LOOKING FOR LED HEADLIGHTS AND FOG LIGHTS / WHAT BRAND?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Time to go with LED headlights and fog lights but with so many brands out there I have no idea what to choose. Whats the best brands to go with? Any help would be great.

IMG_2456.JPG

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have bought cheapos for $35 and no issues till they fail about a year later.

Next set will be morimoto 2 stroke.
All the YouTube videos have me convinced

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have bought cheapos for $35 and no issues till they fail about a year later.

Next set will be morimoto 2 stroke.
All the YouTube videos have me convinced

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I don't want them to fail so early. I hear good things about Morimoto.

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
They look good but kinda worried about the low price.

Hate to break it, but price won't dictate longevity. Morimoto's, OPT7, and other pricey LED's have been known to disappoint too. If you're really set on LED's, I would opt for a lesser expensive set and keep a second set handy. I've ran the gauntlet on these between 3 different RAM's and gone back to 65w Philips halogen. They provide more lumen than the factory 55w and you don't have to worry about fan's, ballasts, or resistors failing. Just my 2 cents

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Time to go with LED headlights and fog lights but with so many brands out there I have no idea what to choose. Whats the best brands to go with? Any help would be great.

View attachment 161222
Check out bulbfacts. I might go with the nineo or techmax bulbs and just run the diode dynamics decoder. Heard it’s great for the tricky canbus system these rams have.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
How much did you end up paying for all?

I got them around Christmas, think I paid $300 total for highs and lows. Also ended up putting diode Dynamics switchbacks for blinker/running light. The 3 year warranty and when I contacted Jermey at Retroshop, this is what he recommended, but did not sell them.

I put these in my fogs, used them in a couple friends fogs also and they’ve been happy. It was a boosted Motorsports recommendation. Lol
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071GBJ9ZH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't say on the life of .....but been running Auxbeam LED T1 series it comes with decoder complete plug & play .....for about 6mo. & very happy w/them

rexdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I bought the Techmax that were recommended by BulbFacts and I am very pleased with the results. They wouldn't fit in the high beams though and I've been too forgetful to order something else.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WhiteNBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the Techmax that were recommended by BulbFacts and I am very pleased with the results. They wouldn't fit in the high beams though and I've been too forgetful to order something else.

If it’s possible can you post some pics of how well the bulbs light up? Also did you need an external decoder or were they just plug and play?

Todd M Hogan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have the lumen 9012 color changing Bluetooth app controlled ones for sale.. They were around $200 from carid

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Theres another option...its not LED,but if improved light output that is focused as oem is your goal its worth considering. Do the H11 to H9 mod. You go from 55W to 65W, but stay halogen. Upgrade consists of about 1 minute of notching plastic, dremel wheel works best. I did it and now I’m satisfied. Light output is increased and is as focused as before...but its not LED. $15 investment on 2 H9 Phillips bulbs.

rexdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If it’s possible can you post some pics of how well the bulbs light up? Also did you need an external decoder or were they just plug and play?
I'll try to remember to get some pics in the morning. I used AlphaOBD to tell the truck Im using LED lights and then they were plug and play. No resistors or anti flicker harnesses needed.

Jeff Courtney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I got the supernova v4 low beam and supernova v4 perfect fit hi beams and am happy. Gonna fo the fogs asap.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I’m gonna do the h11/h-9 conversation but I want as many lumen or lux as possible
I also want to get high beams also but can’t remember the conversation bulb needed.
Leds are a thought too but to many possible issues there that I don’t want to deal with.

Damn that Canbus ******** always getting in the way of doing the cool ****.
I need ideas because I’m so far out in the boondocks and it bumper deer season just ain’t fun.

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon