Map & Dome Light on '15 Ram 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh Copeland

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This is an odd one that I cannot figure out. I have a 2015 Ram 3500 Tradesman. At night, when I unlock the truck or open any door the interior map and dome lights do not come on.

It does not matter which direction I spin the wheel that is placed on the left side of the steering wheel. However, if left towards the further right side, just before it clicks to "on", it will come on during the day.

To reiterate, both the maps and dome light will not come at night but will come during the day. At the moment the wheel that controls the interior gauge dimness levels has no control on the map and dome light.

Also to note, I can manually turn on the front map lights at any time day or night by physically pushing the map light. I cannot manually turn the dome light on or haven't yet figured out how.

So what in the world would cause these lights to only come on during certain times of the day?

I have referred to the owners manual and am having no luck.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Those lights are controlled by the body control module. Could be a wiring issue or BCM issue. Had it happen on my 02 Monte (bad BCM) so it happens.