I've been called out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ok, this is HDR...

Not sure how I feel about it just yet.

163432_1709720215743_1020213290_1938094_5571988_n.jpg

Post 19 wow---you can tell the diff right away. I'll have to try that with my slr.

Look at my sig---I used hdr for it. I'll post up the original in a little while.

OP
OP
Laramie1997

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Ram/2013 Charger R/T Super Trak Pak
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
Post 19 wow---you can tell the diff right away. I'll have to try that with my slr.

Look at my sig---I used hdr for it. I'll post up the original in a little while.

What SLR do you have? I've got a D5000 and I've got my 'little' Nikon L110 (PAS) for portability. My SLR.. It's fun to play with.

As for that HDR... I didn't follow what they want you to do with them such as take the same photo three times with different exposures. All I did was open the picture three different times and edit the exposure to get it where I needed. Spurr of the moment type of deal and I didn't feel like breaking out the tripod in -6 weather. lol..

Still playing though.

EDIT: Dude, you might want to consider selling your services with that camera in your area. I can make bank around May offering senior pictures to kids who can't afford the $500+ setting fees. People in my area shell out insane amounts of cash to get their senior pictures done. I know when I graduated, the company here in town wanted $400 up front and by the time we got everything ironed out in terms of what we wanted done, it was going to be like $1500 and some change. EEK!. I charge $300 for the entire day plus the work I do at night such as touching them up and like I said, I make bank. lol

Last edited:

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
My digital SLR is an old one DS6041 Canon Rebel. I know I need to get a newer one. Trying to save up for this years wsop in june.

I also have a Vixia hfs100 which is great for video and pictures but I can't change the formate of the pictures the only thing that sucks.

Thats pretty damn good, I'll have to look into that.
-6 I guess I have nothing to complain about its 41 out here.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Heres a before-
66543.jpg

And heres the after-
6543.png

I should have played with it more.

OP
OP
Laramie1997

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
Yea, I'm going to have to play with the HDR options on it. There is two ways of doing it and I see potential.

Also, if you can USE that camera and use it well, then you don't need to upgrade. I can take pictures with a POS 7MP camera and make it look damn good, but I would rather have an awesome picture to start and then tweak it up a bit.

Good jobby job on that HDR of your ram by the way.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thanks Chris. I have actually taken some real nice pic's with it and my 300 mm lens.
When I go home tonight I'll look for some hummingbird pic's I took last year.

And the camera is 6 point something pixels.

Do you know anybody who wants to buy a roll film eos 3?

I really need to go through some of the cs5 tutorials so I can fully utilize the program to its full potential.

OP
OP
Laramie1997

Laramie1997

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 (318ci)/5.7 (345)
I do not man. It has been so long since I handled a film camera... I would probably be hard pressed to even load it right.

But honestly, you don't need a bitchen camera to take really good shots. While it certainly helps, it's not a requirement. I've done senior pictures for four different kids now and only the most recent one was done with an SLR. Everyone that sees the pictures claims they look just as good as a professional. While I don't see it, it doesn't really matter as long as they are happy. Even still, it's a good way to make extra cash on the side. I just agree to follow them around for a day taking the pictures they want: Studio, action shots, fashion shots whatever and when I'm done, I go home and pick out the best twenty pictures and touch them up. I'll then burn every single picture I took that day plus the ones I touch up to a DVD, slap a label on it and hand it over to them. (usually 400+ pictures) I have to label it because it has my release statement (Just saying anyone who wants can print these photos) on it. I have to include that because when I touch an image up like that, I sign it somewhere as you have seen in a lot of my work.

AND when I do touch up a picture, I'm not looking for drastic improvements. In fact, when you look at a picture and then look at me and ask what I did to it, then I feel accomplished.

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thank you for the info Chris. I'll post up some pic's in a while that I've taken with both camera's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Docbull