Morimoto headlight issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Looks badass

Did you check the radio to see if you have a selection to turn the DRLs off and on?
Yep it's on there. That is really nice to have

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another feature you can enable is the VTA (vehicle theft alarm)

VTA was enabled after I changed: VTA Hood Ajar Monitoring: Not set

VTA Hood Ajar Monitoring: Set

With this feature set, if anyone opens your hood or door the alarm will go off and if you subscribe to uconnect it'll send you an email saying the alarm went off.

You can test it by sitting in the truck, set the alarm with the fob, then open the door and it will start honking the horn

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Ok np.

If I understand this correctly you're adding repeaters? Basically so the mirror LED's mimic the turn signal DRL's?
Looks like it, the only part I'm not crazy about is cutting the wire in the door.

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7

With this feature set, if anyone opens your hood or door the alarm will go off and if you subscribe to uconnect it'll send you an email saying the alarm went off.

You can test it by sitting in the truck, set the alarm with the fob, then open the door and it will start honking the horn
Try that one tmmrw!

Reactions: JB1
OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7

I got this, then tried it again and it went through but I got nothing after I tried to set off the alarm5016ce93007da7876241bcad4da6f8c2.jpg

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm, wonder if you have that hood ajar switch

OP
OP
Maligator

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Hmm, wonder if you have that hood ajar switch
I should if I have the factory remote start. I'm gonna play with it more today on my lunch break. That being said HIDs and morimoto Fogs are running great without the resistors

Reactions: JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Question. Is the Anti Flicker Module required for the 2.0 LED Bulbs for the High beams

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The ballast and igniter looks like it just makes a closed loop with the Pigtails from the HID Bulb. Along with the LED High Beam that will be a huge difference.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should not have to replace the complete harness. Just pick up a replacement relay. I have the Morimoto HID kit in my truck and it has worked perfect for over two years now. Did you check the anti-flicker cap that is inline with the stock plug that plugs into the HID light harness?

But of your truck keeps giving you issues I would think about getting rid of the Morimoto kit and install a GTR lighting gen-5 HID system. This is a true plug and play kit that does not use resistors or a relay harness. I installed one in my wife's Jeep Cherokee and it took less than 30 minutes, and it works great https://headlightrevolution.com/200...adlights-upgrade-low-beam-hid-conversion-kit/

Last edited: