Leveling help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

golfinds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Thanks in advance for the responses. I have 2016 stock 1500 4x4. I want to level the front end, and from what I can tell on this forum, the recommended path is Balstein vs spacers. Ride quality is key for me as this is my daily city/hwy ride. No offroad

1. do I need to do all 4 corners?
2. what is the reference to spacers in the rear for?
3. should I do the upper control arms, while in here
4. most importantly, if I level the truck, will the rear of the cab be raised? I ask because, I have 80" available to get in my garage which prob leaves and inch or 2 before I hit that dumb shark fin antenna. Im not opposed to changing the antenna to something lower if anyone has recommendations. I do plan to add 20x10 moto metals on 33' tires, but I understand these are the same as the cheap stock wrangler tires the dealer put on.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Bilstein is the cheapest way with your stipulations.
I would reach out to @Nick@GotExhaust and explore doing an icon set up that has upper control arms and a far superior ride quality. Or Fox coilovers.

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Bilstein rears will give you an inch.
I have my front at 2.8 with all 4 bilsteins.
Completely leveled and same height all the way around.
Ride quality is great over stock.
I put 65K on my first set and just bought my 2nd set for install.

I am running stock UCAs w/no problems.
My truck is a pavement princess tho.

I have no experience with any other shocks or spacers

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
^ Negative rear shocks will not increase ride height. That is incorrect. They are capable of an extra inch of travel by the way they are marketed. Most shocks leave room for extra travel so there is nothing special

OP
OP
G

golfinds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
In case the info is needed - Rear measurement currently is 39.125 ground thru center cap to top of wheelwell/fender and front 36.125. again, the key here is the upward height adjustment in the rear of cab. I only have 80" clearance to fit in the garage

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
In case the info is needed - Rear measurement currently is 39.125 ground thru center cap to top of wheelwell/fender and front 36.125. again, the key here is the upward height adjustment in the rear of cab. I only have 80" clearance to fit in the garage

What is your roof height now?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Reach out to Nick he will hook you up with a forum discount.
Look into the Bilstein 6112’s or the icon suspension system or similar
Much better ride unless you’re just looking to get height which he’ll hook you up with the basic Bilstein 5100. It’s always recommended to replace front and rear

Jbp19classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To check the height clearance, get your truck on level ground and measure to the top of the shark fin. Then place a jack under the front crossmember and jack it up two inches to simulate a 2 inch level lift, and remeasure the shark fin height. That’s the most accurate way I can think of to check the height change at the rear of the cab/fin before moving forward with the level kit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990