Mopar Cars & Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not many choices of sporty type 4 door cars with manual transmissions. I had a friend who had a '70 Plymouth Satellite 4 door with a 318 3 speed on the colum and I put the shifter on the floor for him! Lol
No and even BMW has gotten away from the manual... Ah the 3 on a tree. My grandpa used to drag race in the early 60s he claims he reversed the shifter on an 55 old crown Vic I believe and would down shift instead of up shift. Not sure how true this was, but he was our original hot rodder. He tells stories of kicking up enough dirt to out run the local small town cops! How was the the 318? I am assuming it was like the 327 and 289.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
No and even BMW has gotten away from the manual... Ah the 3 on a tree. My grandpa used to drag race in the early 60s he claims he reversed the shifter on an 55 old crown Vic I believe and would down shift instead of up shift. Not sure how true this was, but he was our original hot rodder. He tells stories of kicking up enough dirt to out run the local small town cops! How was the the 318? I am assuming it was like the 327 and 289.
The 318's I had either ran good or sucked, no in betweens. I had a '72 Duster with a 318 that I put a 4BBL and dual exhaust and many thought I had a big block in it! Most were just a "318"! Lol

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 318's I had either ran good or sucked, no in betweens. I had a '72 Duster with a 318 that I put a 4BBL and dual exhaust and many thought I had a big block in it! Most were just a "318"! Lol
Lol that’s the things I’ve heard as well. It’s like GM and Dodge thinking they needed a car to do road course in the 60s early 70s :party36: so the Z28 and T/A cars were born lol. I always heard no less then a 383 for straight line performance. Same across the board GM did have the 350 god bless their souls. 396 was there top of the line and then you had to get a nickey or a motion car to really get the power of mopar. Ford was on another planet back then. This cj motors were no joke. We wedged a 428 in my dads 77 step side and my gosh torque monster. I know the 429 was supposedly better, but if I were to want a 60s era mustang which I do like, it would be a GT500 69 grabber orange 4 spd. I can’t camaro 69 they just don’t appeal to me. I’ll gladly take a Nicky 67 camaro any color. Now with dodge dodge I love me some cuda. I love the hemi, but the 440 appeals to me just due to not wanting to have do all the maintenance on it.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I'm sure you know what the value of that car would be today, first year of the GTX and a Hemi car, Wow!
Oh yeah. He didn't want to sell it but had to at the time for financial reasons. He still regrets selling it. He talks about it sometimes. The people he sold it to hasn't done nothing with the car since they bought it. I ran into them at a car show in 2019. The woman told me her husband was driving it the day after they bought it opened it up and about wrecked it. She told him to put her car in the garage and it has sit every since then.

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Lol that’s the things I’ve heard as well. It’s like GM and Dodge thinking they needed a car to do road course in the 60s early 70s :party36: so the Z28 and T/A cars were born lol. I always heard no less then a 383 for straight line performance. Same across the board GM did have the 350 god bless their souls. 396 was there top of the line and then you had to get a nickey or a motion car to really get the power of mopar. Ford was on another planet back then. This cj motors were no joke. We wedged a 428 in my dads 77 step side and my gosh torque monster. I know the 429 was supposedly better, but if I were to want a 60s era mustang which I do like, it would be a GT500 69 grabber orange 4 spd. I can’t camaro 69 they just don’t appeal to me. I’ll gladly take a Nicky 67 camaro any color. Now with dodge dodge I love me some cuda. I love the hemi, but the 440 appeals to me just due to not wanting to have do all the maintenance on it.
The one engine you didn't mention was the "Baby Hemi", the 340. I've had some 340's I'd put up against a lot of the others mentioned!

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
View attachment 249984 View attachment 249983. So sad but this is the only picture I have left of my '70 GTX we got married and went on our honeymoon in. October 6-1979. We are still together today and happier than we ever was!
On my wedding day my wife and I and the whole wedding party was going to the place where we were going to eat, drink and dance after the wedding, It was about 20 miles away, I was in front and everyone else was following. We got to the small town we was going to and at a stop light my young brainless self decided I was going to do a burnout. I had bleach water in my windshield washer bottle and ran the tubes to the front of my rear tires (did that to most of my cars back then) so I could just push my washer fluid button and squirt the fluid in front of the tires and sat there and hot braked it and had the smoke rolling, when the light turned green I nailed it like an idiot, and when I went to let off my gas pedal was stuck to the floor. It took me a few seconds to get the key turned off and get pulled over and there I was with a tuxedo on under my hood trying to find the problem. The throttle spring had broke so I just stretched it and bent it to hook it back up. By the time I had shut my hood, here came most of the wedding party seeing what had happened and I just told them let's go and jumped back in and done another burnout going to our destination. Yes I was hard headed. Pretty sure my wife questioned what she had gotten into but we've been wide open ever since! LOL

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my wedding day my wife and I and the whole wedding party was going to the place where we were going to eat, drink and dance after the wedding, It was about 20 miles away, I was in front and everyone else was following. We got to the small town we was going to and at a stop light my young brainless self decided I was going to do a burnout. I had bleach water in my windshield washer bottle and ran the tubes to the front of my rear tires (did that to most of my cars back then) so I could just push my washer fluid button and squirt the fluid in front of the tires and sat there and hot braked it and had the smoke rolling, when the light turned green I nailed it like an idiot, and when I went to let off my gas pedal was stuck to the floor. It took me a few seconds to get the key turned off and get pulled over and there I was with a tuxedo on under my hood trying to find the problem. The throttle spring had broke so I just stretched it and bent it to hook it back up. By the time I had shut my hood, here came most of the wedding party seeing what had happened and I just told them let's go and jumped back in and done another burnout going to our destination. Yes I was hard headed. Pretty sure my wife questioned what she had gotten into but we've been wide open ever since! LOL
That is a really cool story!

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
To tell you how busy I was on our wedding day this is what happened before the above story, the same day. The '70 GTX we was in was put on the road that day. I bought it about a month earlier and was fixing it up. Earlier that day I went after our wedding cake and was on my way back when the brackets on my radiator on my '68 Charger broke and let the radiator fall backwards into the fan and destroyed it. I made it to a car wash, sold it to a guy there for $200, used a pay phone to call my best man in our wedding to come and pick me up. Rode in the truck holding the wedding cake which was trying to fall over. Made it to the place where the wedding reception was going to take place, went back home, put the tags from the Charger to the GTX , got cleaned up and was 15 minutes late for my wedding but still made it and she waited for me. LOL. The story above happened afterwards. Now that's what you call a full day!

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
To tell you how busy I was on our wedding day this is what happened before the above story, the same day. The '70 GTX we was in was put on the road that day. I bought it about a month earlier and was fixing it up. Earlier that day I went after our wedding cake and was on my way back when the brackets on my radiator on my '68 Charger broke and let the radiator fall backwards into the fan and destroyed it. I made it to a car wash, sold it to a guy there for $200, used a pay phone to call my best man in our wedding to come and pick me up. Rode in the truck holding the wedding cake which was trying to fall over. Made it to the place where the wedding reception was going to take place, went back home, put the tags from the Charger to the GTX , got cleaned up and was 15 minutes late for my wedding but still made it and she waited for me. LOL. The story above happened afterwards. Now that's what you call a full day!
Last story on this car because I only got to enjoy it for about 3 or 4 months total. About 3 weeks after we was married I let a guy start telling me what my car wouldn't do. He was drinking and talking the usual trash talk about Mopars so I took him for a ride to show him what my car would do instead of saying what it would do. I took him where we usually raced the 1/4 mile in our small town. There was a car up ahead so I let them get out of the way before I started. This is one of the few cars I had that I would lay a $10 bill on the dash and tell you if you could grab it when I punched it it was yours. ($10 was like $100 at the time). Anyway, when I took off I had gotten over 100 MPH when I was getting towards the end and I seen I was gaining on the car I was waiting for to get out of the way, so I got in the left lane to pass him he turned left right in front of me. I tried to gear it down before I pretty much tee boned him. All I remember was after I hit him I came too and I couldn't see out of my windshield. My hood was folded against my windshield. My head hit the windshield, my chest bent the steering wheel and I left knee prints in the dash. My hand hurt which later I seen where the transmission came through the floor and hit it. My front passenger tire was between the guy riding with me legs. Well thank GOD no one got killed, and after it was all over the guy riding with me said he would never doubt me again when I told him what my car would do. We never seen each other again, probably the best thing!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not mopar but this is some of the rest pics I found yesterday of my 67 Camaro RS/SS

AD4009D4-E01C-4B58-9115-43C1A0CBBCCF.jpeg

B3F7CE79-D2A9-438A-A2B3-53293D27AC80.jpeg

A6E22940-86BD-4125-9F20-89EA820C62D0.jpeg

835B15CB-6738-458C-8E97-055E1E55DE05.jpeg

A9F078D1-E37E-4957-813B-269102AC58AA.jpeg

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Does this count? It's branded Fiat. Engine is fiat, body and frame is built by Mazda but side window glass is labeled Mopar. It's a coat of many colors lol 124 spider 20210110_132253.jpg

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score