Jack kit connector rod missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Guys,

Am driving a 2014 dodge ram sport 1500.

I was just going through my jack kit and noticed the last connector rod (3rd piece) is missing. I only have 2 pieces. Where can i get the last piece of the connecting rod in Calgary? Any ideas?

OS

jack kit.jpg

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's everything, see the pic in the owners manual. It's three pieces including the hook end that goes onto the scissor jack.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Are you sure? i did youtube videos and they have a total of 3 pieces to be connected , so it wont scratch the bumper.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That's everything, see the pic in the owners manual. It's three pieces including the hook end that goes onto the scissor jack.

NOPE. Some people just think that because the end of the hook tool goes into the end of one of the square tube connectors for storage. Same way most people say their tire/wheel winch is broken or frozen because they assume you use the narrow end of the square tube connector to attach to the square on the winch when it's actually the big square end that goes into the winch*. OIW: O/P is correct, there is a square tube connector missing and it is needed. See pics, hopefully this helps out if the question of what's included or how it all packs back up ever arises. :D *Because the narrow end fits into the square flat of the hook tool so you can screw and unscrew the winch. ;)

Assembled for tire/wheel removal.
IMG_3530.jpeg

Factory kit in-full.
IMG_3535.jpeg

How everything stores in the tote bag.
IMG_3536.jpeg

How the hook tool attaches.
IMG_3532.jpeg

Properly stored and secured to the jack to be put back under the passenger seat.
IMG_3537.jpeg

Last edited:

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Make sure if you get a replacement piece you remove the silver button clip from inside the small end of the square tube connector. Only 2 of the 3 should have them, the third generally does not. Or else it sticks in the hook tool flat and is a PITA to remove.

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks ORT. Last night i tried to connect the first 2 pieces and try to lower my spare tire and it works fine. But since is short, is scratching the bumper which no one wants. Also i thought the third piece does not have the silver button clip (is not a connector) and thats how it comes and we dont need to remove that silver button clip.

I dont think i can find just the 3rd piece anywhere unless i go to a junkyard and they will ask me to buy the whole pack.

manxam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As you're in CowTown too, have you tried Pick-n-pull? Likely a Ram or 3 in there still with the jack kit in it. Also a pretty good chance that another brand of vehicle uses a similar setup (e.g. Silverado)

OP
OP
O

omnisap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Thanks Manxam. I called one of the pick and pull today and they did not have it. I wonder whether the kit from an older ram or chevy or f150 etc might fit ..not sure.
any idea?

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Darn, I was wrong and I even used my jack more than once ...
Looks like 52014440AA is the part for the rod extension but prices are all over the place on the net. You might as well get the Dorman 926-809 kit already mentioned above.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As you're in CowTown too, have you tried Pick-n-pull? Likely a Ram or 3 in there still with the jack kit in it. Also a pretty good chance that another brand of vehicle uses a similar setup (e.g. Silverado)

I had no luck with that for my 2001 truck. The guy actually had a good point: Most of them end up on the side of the road when somebody changes a tire and takes off in a hurry.

Also check Jeeps, the jacks are different but the extension looks the same.