Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny thing is that I ordered through TRS on Thanksgiving, and never received any offers to expedite for extra cost. I double checked my email and I still have the receipt from them, and no emails in junk mail.

So they officially suck at communicating with their customers... I would have upgraded shipping at $150 ...not a big deal after spending $1500 on the lights.

Did they posted that shipping upgrade offer on Facebook, or where?

I emailed them about just updates on the headlights since on they website all they posted was “ hey pre ordered these” but failed to update about anything else. Shipping, trouble shooting etc. I too didn’t know TRS was doing expedited shipping till someone posted the add here. And guess what. When I called. BOOM NO LONGER AVAILABLE. It’s a joke, honestly. With the delays with the headlights the should ship them all out for free to be honest. I ordered in September some ordered before me. But those who wanna pay get the play. Oh and btw they never answered my email I got another ones saying the ticket is closed due to inactivity. WHAT!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Funny thing is that I ordered through TRS on Thanksgiving, and never received any offers to expedite for extra cost. I double checked my email and I still have the receipt from them, and no emails in junk mail.

So they officially suck at communicating with their customers... I would have upgraded shipping at $150 ...not a big deal after spending $1500 on the lights.

I'm not sure what TRS sent out to customers on these, but we where informed that the first 50 where only going to be for the trucks that came with factory projectors, as the wiring for the quad/dual trucks was not completed at that point. So......if your truck has quads on it, you wouldn't have even received the email to inform you of the option for expedited shipping from TRS.

Personally.......I sent the update to all of our customers, at least it gave some new news, even if it didn't apply to them.

Not sure where they posted it. I know JJ sent an e-mail to everyone and met his quota within 2 hours for upgraded shipping.

I actually was e-mailed a tracking number this afternoon. I suspect they won't actually ship out until Monday. Hopefully I'll have headlights by Wednesday or Thursday.

Whats odd though......yours is USPS, that should have left there yesterday.......FedEx doesn't do a pickup at TRS daily, so those I had to create the label and create a pickup......which delays it a day (still better than a few days of shipping up here, then back to customers though!)

But......USPS should have snagged all of the ones I had there yesterday. Weird......

I emailed them about just updates on the headlights since on they website all they posted was “ hey pre ordered these” but failed to update about anything else. Shipping, trouble shooting etc. I too didn’t know TRS was doing expedited shipping till someone posted the add here. And guess what. When I called. BOOM NO LONGER AVAILABLE. It’s a joke, honestly. With the delays with the headlights the should ship them all out for free to be honest. I ordered in September some ordered before me. But those who wanna pay get the play. Oh and btw they never answered my email I got another ones saying the ticket is closed due to inactivity. WHAT!?

I hate to be a ****......because they are one of my suppliers, but.....this is a reason that sometimes......going to the "little guy" nets you better service. Yes, I'm going to toot my own horn, or whatever you want to call it......but, I'm not a 50-60 person company that gets 1000+ emails a day (like TRS does). I'm a 2.5 person company (me, full time employee and contracted body shop for paint work) - and I'm the ONLY person that does any of the customer communication for my business. Sure, there are days that I'll get 75-100 emails, 25+ calls and god knows how many texts.....not even getting to FB stuff (hence why my forum time went from "on all damn day" to like......never) - but.....as much as I love TRS - I've seen many accounts of people having delayed communication from them lately. I know they are in the process of hiring 10 (yes 10) more employees - big changes going on there, with the acquisition of another lighting company, the release of XB lights, development of more.....its a fun one there. But......I digress - sometimes going to the little guy helps - as we are kept up to date via vendor only updates, blog posts, etc.......and can share that info with our customers accordingly. Fun part....with the way social media - word then spreads fast.

Other amazing part there.......I worked with TRS to secure 15 of the 50 expedited slots. And like Doug said, when I sent my email out on that update, I had 15 slots filled in under 90 minutes. 2 more paid before seeing the secondary update saying "FILLED"......and 2 more requested to be added, if we could. Took a few days, but we then secured the other 4 guys...... 19 of the 50 that came in are for RetroShop customers......hell, one of those is going to Sweden LOL - thats pretty killer!

Anyway, I could ramble on and on........but, time to get back to these emails that came in while I was sleeping last night ;)

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Yeah I thought it could have left yesterday but the label was printed late I think. It could leave today too but honestly I feel like it's Monday for mine.

Not a big deal to me because based on our conversation that is exactly what was originally expected.

I'm not sure what TRS sent out to customers on these, but we where informed that the first 50 where only going to be for the trucks that came with factory projectors, as the wiring for the quad/dual trucks was not completed at that point. So......if your truck has quads on it, you wouldn't have even received the email to inform you of the option for expedited shipping from TRS.

Personally.......I sent the update to all of our customers, at least it gave some new news, even if it didn't apply to them.

Whats odd though......yours is USPS, that should have left there yesterday.......FedEx doesn't do a pickup at TRS daily, so those I had to create the label and create a pickup......which delays it a day (still better than a few days of shipping up here, then back to customers though!)

But......USPS should have snagged all of the ones I had there yesterday. Weird......

I hate to be a ****......because they are one of my suppliers, but.....this is a reason that sometimes......going to the "little guy" nets you better service. Yes, I'm going to toot my own horn, or whatever you want to call it......but, I'm not a 50-60 person company that gets 1000+ emails a day (like TRS does). I'm a 2.5 person company (me, full time employee and contracted body shop for paint work) - and I'm the ONLY person that does any of the customer communication for my business. Sure, there are days that I'll get 75-100 emails, 25+ calls and god knows how many texts.....not even getting to FB stuff (hence why my forum time went from "on all damn day" to like......never) - but.....as much as I love TRS - I've seen many accounts of people having delayed communication from them lately. I know they are in the process of hiring 10 (yes 10) more employees - big changes going on there, with the acquisition of another lighting company, the release of XB lights, development of more.....its a fun one there. But......I digress - sometimes going to the little guy helps - as we are kept up to date via vendor only updates, blog posts, etc.......and can share that info with our customers accordingly. Fun part....with the way social media - word then spreads fast.

Other amazing part there.......I worked with TRS to secure 15 of the 50 expedited slots. And like Doug said, when I sent my email out on that update, I had 15 slots filled in under 90 minutes. 2 more paid before seeing the secondary update saying "FILLED"......and 2 more requested to be added, if we could. Took a few days, but we then secured the other 4 guys...... 19 of the 50 that came in are for RetroShop customers......hell, one of those is going to Sweden LOL - thats pretty killer!

Anyway, I could ramble on and on........but, time to get back to these emails that came in while I was sleeping last night ;)

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Yeah I thought it could have left yesterday but the label was printed late I think. It could leave today too but honestly I feel like it's Monday for mine.

Not a big deal to me because based on our conversation that is exactly what was originally expected.

I emailed the labels over to TRS around 915AM CST (so 1015 in ATL). From my understanding.....it was simply "slap this label on 19 boxes, set aside for pickup".......I could be wrong. I truly expected the USPS ones to leave ATL yesterday.

Tracking shows weird times for when they got info........but literally when you got the email from our website with tracking info, thats when I shot them over to TRS. :favorites13:

oh.....won't leave today from TRS, they are closed today.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I emailed the labels over to TRS around 915AM CST (so 1015 in ATL). From my understanding.....it was simply "slap this label on 19 boxes, set aside for pickup".......I could be wrong. I truly expected the USPS ones to leave ATL yesterday.

Tracking shows weird times for when they got info........but literally when you got the email from our website with tracking info, thats when I shot them over to TRS. :favorites13:

oh.....won't leave today from TRS, they are closed today.

Yeah like I said Monday. They didn't print the labels out till like 4 something their time in the afternoon and I'm sure USPS already picked up for the day. It is what it is.

Not to continue to toot your own horn for you but this is just another example of a big company with to much to do and not being able to take care of the little things. I am starting to think the real issue here is communication between TRS and EVERYONE else. Still hoping for great performing headlights to off set all of this.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine

Was anything else included in addition to the lights at $1500? They’ve recently been advertising preorders at $1350.

Not trying to troll. Just trying to jog my memory without having to scroll through 65 pages..

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look I’ve ordered stuff through Diode Dynamics multiple times no issues and they are up to date. Good customer service also. The reason I went to TRS is because I won a $500 sweepstakes gift certificate from them on Instagram. Now I know that’s a big discount with the headlights but regardless of winning the sweepstakes I was still going to order the headlights. I just wish the customer service was better. To be honest. Next time I’m going to the smaller supplier for their service. I’d rather pay more to get more.

BriamH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look I’ve ordered stuff through Diode Dynamics multiple times no issues and they are up to date. Good customer service also. The reason I went to TRS is because I won a $500 sweepstakes gift certificate from them on Instagram. Now I know that’s a big discount with the headlights but regardless of winning the sweepstakes I was still going to order the headlights. I just wish the customer service was better. To be honest. Next time I’m going to the smaller supplier for their service. I’d rather pay more to get more.

Lightwerkz.net is a little guy in North Jersey.

Last edited:

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Was anything else included in addition to the lights at $1500? They’ve recently been advertising preorders at $1350.

Not trying to troll. Just trying to jog my memory without having to scroll through 65 pages..
Yes, I'm also supposed to get the morimoto vertical fog lights as well :) that was the TRS black Friday promotion.

Some other sites offered 10% off I believe, but that was less than the morimoto fogs cost, and it made sense to me to upgrade all front lights all together to match the new led headlights. I paid $1350 total.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Yes, I'm also supposed to get the morimoto vertical fog lights as well :) that was the TRS black Friday promotion.

Some other sites offered 10% off I believe, but that was less than the morimoto fogs cost, and it made sense to me to upgrade all front lights all together to match the new led headlights. I paid $1350 total.

Gotcha, that’s right, thanks for the reminder.

ottbighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Tagged for interest

Coming out of a 2012 with a quad D2s these have my interest for sure but it all hinges on the output.

My new EcoD needs more light but lessons learned from my previous experience with Morimoro Hid’s has me learly.

ToneBoneh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive told myself to keep holding off. Ill turn in my 18 Ram a year early and upgrade to a 19 with led package and call it a day.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive told myself to keep holding off. Ill turn in my 18 Ram a year early and upgrade to a 19 with led package and call it a day.

You know I've been looking at the 19's and I am tempted too.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
The 19s........are amazing trucks guys.....

2018-10-03%2016.19.58-2.jpg

I've owned 5 Rams now (08, 10, 16 and 2x 19s) and even on the 19 Bighorn.....just a great upgrade over the 16 Bighorn I had. The amount of bells and whistles you can get is stupid crazy (red one is a loaded Laramie Sport).

The headlights that the Morimotos where mimicked off of are from the Laramie Longhorn / Limited. I haven't driven on those yet - contemplating doing that swap on my red truck at some time........but for now, the "standard" LED ones are doing quite well.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love that red one Jeremy! Delmonico Red?

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
The 19s........are amazing trucks guys.....

2018-10-03%2016.19.58-2.jpg

I've owned 5 Rams now (08, 10, 16 and 2x 19s) and even on the 19 Bighorn.....just a great upgrade over the 16 Bighorn I had. The amount of bells and whistles you can get is stupid crazy (red one is a loaded Laramie Sport).

The headlights that the Morimotos where mimicked off of are from the Laramie Longhorn / Limited. I haven't driven on those yet - contemplating doing that swap on my red truck at some time........but for now, the "standard" LED ones are doing quite well.

Nice rigs! What are the details on the red rims?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Love that red one Jeremy! Delmonico Red?

Yup, sure is. Hell of a truck, first one I've ever ordered in (ordered the day after the release of the 19s).

White one we snagged to get some testing done on the conversion harness for the halogen to LED lights. Those are coming out soon as well! ;)

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L