Mopar Lifetime Maxcare Warranty Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
I have a 2012 Jeep Compass that has the Lifetime Maxcare Warranty, that I bought new in 2012. It's not a Ram, but warranty information from those that have experience using this warranty would be appreciated. This Jeep has 166,000 miles on it, and the warranty has only been used once...years ago they replaced a rear wheel bearing (they did both sides) using this warranty with the $100 deductible. Other than that this Jeep has been as dependable as a pet rock. Well, it has a coolant leak, and needs a water pump. I am scheduled Monday at 8:00 am for this repair, covered under this warranty. While I was waiting for the Jeep to be checked out, I was talking to a lady customer. She has a 2014 mini van that she bought new. Her van has over 300,000 miles on it, and has had the engine, transmission, and many other things replaced over the years using this same warranty. She said that she had a whole list of items for the dealer to fix. Here's my question: when you bring a vehicle in for warranty repair, does the $100 deductible cover all of the repairs, or just one item? I ask because I am going to ask them to check out the front and rear suspension, and suspect that it's probably shot, with the mileage and age of the Jeep. Also, would the $100 deductible cover the entire Suspension (front and rear), or just 1 corner of it? I hope to go in there Monday with a little more knowledge. Thanks in advance.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Here's my question: when you bring a vehicle in for warranty repair, does the $100 deductible cover all of the repairs, or just one item?
I would first reference the letter you received announcing your MaxCare service plan for those details. From reading, I've come to understand there are minor differences in plans between model years.

Both my 2015 MaxCare and my 2022 MaxCare indicate the deductible is per service visit. Also, the deductible is only charged once. For example, if you come in for an issue with your engine, they repair it and the same issue resurfaces, you do not pay the deductible again.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Per service visit. If they are fixing 10 things, it is still a single 100$ charge. Suspension (ie shocks) may be a wear item, tho I have not actually checked my contracts. I have the lifetime on my 13 Durango and a 7/100 on my 18 Rebel.

OP
OP
Ludville1

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Per service visit. If they are fixing 10 things, it is still a single 100$ charge. Suspension (ie shocks) may be a wear item, tho I have not actually checked my contracts. I have the lifetime on my 13 Durango and a 7/100 on my 18 Rebel.

My contract says that they are covered, so hopefully!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pretty sure shocks and struts are covered.

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 Jeep Compass that has the Lifetime Maxcare Warranty, that I bought new in 2012. It's not a Ram, but warranty information from those that have experience using this warranty would be appreciated. This Jeep has 166,000 miles on it, and the warranty has only been used once...years ago they replaced a rear wheel bearing (they did both sides) using this warranty with the $100 deductible. Other than that this Jeep has been as dependable as a pet rock. Well, it has a coolant leak, and needs a water pump. I am scheduled Monday at 8:00 am for this repair, covered under this warranty. While I was waiting for the Jeep to be checked out, I was talking to a lady customer. She has a 2014 mini van that she bought new. Her van has over 300,000 miles on it, and has had the engine, transmission, and many other things replaced over the years using this same warranty. She said that she had a whole list of items for the dealer to fix. Here's my question: when you bring a vehicle in for warranty repair, does the $100 deductible cover all of the repairs, or just one item? I ask because I am going to ask them to check out the front and rear suspension, and suspect that it's probably shot, with the mileage and age of the Jeep. Also, would the $100 deductible cover the entire Suspension (front and rear), or just 1 corner of it? I hope to go in there Monday with a little more knowledge. Thanks in advance.
We have this on our 15 200 and it is $100 per visit no matter one or multiple complaints. Last time ours was used was for a leaking strut and gas cap light. Gas cap was fine, a switch of some kind related was bad. Expensive fix for both, as both were not available, and car was not drivable with the bad strut. Anyway, there should be a phone number to call Mopar to confirm, but this was our situation. There is a stipulation that if the repair costs more than the value of the vehicle they can pay the value of the vehicle rather than pay for the repair. Again call the reps and they will have any answers. They have always been friendly and helpful for us anyway.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shocks and struts are usually covered only if leaking or physically broken - not for ride quality. Ie. they failed, not worn out.

OP
OP
Ludville1

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
It's been a nightmare with the dealer. Last Thursday they told me that the water pump was leaking, so they ordered the parts and said that the Jeep should be done on Friday. I got a call Friday and they said that the parts arrived late Friday, and to bring it in back first thing Monday, as they have the parts. So I did, called them about 4:00 pm Monday and they said that the mechanic hurt his neck over the weekend, so the job was assigned to someone else. I got a call Tuesday that it's not the water pump, the thermostat housing is leaking, and they have to get parts...it was obviously misdiagnosed. Now it's Wednesday and I still don't have the vehicle back. They took it for a drive and said that it rides like a Compass, shocks /struts are not broken or leaking, so nothing changes there.

OP
OP
Ludville1

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
I’d switch to a different dealer if possible.

I would, but unfortunately, the next closest dealer is 25 miles away and they are owned by the same people that own the local dealership.

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can't find it in maxcare either. We had a lifetime added care years ago on my wife's Pacifica. Got struts, tie rod end, alignment, new intake manifold all for $100 deductible.
:cheers:
Good to hear , haven’t had to use my lifetime warranty yet on my 2016.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Good to hear , haven’t had to use my lifetime warranty yet on my 2016.
Same with my 2017. And I shouldn't expect too for a while. Only have 42000 miles. Not puting much on it since retiring a few years ago, she's a driveway queen.
The Pacifica had a few visits under the lifetime warranty, never an issue getting things covered. Definitely paid for itself a few times over.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s not what my warranty says .
What's your warranty say? Mine says they are covered from failure. Wear isn't failure - well until it gets to a bad enough point it isn't, then it becomes failure as they leak or just don't dampen at all any longer.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What's your warranty say? Mine says they are covered from failure. Wear isn't failure - well until it gets to a bad enough point it isn't, then it becomes failure as they leak or just don't dampen at all any longer.
My lifetime warranty lists wear parts, shocks and struts are not listed as a wear part.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My lifetime warranty lists wear parts, shocks and struts are not listed as a wear part.
That is true.

However, is a shock that doesn't ride as well as it did new a failed part?
When I was a tech, a failed shock was either leaking or just didn't function as a shock any longer - ie. you could collapse it very easily or it wouldn't collapse(very rare).

If your shock/strut shows signs of leaking it will be covered without a doubt.

But say, at 100k miles, you say that it just doesn't ride like new I need new shocks and they show no signs of leaking and function as a shock, many dealers will not cover them. Some will because they want the money and hope that they don't get looked at.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That is true.

However, is a shock that doesn't ride as well as it did new a failed part?
When I was a tech, a failed shock was either leaking or just didn't function as a shock any longer - ie. you could collapse it very easily or it wouldn't collapse(very rare).

If your shock/strut shows signs of leaking it will be covered without a doubt.

But say, at 100k miles, you say that it just doesn't ride like new I need new shocks and they show no signs of leaking and function as a shock, many dealers will not cover them. Some will because they want the money and hope that they don't get looked at.
Fair enough, but my dealer replace worn shocks under the lifetime warranty on her Cherokee.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It's been a nightmare with the dealer. Last Thursday they told me that the water pump was leaking, so they ordered the parts and said that the Jeep should be done on Friday. I got a call Friday and they said that the parts arrived late Friday, and to bring it in back first thing Monday, as they have the parts. So I did, called them about 4:00 pm Monday and they said that the mechanic hurt his neck over the weekend, so the job was assigned to someone else. I got a call Tuesday that it's not the water pump, the thermostat housing is leaking, and they have to get parts...it was obviously misdiagnosed. Now it's Wednesday and I still don't have the vehicle back. They took it for a drive and said that it rides like a Compass, shocks /struts are not broken or leaking, so nothing changes there.
With all the supply chain problems and getting parts I don't know if this quite rises to the level of "nightmare." Dealer had my truck for 2+ months waiting on parts. Numerous other stories on here of the same thing. Thermostat housing leaking instead of the water pump? Would have been nice to get the right part the first time but oftentimes you just don't really see what leaking until you tear into something. Of course, could also be sloppy/incompetent mechanic but definitely not an uncommon occurrence in any case.

I've had a Maxcare for 8+ years and used it quite a bit on my 2500HD. Somewhere in the fine print of the warranty we're supposed to get a free loaner/rental but I've found it's like asking for a kidney so I usually just make alternate plans (I'm lucky to have other vehicles available to me).