Maxtrac Coil +2.5" & Bilsteins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i got my parts today. There are pros and cons to this package. 2WD 2.5" lift/level kit approximately $385 shipped.

As you all know or not lol. I was running a 3" spacer with stock length shocks prior to having issues. Ride was bumpy as hell and i would go over railroad tracks and the truck would be bouncing around like a low rider. I used shock extenders when i bought it and it was a big NoNo due to the coil bucket and UPper control arm contact. So after spending time and money i finally broke my shock and decided to so this upgrade.
The shock is +1" approximately over stock which created the the stupid bucket and UCA contact again. But i found a solution to this problem which seems to have worked. I put 1/2" plates on the bottum of where the lower area of the shock bolts on to extend the distance. I will be buying 2" bolts probably at homedepot and installing a plate of 3/4" to 1" thick to remove the UCA and bucket impact. It barely hits when i hit a hard bump. I don't feel like sending them back for a stock length onces. My truck is a single cab and i got about a 3" raise on the front end. If it was a quad cab i would have gotten 2.5" due to the vehiclrs weight.

Overall the installs is pretty easy. I had an extra hand to putting things back tigether was quick.

If it wasn't for the bucket and UCA impact (minimal) this package is perfect. The ride is super smooth again. I would say even better than stock. With the 33 mus terrains. I do not recomend anyone using spacers. Coils are the perfect! For a leveling kit. Anywho if you guys have quesions let me know. I'll post 2 pics. 1 is of the brocken oem shock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
OP
OP
BiroRamRT

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Broken shock

heres the shock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 72

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been running a 2.5" spacer on mine and I dig it. Sorry you've had so many issues. I guess we all go through different issues. I don't plan on messing with my suspension anymore other than upgrading shocks and adding rear spacer. If I ever took out my spacers then I'd definitely go with the maxtrac 7" front and 4.5" rear lift .

OP
OP
BiroRamRT

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been running a 2.5" spacer on mine and I dig it. Sorry you've had so many issues. I guess we all go through different issues. I don't plan on messing with my suspension anymore other than upgrading shocks and adding rear spacer. If I ever took out my spacers then I'd definitely go with the maxtrac 7" front and 4.5" rear lift .

Yea it gets pricy. In my opinion its a night and day difference with coils over spacers. For 2WD that is

Bep75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So am I looking at it right thr bilstein 5100 series shocks lift front in on their own???

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Bep75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Awesome, thanks

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Bep75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine