led swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
hey guys im still working on all of this. but dont by the roscolux night blue #74. i sould have a 20x24 sheet soon as they ship. i paid 11.something shipped so we can divey it up for some cheap shipping and handling. ill know how much it takes per vehicle when i get it.

here jay

Overhead console
Leds----Qty-3 B8.5D

HVAC
Leds----Qty-3 Neo04x

Dash/Cluster
Leds----Qty-11 B8.5D

just for info there are 11 on the 02-05 models and 5 on the 06+
if you have remote keyless entry the 11th blub is under the REF box on back of the cluster

Headlight switch
Leds---Qty-1 120 degree #74wled-w-x 0.60 this is white

SUPER BRIGHT LEDS - LED Lights & Accessories

you can do white or blue. i did blue and the pics do it no justice. it is ****** awesome at night. if you guys are doing this feel free to ask questions to me awedaniel or nim81. george has done this as well. im working on the write up but would like for it to be complete.

Nice, let me know how it matches up with the Cluster Blue. If it's relatively close then count me in for buying a piece.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
jchula did a lot of research and found this to match the blue quiet well. ill find a pic of his set up

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
EDIT: Never mind, I just re-read the entire thread and found my answer...

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
Almost dark here, can't wait to snap the after picture :rockit: ! Didn't do a before because I'm pretty d*** sure anyone wanting to do this already knows what the stock lighting looks like :yucky:

Now I just gota wait for Okla to finish up with his night blue #74 film so I can snag some and finish off the "blue" project.

On a side note, had one hell of a time getting the dome lights bases off the stock festoon bulb and now they wont fit on the SBLED's replacement bulb. I'm about to go at the bases and try and stretch them out or use a dremel and very tediously shave the LED plastic housing down a bit so that the bases can make contact with the LEDs terminals. Any thoughts ?

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
Just a heads up, the pictures do it NO JUSTICE what so ever. That and I found a better setting on the camera after I took these so they could be better but still no justice. Just add a few shades of deeper blue (Could have edited them on PhotoBucket but didn't, will next time).

BlueLEDSwap001.jpg
BlueLEDSwap002.jpg
BlueLEDSwap003.jpg

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
Thanks, now if only I could fix my Dome light problem with the LED festoon not fitting in the stock bases so I can get that one over with.

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
nice pic kyle. they still dont look as good as in person

Last edited:

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
Now Okla find out how much of the night blue film you used, cut me some and lets get this moving in my direction asap !

Last edited:
OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
sorry i have had about 12 hours of sleep total this week. sorry guys as soon as the film comes in i will ship to those involved in this thread. 2 bucks? that seems to be pretty common for shipping and handling. i will pm you guys asap and edit my post. pm me you addresses and i will get it out as soon as i get it. i appreciate you guys being patient through this. i shouldnt have posted until i had all my ducks in a row. but this will be a good write up due to all the contributions from you guys

Last edited:

Got_Hemi44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to do this in red so bad. There has to be a way to do it without an overlay. Anyone know what bulbs are needed for 06-08?

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Im ordering some of the bulbs right now, there's two light in the head/fog switch. the soldered one is this one right? "Qty-1 120 degree #74wled-w-x 0.60 this is white" wjat the other one that's not soldered?

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
my understanding is that there is the bulb you mentioned, which has to be soldered and a smaller bulb for the fog light that also has to be soldered

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to do this in red so bad. There has to be a way to do it without an overlay. Anyone know what bulbs are needed for 06-08?

If you want red then you are gonna have to take apart the entire cluster and remove the blue overlay that is all-ready there. As far as I know there is no color that shines through blue to make red. The overlay that is all-ready there is blue, and yellow light shines through it to make green. So the only way I think you can do red is by taking the whole thing out.

BTW- the bulbs are all the same, there is just fewer of them needed on the 06-up

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
mike you got any of that film left...even tho i would rather red like got hemi ill def settle for the blue as my h/u is blue too...

OP
OP
OklaHemi

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i will have still waiting on shipping. raiderjay6 did red but he replaced his overlay. i guess you pick up a spare one from a junkyard and see. maybe some thinner to clean it up. i pland on removing the orange on the nnedles too.

SilentRamAD

Reaction score
Ram Year
08 QCSB 2wd
Engine
287 4.7L
Okla let me know how the removing of the Orange on the needles pans out and how you went about it, through my process of installing the bulbs I took the cluster and even climate control assemblies fully apart because I like to take things apart for kicks. And got to thinking about possible color changes for the needles. Would be nice to have white or even blue needles haha.

Looks like I'll need to change out the headlight/fog light soldered bulbs as well now, just too awkward seeing the stock color to the left while everything else is blue already.