Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ssam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I brought my truck in for warranty work and they suggested a front end rebuild. When I first received my truck a cv axle was broken during the rebuild. After they fixed that, I noticed the sway bar had not been re-tighten, broughtit back. Now fhe truck drives horribly and at 70 it pulls hard left. The lower control arms are two different materials and colors, bugs me. They told me its Mopar only updated one half, think they are lying to me cause their service guys can't do their job?

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
When you run into something like this, sometimes it's best to go to a reputable independent shop and explain your issue, then pay them to fix the problem properly. Take that bill and the bills you have from the dealership back to the dealership and let them know that you'd like a refund in the amount you had to pay to get the job done properly.

Consider this a lesson learned, dealerships are often (but not always) expensive and in a hurry. I have only used a dealership for one repair in the last five or so years, and the vehicle had to go back for corrections on the work performed.

Snake15eyes1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Or just do it yourself. So you know it got done right. Lower control arms are not hard at all to replace. You could of reused your old ones( as long as they where not bent) and put some polyurethane bushings in. Better then Mopar in my opinion. Last much longer to. Next time, if there is a next time. I'd go that route.

grpht03ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you see any part numbers stamped? My only concern would be that they are both genuine OEM parts. I see a Chrysler logo on the lighter gray one.

Vehicle manufacturers often get parts from multiple manufacturers, or they change manufacturers. Dodge nor Chrysler are in the business of making control arms.
Different colors could be due to different manufacturers.

You say it pulls? Did you or the dealer do an alignment? If not get one.

Also, find a new a dealer, preferably a local shop with a good reputation.

OP
OP
S

Ssam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
One is 68298346AB and the other 553466439AG. They charged me 89 for the alignment, highly doubtful they did it because I change lanes when the wheel is straight. They set me up an appointment two weeks out and I'm nervous the damage it is going to cause on my tires and rims. I just thought the dealership could do a better job than myself on my driveway with firewater. Lol. I do have a local guy I trust with my daily but I just had it in there for warranty work so I figured let them do it.

grpht03ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
According to moparpartsgiant.com

68298346 replaced 55366438

There is no new part supersession for 55366439

EDIT: did you ask for a printout of the alignment results? I always try to ask for one. Sometimes I forget