Low pitched driveline noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucky8926

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’ve got some sort of low pitched howl or whine. It’s intermittent which makes me think it’s driveline related and I only notice it at lower speeds. It is very sporadic and doesn’t happen all the time. I’ve attached a video so you can hear it.

Driveline noise clip

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lucky8926

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just an update. It seems to only do it after I’ve been driving at highway speeds, but still only hear it at low speeds. So if I’ve been on the highway then come into town I’ll hear it when stopping at or taking off from stop signs or if I’m going slow in a parking lot.
also, about a year ago every once in while I would notice when I was going to work there’s a small incline and then a stop sign and then I would turn left it felt like the rear end was binding or grabbing just a little bit. It was very intermittent so I didn’t really think much about it.

Davidloveshishemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
I will tell you what a service advisor told me. Just drive the truck, I focus on the little noises and this guy said all vehicles make noise, enjoy the truck.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
possibly a u-joint or the mid-shaft bearing on it's way out.