led swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Got_Hemi44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want red then you are gonna have to take apart the entire cluster and remove the blue overlay that is all-ready there. As far as I know there is no color that shines through blue to make red. The overlay that is all-ready there is blue, and yellow light shines through it to make green. So the only way I think you can do red is by taking the whole thing out.

BTW- the bulbs are all the same, there is just fewer of them needed on the 06-up

Yeah I'm planning on taking it completely apart. Is the blue overlay a film or plastic of some sort? I'm wanting to convert all the lights to red, gauges, ac knobs, headlight knob, etc.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a clear blue plastic, what you should do is replace it with red roscolux and use red or white LEDs. But I bet that's gonna be a major pia. Let us know how it goes.

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
It's a clear blue plastic, what you should do is replace it with red roscolux and use red or white LEDs. But I bet that's gonna be a major pia. Let us know how it goes.

But the outcome would be :drool: !

Guinea Pig time :crazy:

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think truckin replaced all his gauges with something aftermarket you should ask him

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i should have enough to do 5 or six trucks guys. there should be a plenty. im waiting waiting for it to come in so i can be done. ryan the sheet i bought was 24x20 that should be plenty big enough it you were to try it. i dont think it would fare well over the gear selector light or overhead display though

Marx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L, 345 ci MDS
cant wait for this diy, i got to take my cluster out to fix the cracked cover and might as well throw these in

do you think the window switched can be done too?

Marx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L, 345 ci MDS
hey guys im still working on all of this. but dont by the roscolux night blue #74. i sould have a 20x24 sheet soon as they ship. i paid 11.something shipped so we can divey it up for some cheap shipping and handling. ill know how much it takes per vehicle when i get it.

here jay

Overhead console
Leds----Qty-3 B8.5D

HVAC
Leds----Qty-3 Neo04x

Dash/Cluster
Leds----Qty-11 B8.5D

just for info there are 11 on the 02-05 models and 5 on the 06+
if you have remote keyless entry the 11th blub is under the REF box on back of the cluster

Headlight switch
Leds---Qty-1 120 degree #74wled-w-x 0.60 this is white

SUPER BRIGHT LEDS - LED Lights & Accessories

you can do white or blue. i did blue and the pics do it no justice. it is ****** awesome at night. if you guys are doing this feel free to ask questions to me awedaniel or nim81. george has done this as well. im working on the write up but would like for it to be complete.

i can't find
Headlight switch
Leds---Qty-1 120 degree #74wled-w-x 0.60 this is white
could someone link me directly
thanks

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
yeah ill get on it tomorrow. i have been running crazy work for 7 days come home and i have side jobs

Marx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L, 345 ci MDS
thanks man i'll throw some pics up when i do mine, I went with blue :********: cant wait for them to get to my mail box lol

Last edited:

Marx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L, 345 ci MDS
just installed the blue ones tonight could not get the led bulbs to fit in the climet controls ant tips?

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNDAtMjAxMDA4MTItMjEzMi5qcGc.jpg

Marx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L, 345 ci MDS
wow marx that looks really good! So the blue LED's still light up the red needles? SWEET ACTIION!

i think the needles have there own light (soldered to the board), the blue does not light up the red on the fuel (E), oil (H) temp (H) and battery (L) but it doesn't bother me

what about the odometer and gear selector?

gonna get film for that

also i could not get the leds in the climate control i think it has a different base mine would not turm

Last edited:

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine took a good convincing to get in there but they worked

Marx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L, 345 ci MDS
ya i dont want to break anything, gonna look around at some bases and maybe even reuse the stock ones.
i've got sausage fingers, its hard for me to gauge my strength i'm used to working with big metal pipe!!!!

Just did some searching and it looks like i need NEO 5 (2 blue 1 white(for red section) for Climate control but its not verified yet just ordered them i'll let you guys know if they work)

Last edited: