Looking for sub box advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subzeroram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im curious if anyone else has done this. Im looking into removing the "wall" that creates the storage that is under the back seat. Doing this i will be able to build a way larger subwoofer box and put bigger subs in it. It just looks like a thin metal wall. Im assuming it just has some small welds every foot or so? I havent actually pulled up the carpet yet to look into it ive only seen some pics online. Anybody ever seen or done anything like this? Attached is a pic of what it looks like.

Attachments

• Ram_back_wall_amp_rack_01.jpg
    Ram_back_wall_amp_rack_01.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 26

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FoxBox have been around forever. I have 12" Apline Type Rs under my back seat

OP
OP
S

subzeroram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yea i currently have a foxbox with 2 sundown sa12v2s. Love it but i wanna go louder, and just looking at options before i port through the bed

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
For the OP in the thread start.... My $0.02 is to suggest that you make sure you seal up the vents behind the carpeted area that vent to the outside from the cabin. That is a weak water leak point in our trucks, and with the bass you're going to be pushing, better to seal them now and avoid future problems with possible water ingress.

Me personally, I'd use a good quality urethane product like DOW (same stuff that is used on new windshield installations) as it's pliable and a quality longevity product too. With what you're planning on doing, urethane makes sense, to me anyways.

I run a single 10" Audiomobile Evo sub in a sealed box that is sutffed @ 2ohm and it sounds great. I've had it for about six months now. But I'm now thinking I want more bass as it's just not enough for me now.

I love the sound, and I love the fact I still have one side for storage as I need it for my career. I just don't know what I should do right now as I don't want to lose the one side for storage, but I want deeper and harder hitting bass.