Lightbar question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
843DDDE0-74E2-4A1D-8824-AA46D8A693FE.jpeg Ok guys, I recently installed a 42” lightbar on my Sport. Not sure of the brand as I bought it from a friend of my son but looks like a cheap eBay light. It is bright but I’m not happy with the lack of distance that the light throws.
I’ve been looking on the inter webs and keep seeing 5D and higher light bars which appear to be brighter.
Any good info from anybody on 5D and higher lights would be appreciated.
This is the light I installed.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look at how many lumens they put out and how many watts. Also some light bars are flood lights or spot lights and or flood/spot lights. If you want distance go with a spot light configuration. Lots of top name brands out there and a lot or cheap ones that work great.

OP
OP
Gregdad

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is a spot/flood combo but not sure of watts or lumens. All I know is it’s not throwing the light as far as I’d like it to. From what I’ve seen, the Auxbeam 5D is waaay better at projecting light.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out Diode Dynamics, they have some great stuff. I have their ss6 kit for Ram trucks, wide light. I really like the light throw, again I went wide not their driving (spot) kit. They also just came out with a 'flood' pattern.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d also look at Rough Country, they make quality light bars.