Missing right rear wheel well liner.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jws350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to the forum. This past Saturday I took delivery of a 19 Big Horn crew. I noticed the left rear wheel well has a liner and the right rear does not. The liners are not an option on the truck. Has anyone else had this on new Ram.

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My 2017 Big Horn has them on both sides. My guess is they forgot to install it on the assembly line. Bring it to the dealer, ask them to get one for you.

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Woman at work bought a new Dodge Aspen back in the late 70's. At the time, they were nearly identical to the Plymoth Volare, and made on the same line. Couple of days after she got it home, she notices there was an Aspen badge on one fender, and a Volare badge on the other side.

Stuff happens.

V.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2017 Big Horn has them on both sides. My guess is they forgot to install it on the assembly line. Bring it to the dealer, ask them to get one for you.

On the 5th gen they are actually *optional* which is crazy, if you ask me.

So how they only got 1 out of 2 of something that is optional is even crazier.

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I guess it's a classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing...

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Bought my 2014 new. Made the deal on the internet. Went to pick it up. Walked around it, checked over, under etc. Finalized the deal and drove it 100 miles home. A couple of days later I look and the SOB had 5.7 hemi badges on my 6.4 truck! Opened the hood and verified it was a 6.4 Checked the build sheet and sticker and they said 6.4 Dealer sent me the new badges and I installed them myselt.

OP
OP
jws350

jws350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So much for the tech performing a correct pre delivery inspection.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So much for the tech performing a correct pre delivery inspection.

Nah. No techs are trained in both left *and* right side inspections. If they knew both sides they would have to be paid more.

FCA saves money by training them on HALF of the vehicle, and in this case clearly the Left Side Certified Technician did not relay findings to the Right Side Certified Technician.

Once the lack of wheel well liner triggers a CEL, only then can the dealer attempt to think about resolving the issue.

OP
OP
jws350

jws350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The silver lining in this is that the salesperson followed up today. I told him my findings and sent him pictures. He looked at several equal trucks and verified that the truck is missing a wheel well liner. He is going to have one available Saturday when the state inspection is performed. Imagine a salesperson not dumping this onto service. So far a great experience.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The silver lining in this is that the salesperson followed up today. I told him my findings and sent him pictures. He looked at several equal trucks and verified that the truck is missing a wheel well liner. He is going to have one available Saturday when the state inspection is performed. Imagine a salesperson not dumping this onto service. So far a great experience.

Impressive.

I was worried they would make you pay for a whole new set, or they would take back the one you do have and say "sorry-not-sorry"