Lifter cam swap PARTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi guys. A bit late, just got back from Saskatoon, turkey and pie
I had a tire light on , son in law said I should be able to switch to psi , he did on his ‘12 Ram, and did a stint at Cal tire
I have not checked it out yet
I still think in Imperial
I do know - 30 is damn cold and +30 is too hot 22 is just right

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys. A bit late, just got back from Saskatoon, turkey and pie
I had a tire light on , son in law said I should be able to switch to psi , he did on his ‘12 Ram, and did a stint at Cal tire
I have not checked it out yet
I still think in Imperial
I do know - 30 is damn cold and +30 is too hot 22 is just right

Happy Thanksgiving and tryptophan coma day. :cool:

I've read about certain trim levels having the ability to display PSI for oil/fluid pressures and TPMS while the EVIC is set to Metric.

I've been unable to set that configuration on my '21 Warlock but hoping to find it somewhere in AlphaOBD.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Happy Thanksgiving and tryptophan coma day. :cool:

I've read about certain trim levels having the ability to display PSI for oil/fluid pressures and TPMS while the EVIC is set to Metric.

I've been unable to set that configuration on my '21 Warlock but hoping to find it somewhere in AlphaOBD.

I haven't played with the evics in a 5th Gen,but i can change my 14's Sports evic,and the evic on the wifes 19 Challenger between imperial/sae and metric in the radio. The only thing that i would of liked might have been to keep the outdoor temp in metric,but it wasn't a big deal to not have it in metric.My evics are always set on psi for oil /tire pressure and farenheight for engine/trans temps, and they're always displayed ,so i can monitor them in real time, i'm old school and use the actual speedometer for speed,i never use the evic for speed,lol.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't played with the evics in a 5th Gen,but i can change my 14's Sports evic,and the evic on the wifes 19 Challenger between imperial/sae and metric in the radio. The only thing that i would of liked might have been to keep the outdoor temp in metric,but it wasn't a big deal to not have it in metric.My evics are always set on psi for oil /tire pressure and farenheight for engine/trans temps, and they're always displayed ,so i can monitor them in real time, i'm old school and use the actual speedometer for speed,i never use the evic for speed,lol.

All those adjustments should be available to set how we want.

The additional code work to acquire those settings would be so simple for FCA and the fact that higher trim levels allow a mix of Imperial & Metric, just looks bad on the manufacturer, AFAIC.

Trying to move ahead, I hope to start exploring AlphaOBD soon, now that bug season is finally finished here.

Hopefully, I'll find a tweak to accomplish this feature. :cool:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
All those adjustments should be available to set how we want.

The additional code work to acquire those settings would be so simple for FCA and the fact that higher trim levels allow a mix of Imperial & Metric, just looks bad on the manufacturer, AFAIC.

Trying to move ahead, I hope to start exploring AlphaOBD soon, now that bug season is finally finished here.

Hopefully, I'll find a tweak to accomplish this feature. :cool:

Scroll through the radio,as i'm guessing in there somewhere you should be able to switch between metric and SAE. I just switched my buddies 2022 Super Stock and 2021 Red Eye over to SAE for him,so it should still be in the radio settings even on the 5th gens.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Scroll through the radio,as i'm guessing in there somewhere you should be able to switch between metric and SAE. I just switched my buddies 2022 Super Stock and 2021 Red Eye over to SAE for him,so it should still be in the radio settings even on the 5th gens.

I have no problem performing a global switch on the EVIC, to switch everything between Metric or Imperial but I only want Imperial for fluids & tire pressures.

I prefer Metric for most things unless I'm driving to North Florida.

BTW, mine is a 4th gen. :cool:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have no problem performing a global switch on the EVIC, to switch everything between Metric or Imperial but I only want Imperial for fluids & tire pressures.

I prefer Metric for most things unless I'm driving to North Florida.

BTW, mine is a 4th gen. :cool:

The "most things" things left would be outdoor or cabin temp /gas milege and your speedometer/odemeter,there's really nothing left where metric or SAE would apply or make a differance.If you have a 4th Gen it's easy enough to toggle between metric and imperial even while driving,if you really needed to toggle between the two.
Sounds like you're in my age catagory,so you grew up driving vehicles with mechanical speedometer dials,so using the speedometer in the dash cluster shouldn't be a big deal.That should bypass needing the digital speedometer set to KMH,so you really got me wondering what exactly you need set to metric on a constant basis :waytogo:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The "most things" things left would be outdoor or cabin temp /gas milege and your speedometer/odemeter,there's really nothing left where metric or SAE would apply or make a differance.If you have a 4th Gen it's easy enough to toggle between metric and imperial even while driving,if you really needed to toggle between the two.
Sounds like you're in my age catagory,so you grew up driving vehicles with mechanical speedometer dials,so using the speedometer in the dash cluster shouldn't be a big deal.That should bypass needing the digital speedometer set to KMH,so you really got me wondering what exactly you need set to metric on a constant basis :waytogo:

Yes, you are correct with all of your remarks except changing the system while driving. AFAIK, nanny will prevent that adjustment while moving. :cool:

I've been contemplating switching the EVIC to Imperial and as you have said, can function quite fine with everything.

I never use the digital speedo, so that part is irrelevant.

I'm used to the silly litres/100 km but often convert that in my head to mpg because it just makes more sense.

The one concern I do have is the cruise speed but I can adapt to that too.

I often visit Ottawa for supplies or while visiting with a friend and the city is littered with ******* speed control cameras, I know this from experience. And they are always threatening to add more.

There are certain areas that I choose to adhere precisely to the speed limit because I know where the cameras are located.

I've just recently been attempting to adjust my driving habits to not exceed the speed limits anywhere in Ottawa because it's too expensive not to.

Plus, the speed cameras don't cost points but eventually the insurance companies will tap into that resource to jack my rates and/or big brother will eventually come knocking.

I could always use the experience to practice math in my head more often, must keep the brain sharp or I might go insane.

Hmmm, 25, 31, 34, 43, & 50 mph. Those numbers look so tiny and slow. At least when you use Kph, the numbers look bigger and faster. :cool:

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yes, you are correct with all of your remarks except changing the system while driving. AFAIK, nanny will prevent that adjustment while moving. :cool:

I've been contemplating switching the EVIC to Imperial and as you have said, can function quite fine with everything.

I never use the digital speedo, so that part is irrelevant.

I'm used to the silly litres/100 km but often convert that in my head to mpg because it just makes more sense.

The one concern I do have is the cruise speed but I can adapt to that too.

I often visit Ottawa for supplies or while visiting with a friend and the city is littered with ******* speed control cameras, I know this from experience. And they are always threatening to add more.

There are certain areas that I choose to adhere precisely to the speed limit because I know where the cameras are located.

I've just recently been attempting to adjust my driving habits to not exceed the speed limits anywhere in Ottawa because it's too expensive not to.

Plus, the speed cameras don't cost points but eventually the insurance companies will tap into that resource to jack my rates and/or big brother will eventually come knocking.

I could always use the experience to practice math in my head more often, must keep the brain sharp or I might go insane.

Hmmm, 25, 31, 34, 43, & 50 mph. Those numbers look so tiny and slow. At least when you use Kph, the numbers look bigger and faster. :cool:

I think if you check ,you should be able to toggle between matric and SAE while the truck is moving. As far as i know it's only the nav you can't mess with while moving.
I've learned to look for the camera's,as they're prolific in both Calgary and Edmonton :rolleyes:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
My speed controller is either the nagger hiding in the dash, thought she is way out of date.
And then I have one sitting on the right. I try to stay as far from Ottawa as possible
Last ticket was passing 2 semi's, RCMP said I can't speed while passing, what the hell does he know?
I may do a strange thing and get the book out, I'm long retire so do strange stuff, and drive the wife nuts, gota keep busy.

A while back my cruse was in MPH and I change it to KM , I thought on the steering wheel buttons?

BTW coming home yesterday via #7 the mounties had the Alberta guys stacked up fairly good
I escaped:).

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think if you check ,you should be able to toggle between matric and SAE while the truck is moving. As far as i know it's only the nav you can't mess with while moving.
I've learned to look for the camera's,as they're prolific in both Calgary and Edmonton :rolleyes:

I know my Tundra definitely wouldn't allow that change unless stationary and I thought my Ram was the same after fiddling with the Uconnect while driving down country roads. :cool:

I'll try to check that this afternoon, I'm headed out soon to kayak at a friend's cottage.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I'll be xxxed.

Yes, I can adjust between Imperial & Metric while moving but not everything changes.

On the Uconnect;
Settings/Display/units/Imperial or Metric will change most items but not all.

So I selected Imperial which changed the Nav, odometer, mpg and temperature in & out and fluid and tire pressures to SAE units.

The digital speedo and cruise control setting both still display in Kph/Metric.

That's crazy but perfect for my use. I never use the digital speedo so, don't care but I prefer the cruise setting to remain kph.

Now I'm much happier with PSI for the TPMS and degrees F for the fluids.

I can live with the indoor/outdoor temperatures in degrees F but will search AlphaOBD to switch that back to degrees C.

And I'll look to see about changing the Nav back to Metric but won't lose any sleep if it stays in miles.

I'll also investigate switching the odometer back to km but can live with miles and switch back temporarily for service intervals.

I prefer mpg because it just makes more sense than litres/100 km.

Thanks for the discussion and encouragement, Rick.

I'm much happier with this new setup. :cool:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well I'll be xxxed.

Yes, I can adjust between Imperial & Metric while moving but not everything changes.

On the Uconnect;
Settings/Display/units/Imperial or Metric will change most items but not all.

So I selected Imperial which changed the Nav, odometer, mpg and temperature in & out and fluid and tire pressures to SAE units.

The digital speedo and cruise control setting both still display in Kph/Metric.

That's crazy but perfect for my use. I never use the digital speedo so, don't care but I prefer the cruise setting to remain kph.

Now I'm much happier with PSI for the TPMS and degrees F for the fluids.

I can live with the indoor/outdoor temperatures in degrees F but will search AlphaOBD to switch that back to degrees C.

And I'll look to see about changing the Nav back to Metric but won't lose any sleep if it stays in miles.

I'll also investigate switching the odometer back to km but can live with miles and switch back temporarily for service intervals.

I prefer mpg because it just makes more sense than litres/100 km.

Thanks for the discussion and encouragement, Rick.

I'm much happier with this new setup. :cool:

I get bored on long drives,so i'm always playing with things,like switching between metric and SAE,or playing with the nav to check altitudes etc. Sometimes my wife gets a bit perturbed with me on long drives :Big Laugh:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL

I can't wait to fix a bunch of the Uconnect stuff like viewing text messages while moving. :cool:

Many of the country roads I use have next to zero traffic.

SD2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow it seems to get a larger cam, and going with a full custom tune is awful spendy by the time it’s all added up. I need an actual nice Challenger or something to go through all that.

I’m going to go stock non MDS, I have yet to be able to contact MMX about the +30 cam and it’s claims. Via phone or email. Makes me worried to order from folks you can’t get ahold of.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow it seems to get a larger cam, and going with a full custom tune is awful spendy by the time it’s all added up. I need an actual nice Challenger or something to go through all that.

I’m going to go stock non MDS, I have yet to be able to contact MMX about the +30 cam and it’s claims. Via phone or email. Makes me worried to order from folks you can’t get ahold of.
Really? I chat back and forth with Byron all the time. MMX is real as it gets.
By the way if you go with big, hot cam you WILL need a converter or you will suffer from no low end power.
It will feel like your starting in 3rd gear

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Really? I chat back and forth with Byron all the time. MMX is real as it gets.
By the way if you go with big, hot cam you WILL need a converter or you will suffer from no low end power.
It will feel like your starting in 3rd gear
Think you've been got Craig,lol