Magnaflow, 14" vs 18"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Sport models have the factory dual exhaust, so he would need the single in/dual out. The one you listed is correct for the trucks with the factory single exhaust though.

Hammer75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got my Magnaflow 14" put on yesterday. It is just right for me. No drone unless I hit about 80 mph. Not too loud that it wakes up my neighbors or anything like that, but you can definitely tell there is something there. I also got really good throttle response out of mine, I had Flowmaster Super 40's on it before and it robbed me of airflow so I made the switch. Definitely do not regret that decision!

Now just need a tuner and Throttle body.

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport models have the factory dual exhaust, so he would need the single in/dual out. The one you listed is correct for the trucks with the factory single exhaust though.

Right, I misread and didn't see that he said sport

Sent from my Nexus 4

bmoney082

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked up yesterday installed tomorrow ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370645446.512319.jpg

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got my Magnaflow 14" put on yesterday. It is just right for me. No drone unless I hit about 80 mph. Not too loud that it wakes up my neighbors or anything like that, but you can definitely tell there is something there. I also got really good throttle response out of mine, I had Flowmaster Super 40's on it before and it robbed me of airflow so I made the switch. Definitely do not regret that decision!

Now just need a tuner and Throttle body.

Same here, when I was deciding which one to get people were talking about the 14" like it would make my truck sound like a Funny Car. I was surprised at how quiet it is, it sounds great when you get on it, but it's very quiet just cruising around. Keep mind, my daily driver for four years was a lowered '67 C10 with a 454 my dad and I built w/3" 40 series Flowmasters.

shawnb1043

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here, when I was deciding which one to get people were talking about the 14" like it would make my truck sound like a Funny Car. I was surprised at how quiet it is, it sounds great when you get on it, but it's very quiet just cruising around. Keep mind, my daily driver for four years was a lowered '67 C10 with a 454 my dad and I built w/3" 40 series Flowmasters.

Jesus, you could have freaking bought a brand new car with the gas you spent each year.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I was also surprised at how quiet the truck was even with the 14".

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jesus, you could have freaking bought a brand new car with the gas you spent each year.

Lol, it wasn't too bad, plus it was the late 90's early 00's when gas was a lot cheaper and I didn't have a mortgage. Still have the truck at my Dad's house. Plan on doing a frame off restore in the future. Still runs and drives great, just not inspected. Planning on pulling the 454 out and doing a turbo LSX motor.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Lol, it wasn't too bad, plus it was the late 90's early 00's when gas was a lot cheaper and I didn't have a mortgage. Still have the truck at my Dad's house. Plan on doing a frame off restore in the future. Still runs and drives great, just not inspected. Planning on pulling the 454 out and doing a turbo LSX motor.

My first car was a 73' Charger and I was a sophomore in H.S., gas price was around $1 per gallon but even using my lunch money I couldn't afford it :suicide:

edit: bought the car 02' if I remember correctly.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Listen to this one with the 24", it's what made my mind up that I wanted a 24" over the other two. Like I stated above, I have my G8 for loud and fast. I just want to hear a bit of V8 without being THAT guy. lol I will say, I installed a 14 on a members truck with him and IMO it's not that loud and I HATE loud exhaust.

2010 Dodge Ram snow drift mufflex 24 - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=YsJKgt-Z_Zw
CHEWY, I'm thinking you're right, 24 sounds awesome compared to stock, but will still be a reduction in obstruction and not so obnoxious the little old church ladies will be calling the cops. :cheers:

shawnb1043

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea my first car was a ford taurus :doh2:. gas was 1.15 and i had to pay my own. Then i got a better job and graduated to a twin turbo Rx7. Best car ever.

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My first car was a 73' Charger and I was a sophomore in H.S., gas price was around $1 per gallon but even using my lunch money I couldn't afford it :suicide:

edit: bought the car 02' if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I miss the days when the gallon meter would go up faster than the dollar meter. Love those old Chargers! I always had bowties, 67 pickup, 70 Nova, 88 Camaro. Only one we still have is the 67, my great grandfather bought it brand new in 1967, and it's been in the family since. My Dad and I hot rodded it a bit though. It started life as a straight six with a three on the tree.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, I miss the days when the gallon meter would go up faster than the dollar meter. Love those old Chargers! I always had bowties, 67 pickup, 70 Nova, 88 Camaro. Only one we still have is the 67, my great grandfather bought it brand new in 1967, and it's been in the family since. My Dad and I hot rodded it a bit though. It started life as a straight six with a three on the tree.

I had big plans since the movie Fast & Furiou had just came out but watching that charger get up on 2 wheels gave me insight and hope!!!

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
18" sounds great

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bmoney082

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had the muffler installed today and I guess the rear piping was 2.25" in the back not 2.5" on the 2013 sports

jimdd810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
After installing my new dynomax vt on my truck I couldn't ask for any better sound when I want it and quiet when I don't its awesome!!!