level kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEVON HANDY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to level my front end with my rear on my 19 classic but i dont want to change the control arms or stress out the ball joints. what is a good level kit and height to do this?

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I want to level my front end with my rear on my 19 classic but i dont want to change the control arms or stress out the ball joints. what is a good level kit and height to do this?

I've been thinking about this also. Are you wanting the truck level or with some front rake? I'm looking to keep some front rake for when I've got a load in the bed. Are you planning to change the rear shocks at the same time?

OP
OP
D

DEVON HANDY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been thinking about this also. Are you wanting the truck level or with some front rake? I'm looking to keep some front rake for when I've got a load in the bed. Are you planning to change the rear shocks at the same time?

no i don't want to change anything in the rear.

JamesQ324

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is your rake sitting at now? Mine is at 4.5" rake front to back. If you go anything at or above a 3" level spacer or strut level you're going to need to change the UCA's. If you leave the stock UCA's in you'll have too much stress on the ball joints.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is your rake sitting at now? Mine is at 4.5" rake front to back. If you go anything at or above a 3" level spacer or strut level you're going to need to change the UCA's. If you leave the stock UCA's in you'll have too much stress on the ball joints.

4.5” of rake?!!?!? Holy moly.

JamesQ324

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
4.5” of rake?!!?!? Holy moly.
Yea its pretty bad. I'm hoping the 2.5" strut spacers I have bring it up enough to where I don't look like a plow anymore. Unfortunately because of the weather and lack of garage space, I can't put them on yet. Hopefully we'll get a break in the weather soon and I can get them installed.

Slatecreek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a stock 16 2wd and would like to level the front with the rear. What do I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesQ324

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a stock 16 2wd and would like to level the front with the rear. What do I need?

Check americantrucks.com and see if there's a leveling kit for 2wd.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What size?

2wd trucks are different than 4wd when it comes to lift or level. 4wd uses struts. 2wd uses coil springs and a shock.
Options:
You can replace the coils for longer ones for a 2-2.5” lift.
Use a coil spacer for up to 2.5” of lift. Cheapest way to lift but not the best.
Replace the spindles for about 4” of lift. Spindles are pricey depending on who makes them. But you keep the stock ride by using them and they do not put on added stress to your steering. Also with spindles you can get more lift by using them with longer coils or a spacer.

If I had a 2wd I would absolutely go with spindle lift.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye