List of dealerships that don't have large markups and fees?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buzzuti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Mark Dodge in Lake Charles Louisiana.

You owe yourself at least to get a quote from them.

Summit1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Living in Phoenix, but looking for dealerships that aren't having crazy markups. It's not as bad as Ford with their +$20,000 "market adjustment" on the Bronco, but also not digging the $3000 "dealer taxes and options" I got when at the stealership today.

Looking for reputable options! Would rather give my cash to someone not using this time to exort anyone. Thanks!
First, avoid any dealership known to be a "stealership" as well as any others that real people have told you are dishonest.

There is likely no such "list" of honest dealerships, but there may likely be many suggestions in this thread of dealerships that do not add such additional markups/adjustments, etc.

I recall in the 1980's, when pricing a new Hionda Accord, the dealership added several thousand dollars to the sticker price. I asked the salesman if they wold also increase my trade-in's price by the same amount. When he replied they would not, I replied, "I guess I can't help you then," and promptly went elsewhere.

The dealership with whom I do business has never done that "adjustment" crap, although it is now under new ownership, so I cannot vouch for their policies... haven't been there since before the changeover.

Tom Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I purchased my 2022 Ram 3500 from Moreheart Murphy in Durango. The only dealer I could find that didn’t have a markup on the vehicle. The dealer owner refuses to rip off its customers.

mcarey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have looked at Mark Dodge a cpl. times. didnt have much selection those times. need to check them again. I have been on the lookout for 2500 laramie gasser for a while. the few that pop up around the DFW area are msrp or more and go fast.
Mark Dodge, and most of the dealers you'd see recommended on these forums, really only pertains to ordered trucks in most of these discussions. Their inventory pricing will be largely different from what you'd be paying on a truck you ordered through them.

In short you build what you want on the RAM Site, send them the build sheet it generates, and they'll get back to you with a price. And then you go, "hot damn, I should have ordered months ago!"

Cdp45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you tried Earnhardt Chrysler in Chandler? I found they had the best deals in AZ, NM, Colorado or California. I went on the internet to get pricing.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
......You can get 3 to 5% off invoice all day with a bit of effort. Paying anywhere even close to MSRP (sticker) is ridiculous, lol. I think my truck was like 14% off MSRP or something. Was a five figure savings.

You'll be hard pressed to beat Mark Dodge though, but you may find another player closer to you which of course will save you some travel cash. They'll all be ballpark similar in price though.

3-5% off of the "invoice" price in 2022?

I don't think that's happening in today's market unless it's a vehicle no one wants, which again is a rarity at this particular moment in time.

I think some make/models can be had today for a little under MSRP in my area, but you're not playing the invoice game with them. Nice thing about dealers in the upstate NY area is they don't tack on dealer fees like you hear of in other areas of the country. You might pay a ~$50 doc fee, then your typical DMV fees and tax.

mcarey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

I don't think that's happening in today's market unless it's a vehicle no one wants, which again is a rarity at this particular moment in time.

I think some make/models can be had today for a little under MSRP in my area, but you're not playing the invoice game with them. Nice thing about dealers in the upstate NY area is they don't tack on dealer fees like you hear of in other areas of the country. You might pay a ~$50 doc fee, then your typical DMV fees and tax.
Lol, it's absolutely happening today - though I'd lean a lot more towards the ~3% under invoice figure. And, it's only on ordered trucks nonetheless, so you can spec it exactly how you want.

Mark Dodge and Granger are two dealerships that I know are actively pricing that way. Chapman out of Arizona is supposed to be right around those figures as well, I believe the commonly used contact is a gal named Andrea. There are definitely a few others I have seen mentioned, too. A few of these guys, at least Andrea and Zach (Granger), are active on HDRams as well. Not sure if I've seen anyone on here posting, but I suppose it's possible. Gets confusing, lol.

Anyways, I put a guy on another forum in contact with the Ford side of Granger this week, and he signed for 3% under invoice just this morning. I believe he had a $180 doc fee, and then $45 for transport plates - and that was that.

Last edited:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Have to agree with @mcarey, definitely can get that from MD any day of the week without much effort.

Seeing it believing, this forum doesn't have as many customers of theirs but if you look over on 5th gen rams.com you'll see what seems to be a never ending stream of their satisfied customers, all receiving deals under invoice by usually at least 3%.

Myself included, from 1500 miles away and they'll be my first contact next time I'm looking to buy. Hopefully save a lot of time and hassle next time, I tried giving northeast dealers a chance this part February/March and that proved to be a colossal waste of time.

erik53

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just got my factory order 2022 RAM 3500 CC Big Horn from Bill Luke in Phoenix. Got a nice discount from MSRP. When I placed the order late last year, I talked to all the local dealers, and Bill Luke was the only one to even want to talk about prices below MSRP. But it was necessary to talk to the right department at Bill Luke: Ask to talk to their "TrueCar Team" (602) 336-1594.

mcarey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Have to agree with @mcarey, definitely can get that from MD any day of the week without much effort.

Seeing it believing, this forum doesn't have as many customers of theirs but if you look over on 5th gen rams.com you'll see what seems to be a never ending stream of their satisfied customers, all receiving deals under invoice by usually at least 3%.

Myself included, from 1500 miles away and they'll be my first contact next time I'm looking to buy. Hopefully save a lot of time and hassle next time, I tried giving northeast dealers a chance this part February/March and that proved to be a colossal waste of time.
Yep. Whenever these threads get created, I usually refer people over to HDRams and 5thGenRams forums for that exact reason. When I first joined HDRams it was similar to this forum. I put in a decent amount of effort into getting more traction towards these dealers there, and it seemingly worked to some degree. It'll catch on here, hopefully. ;) 5thGen is the best resource, IMO though. Or at least it was when I was buying.

I've mentioned these deals on the various Power Wagon facebook groups I'm in too, and was laughed at and basically told I was either lying or that I was an employee just trying to get people to contact the dealer, lol. I've given up there. Most of those users evidently just want to feel good about paying more than they have to, while blaming a whole slew of unrelated influences, it seems. Though I have gotten a few DMs from people saying things like "Thanks, they got back to me and you weren't kidding about the prices!"

But it is pretty wild overall. I went from entertaining the idea of getting a 75th AE PW for a few months with local dealers not willing to budge off MSRP on them, to learning about Bud Clary (who I don't think does this any longer) and ordering within a week. The ~10K in savings brought me well into my range of what I was willing to spend on a vehicle. And even with the one day of travel efforts, or had I opted to have the truck shipped, was more than worth it.

And it truly is the best car purchasing experience possible, IMO. No haggling, jumping through hoops, etc. Plain and simple.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep. Whenever these threads get created, I usually refer people over to HDRams and 5thGenRams forums for that exact reason. When I first joined HDRams it was similar to this forum. I put in a decent amount of effort into getting more traction towards these dealers there, and it seemingly worked to some degree. It'll catch on here, hopefully. ;) 5thGen is the best resource, IMO though. Or at least it was when I was buying.

I've mentioned these deals on the various Power Wagon facebook groups I'm in too, and was laughed at and basically told I was either lying or that I was an employee just trying to get people to contact the dealer, lol. I've given up there. Most of those users evidently just want to feel good about paying more than they have to, while blaming a whole slew of unrelated influences, it seems. Though I have gotten a few DMs from people saying things like "Thanks, they got back to me and you weren't kidding about the prices!"

But it is pretty wild overall. I went from entertaining the idea of getting a 75th AE PW for a few months with local dealers not willing to budge off MSRP on them, to learning about Bud Clary (who I don't think does this any longer) and ordering within a week. The ~10K in savings brought me well into my range of what I was willing to spend on a vehicle. And even with the one day of travel efforts, or had I opted to have the truck shipped, was more than worth it.

And it truly is the best car purchasing experience possible, IMO. No haggling, jumping through hoops, etc. Plain and simple.

Our experiences sound pretty similar! Completely agree on 5thgenrams being the best source of information regarding the 5th gens in general (since the 5th gen area on this forum gets so muddied up with people posting about other generations) and especially the best place for purchasing information.

And I get why some people may be cynical about the stories that are told about MD, they do sound pretty unbelievable when compared to the typical dealership experience we are all used to. I didn't believe it for a long time either and then my wife told me to stop being stupid and at least get a quote from them. Sometimes ya just need a kick in the right direction. My experience was as smooth and good as possible as well, from beginning to end (and I mean end, like DMV paperwork done and title received, they were awesome and on top of everything).

Bud Clary I can confirm is no longer making deals like this, the person there either left or was fired and the deals ended there.

mcarey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Bud Clary I can confirm is no longer making deals like this, the person there either left or was fired and the deals ended there.
That was Phillip. I picked my truck up in late-mid May, and he was there. Seemed like he took off to focus on his construction company not even a week or two later. Thought it was kind of weird. He was moving a ton of trucks through that place. Hopefully him leaving was under his own decisions. Sad to know they are no longer still running the same program under different people. They were a lot closer to me than the other options at the time.

blahargoue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Living in Phoenix, but looking for dealerships that aren't having crazy markups. It's not as bad as Ford with their +$20,000 "market adjustment" on the Bronco, but also not digging the $3000 "dealer taxes and options" I got when at the stealership today.

Looking for reputable options! Would rather give my cash to someone not using this time to exort anyone. Thanks!
It depends what truck you are looking for. HD trucks are in short supply and deals are nearly impossible to find.

However, 1500 series trucks are more plentiful. Check out Elk Grove Ram near Sacramento. His latest commercial yesterday advertised 40 Gen 5 Ram Big Horn Hemi crew cab trucks, both 4x4 and 2x4 models for $9k off of MSRP.

Now not everyone qualifies for all the rebates but even his basic discount is about $6k. This dealership is huge and runs these deals frequently.

I bought a 2017 EcoDiesel from them. They advertised 80 EcoDiesels at $23k off of MSRP. I thought, "Sure." But I bought a Laramie with level 2 tech package from them and sure enough, I got it for the advertised $23k discount. 2 friend also bought from them the next day for the same price.

I traded my Ecodiesel in 2020 for Gen 5 Hemi with a better tow rating. My trade in value was $1500 MORE than I paid got the truck and I had 67,000 miles on it. My local dealer came with a $1000 dollars of matching Elk Grove's advertised price for my current truck so I bought locally rather driving 3 hours to Elk Grove.

My point is this, deals for trucks that are in relatively good supply can be had if you are willing to travel.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That was Phillip. I picked my truck up in late-mid May, and he was there. Seemed like he took off to focus on his construction company not even a week or two later. Thought it was kind of weird. He was moving a ton of trucks through that place. Hopefully him leaving was under his own decisions. Sad to know they are no longer still running the same program under different people. They were a lot closer to me than the other options at the time.

Yep that's who I was thinking of, and your timing sounds very fortunate. I heard several stories on the other forum of people who ordered trucks through Phillip but their trucks didn't arrive prior to Phillip's departure and the pricing wasn't honored. Saw some that were honored as well, but would hate to be someone that waited and had their deal not honored.

mcarey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yep that's who I was thinking of, and your timing sounds very fortunate. I heard several stories on the other forum of people who ordered trucks through Phillip but their trucks didn't arrive prior to Phillip's departure and the pricing wasn't honored. Saw some that were honored as well, but would hate to be someone that waited and had their deal not honored.
I can't imagine that headache. Talk about a nightmare. Sounds like he was a bang up guy, but Bud Clary was pretty ****. Can't blame him, I guess.

Brianmp01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I think it’s hard to find a dealer selling less than msrp if people are willing to pay more than the sticker price, same thing with people paying more than a house apprised for.

DodgeDude1999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My coworker is good friends with the owner of a dealership. He used to get any vehicle at cost, the dealer owner had said these days he has to charge $3k above even for friends.

TC Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
I bought from Earnhardt in Gilbert last summer when all other stealerships wanted a premium over invoice. A premium of up to $5k. At that time they were giving their own discount so i got a Limited for $10k less than most other stealerships wanted for a Big Horn

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am in southwest Michigan and have purchased all of my autos from the same salesman at Harold Ziegler Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep in Plainwell for over 30 years.