Key Fob Pocket Holder b/c PITA Panic Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramrocker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I've set off my alarm a few times too many while working b/c the panic button gets pressed while in my pocket.
Got a Leatherman medium holster and stretched it a bit to fit the keyfob in.
Working for me, kept me from opening up the keyfob to disable the panic button.Keyfob Leatherman-1.jpg Keyfob Leatherman-2.jpg

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great idea and your absolutely right. Every time before when I would get on the ground to get underneath a vehicle it would go off like clockwork. Now those SOBs come out and go on the work bench. There’s nothing worse than getting the **** scared out of you when you least expect it. I would permanently disable that feature if I knew how.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Whats worse is I accidentally remote started my truck once. I wouldn't want that to happen when I'm working on it.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Whats worse is I accidentally remote started my truck once. I wouldn't want that to happen when I'm working on it.

Just in case you didn't know, if you open the hood then the remote start (assuming it's factory) won't activate. There's a switch in the latch. Doesn't help if you're just underneath it for something, but I seem to end up opening the hood anytime I'm under mine.

-K

jbrown5030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
In the history of mankind, has anybody ever actually needed the panic button on any vehicle? It's such a weird thing to have as standard equipment on almost everything now. The only time I've ever used mine was when I looked out my office window one day and saw my office mate on the phone walking down the sidewalk in front of my truck.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How about using the panic button (on my '02 Ranger) to get folks from leaning on the rig while they yakked in our old apartment parking lot? They definitely backed away and never did that again!

TXCOMT