Looking for Extended Warranty Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ob1Kenoobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Good evening,

I was curious if there was anyone on the forum from a dealership looking to do an OEM extended warranty order for a new vehicle. Thanks all!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Your dealership sells MOPAR Extended Warranties of varying years
their price is not all that bad
BUT
If you Price Shop, you can save $1,000 or more, on the exact same plan

1 company is called Ziegler

There are other companies that sell the Mopar extended warranty

You don't want to buy anything but a Mopar Plan
They have the largest coverage area

OP
OP
O

Ob1Kenoobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Wow, I went down the rabbit hole on this one, lol. Had no idea what Mopar even was and then found out that the parent company is based in Amsterdam. Good to know these things I guess. Thanks for the help and I did find a lot of online info!

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Good evening,

I was curious if there was anyone on the forum from a dealership looking to do an OEM extended warranty order for a new vehicle. Thanks all!
Ram currently offers 8 year 125K max care warranty for 1500/2500 for $3730 where the 8 year 100K is $2795 with $100 deductible

Last edited:

Gazoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi Gas 6.4L V8
Here is cost from Ziegler for my 2022 2500.

Attachments

• 5CBB608F-BB2E-4C79-8FB5-E55AA65C3BF7.jpeg
    5CBB608F-BB2E-4C79-8FB5-E55AA65C3BF7.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 29

plainsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Good a place to jump in here with a related question. I have a 2015 1500 with 88,000 miles. My 5 year extended warranty runs out on Nov. 24th this year (it was a 5 yr or 120K factory warranty). Should I ask dealer to check out the vehicle prior to expiration? I only had one warranty claim on the air suspension and all else has been good. I asked one time and manager said yeah bring in before expiration. Any experiences on this?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Good a place to jump in here with a related question. I have a 2015 1500 with 88,000 miles. My 5 year extended warranty runs out on Nov. 24th this year (it was a 5 yr or 120K factory warranty). Should I ask dealer to check out the vehicle prior to expiration? I only had one warranty claim on the air suspension and all else has been good. I asked one time and manager said yeah bring in before expiration. Any experiences on this?
Definitely take it in. Make a laundry list of things you "hear" complain about. Even if everything checks out and nothign gets replaced, you know everything was checked out..
I do this on all my cars, before warranty expires.

have had transmissions replaced, A/C systems and few other things that I never knew were bad.

Even had failed lifter and ruined camshaft replace before I ran out of factory warranty that i thought was an exhaust tick.

Bottom line, you are not a professional mechanic so let them check it out, if you take it ina and list no issues, they will drive it for afew miles and call it good. List issues and they will really pay attention to how it shifts, runs out and whatever else you mention.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Good evening,

Contact Granger CDJR in Iowa. They have been selling the OEM Mopar plans for $50 over cost for a couple of months now. Saved me several hundred over the prices of the well known online places.

plainsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Definitely take it in. Make a laundry list of things you "hear" complain about. Even if everything checks out and nothign gets replaced, you know everything was checked out..
I do this on all my cars, before warranty expires.

have had transmissions replaced, A/C systems and few other things that I never knew were bad.

Even had failed lifter and ruined camshaft replace before I ran out of factory warranty that i thought was an exhaust tick.

Bottom line, you are not a professional mechanic so let them check it out, if you take it ina and list no issues, they will drive it for afew miles and call it good. List issues and they will really pay attention to how it shifts, runs out and whatever else you mention.
Thanks, will keep several more years. Wonder if I should get another short term extended warranty? Vehicle does not get heavy use. Got a notice from RAM for new warranty but of course could get one cheaper elsewhere.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I had not heard about a extended warranty after 7 years

Let us know about any warranty that is available to buy after 7 years

steveanson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500 Crew Cab
Engine
3.0L V-6 diesel
Here is cost from Ziegler for my 2022 2500.
Is this a nation wide plan that includes the majority of Ram dealerships? When I bought our 1500 from a small town Texas dealer, the only extended warranty they offered had to be serviced in their shop. As we travel, that wouldn’t work.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is this a nation wide plan that includes the majority of Ram dealerships? When I bought our 1500 from a small town Texas dealer, the only extended warranty they offered had to be serviced in their shop. As we travel, that wouldn’t work.
The Mopar warranties are honored at ALL Ram dealers, nationwide.