Jeep Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Didn't do much to her today...changed the spark plugs and installed some cup holders. The chick I'm taking to the Dirty Turtle requested that it have cup holders and a radio...so I'm gonna do my best to make that happen.

Picked up a $6 plastic cup holder from Wal-Mart and screwed it in...works great. lol
WP_000252.jpg

Pics of carnage from last night...

Rear bumper folded up and in...I was plowing a little dirt while trying to get up the creak bank
WP_000250.jpg
WP_000245.jpg

You can see the front bumper was plowing as well
WP_000249.jpg

Got a little frisky with a tree again
WP_000246.jpg

And here is the front bumper and took the impact from my head on collision with the tree...this is 1/4" steel keep in mind.
WP_000247.jpg

You can see the fender bulging out a little
WP_000248.jpg

Next on the todo list...

Front tow points
Flip the rear hitch upside down
Driver's side rocker
Paint

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Oh...and I learned something last night as well lol In mud, don't stick your head out the window to look behind you. I was pulling Jason off the creak bank, slammed it in first and gunned it...face full of mud. Didn't feel good ha

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yea...gotta make her look good when im sporting Dave's business!

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Went to the store and got a bunch of **** for her. Clevis, weld on tow points, 4" wide tow straps, and some bolts and wings nuts to mount the hi-lift. Gonna pick up the paint on Friday.

He jeep boys...got a question for ya. I was told that if I took the upper control arm of the passenger side off...it would give me more flex with out screwing anything up. This true?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Can be done but I wouldnt do it
Especially with the way you said your control arms are
I'm guessing your not running a sway bar either

Your track bar and 3 control arms will keep the axle from really shifting left to right, instead of a 4 link +track bar its a cheap mans 3 link +track bar

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Well im a cheap man ha. These control arms are temp until I get time to build a set. And I wont take the control arm off till I order some longer steel braided brake lines from Dave...mine are almost tight at full flex as it is now lol

ArticRubi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
He jeep boys...got a question for ya. I was told that if I took the upper control arm of the passenger side off...it would give me more flex with out screwing anything up. This true?

Don't want to do that. I run a 3-link on mine (1 upper removed) but it is semi-triangulated. Your uppers are parallel to the frame so you'll have some lateral axle movement if you did it.

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Got a couple things done today.

Spring on the antenna...already shattered the whip a little, so I figured I needed it

WP_000254.jpg

Hi-Lift is secure(bolts and wing nuts)

WP_000253.jpg

And I need your guys opinion on this...this rear hitch is a *****. It hangs to low and its in my way. BUT it make a great tow point for the rear. What should I do about it? I was thinking about cutting it off as high as I can, then welding in a piece of 2x2 square tubing...that would give me a good point to wrap and strap around.

What do you think?

WP_000255.jpg

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i would see wlhy your idea wouldnt work.... i would just make sure that thing is strong as fukk

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Oh it will... I can weld, just not as good as my neighbor can with a stick. So I let him do my welding for me.

It should work, just figured I'd get some ideas

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
oh haha i dont doubt you on that its just that would suck if you just pulled that bar off when tugging lmao

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Get a hidden hitch and weld hoops to it threw the bumper .

Or a roll pan .. LOL

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Its basically a multi-purpose jack...you can use it as a come a lone, a jack, help lift one side of the vehicle up so the other sides tire can get more traction. Its a "just in case" thing lol

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Well got her some what painted...wasn't happy with how the black paint was working so I gotta get some more today...but the white is done. I'll have finished pics tomorrow next to my truck. Took 7 can of paint

WP_000256.jpg
WP_000257.jpg