Just now noticed I have NO AM reception

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Owned the truck for a year now... It's possible I have checked and did get AM but I don't now.

Where do most problems first occur?

This also could be "on me" when I pulled the radio to hook up my USB cable, it would be just like me to put it back in place to test and then close up without remembering to hook the antenna up again.

Or I have an exterior problem with rust or water damage or something

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could check the antenna connection, but rust or water damage really shouldn't have anything to do with AM reception. Unless of course your antenna rusted and fell out.... hahaha!!!!

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
Reverting back to standard time only seems like AM was taken away and only PM was left!

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do you have FM reception? If so it's likely Not the antenna as they both use the same one. Do you get any static on AM or is it completely quiet? If quiet it's most likely internal to the radio, maybe the AM tuner died?

OP
OP
joelmic

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have FM reception? If so it's likely Not the antenna as they both use the same one. Do you get any static on AM or is it completely quiet? If quiet it's most likely internal to the radio, maybe the AM tuner died?

I have FM, i do occasionally get FM static at times and places... and YES, AM is just static noise...
I'd hate to pull my radio again to take a look, thinking back I don't believe I disconnected anything, just plugged in the USB...
Where is and how do I see if connection is still good to the antenna itself???
Do I need to take that apart piece by piece from the outside?

OP
OP
joelmic

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I might check a couple of these connections first...

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Owned the truck for a year now... It's possible I have checked and did get AM but I don't now.

Where do most problems first occur?

This also could be "on me" when I pulled the radio to hook up my USB cable, it would be just like me to put it back in place to test and then close up without remembering to hook the antenna up again.

Or I have an exterior problem with rust or water damage or something

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares