Major Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paramedicrescue1056

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2005 Ram 5.7 liter 4x4 4 door. In October 2014 my wife was driving it and it died and would not start back. About an hour later it fired and was drove home and was parked in the driveway. She came back out to to start it later and it would not run. It will start and run for approx 5 seconds before it dies. Heavy fuel smell.*

It is throwing no codes and has been hooked to a computer and everything seems fine.*

I have replaced the crank sensor, cam sensor, throtle body with iac, checked the fuel pressure and replaced the ecm/pcm.*

I am stumped and have no idea.*

The fuel pump is less than a year old and seems to be working fine. I am running out of cash. Lol. Thanks.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe try and post this in engine and performance 3rd Gen or tech 3rd Gen . Good luck . The next time it won't Start beat on the fuel tank , I know you said the pump.seems fine , but if it starts you may want to take a look at the pump assy again . Of course this does not explain the fuel smell...

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like a ignition switch issue. Maybe the security system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Because of the gas smell I would check the vacuum lines connected to the manifold on the drivers just behind the TB. One vacuum line goes to the evap pump located on driver's side under the battery. It has two vacuum hoses attached. One going to the manifold and the other to the NVLD located in front of the gas tank. If the evap pump which is really just a vacuum switch. If it is leaking by it can suck fuel from the tank. To clear a flooded engine condition hold down the gas pedal and crank the engine to start. This tells the PCM to cut the fuel. Expect it to immediately fire up. Good luck..