Leveling/Lift issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Kay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
New here and need some help. Have been a mechanic for over 30 years and I am baffled. Put a Supreme Suspension Lift/Level kit on my 06 1500. 3" front, 1.5 rear. Alignment was done and I still have a 3" rake. Supreme has no answers for me. How is this possible? I did put new reflex shocks on during install. Nothing is binding up. Anyone have this issue? I don't want to take blocks out of rear end as I want the bit of lift it gives the truck. I will eventually put Bilstein struts on the front, but just dumped a couple grand into truck don't want to ask mama for more money as I lied about how much I already spent. Any thoughts?
Thanks

20190621_100255.jpg

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They actually sent you 3" blocks for the rear. Have you measured them?

They sent you 2" spacers for the front struts. Have you measured them?

OP
OP
Mark Kay

Mark Kay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes, measured everything. The front spacers I believe were 2". The coil spring compression is supposed to make up for the extra inch.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
I think it looks good as is especially if you haul any decent payload. Add some 60lb tube sand bags in the rear if you want it to sit some more. Otherwise start milling the rear block until satisfied.

OP
OP
Mark Kay

Mark Kay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I don't really haul anything heavy. I would like the front to be level with the rear, I want that little bit of lift on her. I just can't figure out why it still has that much rake.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe your front coils are old and tired. The might have just compressed under the extra load.

OP
OP
Mark Kay

Mark Kay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thats a good point. I will check them out. Thanks