Morimoto headlight issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
The Quad Headlight guys will still need those same adapters to switch to projector headlights and OEM LED tails.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just curious if I could get rid of the mopar relay harness and all that with the alfaobd settings

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I cannot get this to work. Can't even get my DRLs working, think I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead before I ruin something...lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I cannot get this to work. Can't even get my DRLs working, think I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead before I ruin something...lol

You need to change one setting, then disconnect and let the truck sleep for 10min, then do the next setting then let it rest.....continue till your thru and remember it must be in gear for it to be illuminated

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
You need to change one setting, then disconnect and let the truck sleep for 10min, then do the next setting then let it rest.....continue till your thru and remember it must be in gear for it to be illuminated
Gotcha! Thanks man, I'll try again tmmrw. That's probably why my head lights weren't working either. I was changing both settings at once

Reactions: JB1

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had bought the morimoto kit originally when my truck was a lease and just refused to install it with all the wiring, so I sold it. Once I bought out my lease I got a set of DDM and couldn't be happier. Its a straight forward install without a ton of extra wiring, plus its pretty rare that both lights dont turn on. Any aftermarket HID kit I have installed always wasn't 100% reliable but the DDM kit has been one of the best.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had my Morimoto 35w kit for a year with no issues but I sure would like to get rid of that extra wiring. If it ever does go out I’m gonna try the DDM kit

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Well I'm not sure what's going on with my ballasts. I had swapped both my 55s out 2 weeks ago. Just got my new harness plugged everything up and still nothing. So for ***** and gigs I plugged my 35w ballast in and it fired right up. Not sure how I've went through 2 ballasts in 3 months

Reactions: JB1
OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Thanks Redsrt4me for showing me the Alfa HID hack! Finally got it working! Short of finding out 1 of my new 55 ballasts was bad I gave up with the whole kit and concentrated on getting the Alfaobd stuff to work, lo and behold it did. ****** night working on the truck though, had my grill tried off and just resting on my bumper being lazy and in the process of putting in a headlight it fell off swung down scratch the grill, bumper and broke a chunk off the corner of the grill. **** night! But the headlights work [emoji25]

7484dae8109e816467778f9c6ccc9e28.jpg

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Thanks Redsrt4me for showing me the Alfa HID hack! Finally got it working! Short of finding out 1 of my new 55 ballasts was bad I gave up with the whole kit and concentrated on getting the Alfaobd stuff to work, lo and behold it did. ****** night working on the truck though, had my grill tried off and just resting on my bumper being lazy and in the process of putting in a headlight it fell off swung down scratch the grill, bumper and broke a chunk off the corner of the grill. **** night! But the headlights work [emoji25]

7484dae8109e816467778f9c6ccc9e28.jpg

This install is really hard to believe that it works.

I'm still in disbelief about it.

I purposely held off buying a kit because of the installation pains guys were going through.

Alfa is a game changer! :)

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Did you get the DRLs working?

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Not yet, I'll go for that this weekend while I'm trying jb weld the broken chunk back onto the grill and try and smooth out the scratch a little. Never would've thought a factory PW grill would be $800

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
This install is really hard to believe that it works.

I'm still in disbelief about it.

I purposely held off buying a kit because of the installation pains guys were going through.

Alfa is a game changer! :)
So much nicer than trying to mount all that crap and have wires everywhere. Gonna tackle the DRLs and Fogs this weekend. Thanks again for the insight

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Finally got em done today! Looking at em makes me want to put ambers in my clearance lights and do the mirror running light mod as well4a90142cd7f7795213d70a9cf8f320fd.jpg

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Finally got em done today! Looking at em makes me want to put ambers in my clearance lights and do the mirror running light mod as well4a90142cd7f7795213d70a9cf8f320fd.jpg

What is this mirror running light mod?? I must have missed it

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Looks badass

Did you check the radio to see if you have a selection to turn the DRLs off and on?