mikeru I get that, just saying that even though something might be available or not does not totally decide. People can order stuff special. IDK OPs situation here, if he bought it new from the dealer, or if this was used from a dealer or other used car lot.

If the picture he has is of the actual manufacturer provided window sticker from that specific truck, then that is the authority, despite what others may claim. If the mfg says it's a Rebel, then it's a Rebel.
To be honest I'm speaking about US models. I don't live in Canada, and anything I've learned about Canadian models has been learned in forums. Manufacturers have made one-off mistakes over the years. This appears to be one of those, unless other Sport/Rebel owners come out of the woodwork. All I'm saying is a buyer specifically looking for a Rebel (who knows anything about them) is going to laugh at the salesman who passes this off as a Rebel.