Morimoto headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So being on this Ram forum, and also owning an F150, with the Morimoto XB headlights, thats first hand feedback, easy slide to the Ram XB's. What's your overall opinion? Review? Would you buy them again - or for your Ram??

I can say that the Ford guy above didn't aim his high beams. Out of the box they are way out of alignment and mine pointed about 10 feet on front of the truck. Aimed them up and they are very bright. Morimoto could do a lot better on communicating and they instructions but the lights are nice. My biggest complaint on the Ford lights is that the wiring on the back could have been a lot better. A lot of what they did should have been internal. Is it horrible, no just kind of odd and lazy.

Yes I have a Ram but I also have a Ford F150 I use to pull my camper. It's also the wife's DD.

Chradam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know when TRS will start shipping these?! Ordered heads and tails and every day feels like a week!

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Anyone know when TRS will start shipping these?! Ordered heads and tails and every day feels like a week!

If you are part of this expedited group they should be getting to TRS sometime this week. Then it's up to TRS to start shipping those out. The other 950 are set to be here at the end of March.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Bingo ^^

As for the tails, those where not on the expedited plan there, they will be later.

The first 50 are set to arrive in ATL Friday (ish), and my (RetroShop) customers will more than likely ship directly from ATL to keep times down. Working out those details as we speak here.....

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Really hoping these are a reasonable jump in performance over the OE projectors on my 18 Power Wagon... the looks are right, and given the poor stock performance I can see ordering these if the reviews are good.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So if you want it shipped when we actually have them, there's an extra fee, or else you'll wait another month and a half at least. This just keeps getting better and better.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
So if you want it shipped when we actually have them, there's an extra fee, or else you'll wait another month and a half at least. This just keeps getting better and better.
They are made over seas, the extra charge Is for being shipped by plane vs boat...

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L

Thats one way to look at it.........

Or, how some view it....which is how it was presented to us by Morimoto. These are leaving on X date, and standard shipping via sea (which is what is accounted for in the pricing of the lights)........some people will want them earlier, so we can bring some in via air, and the costs associated with them will be passed to those that want them earlier.

Its like when I go buy anything online.......I can buy with "free" shipping, if they offer that, and wait for their slow shipping. I can do 2 day, overnight, etc - if I want to pay for that.

The only difference here, which is a blast........is the fact that these where delayed a bit. Sucks, but some people (19 of my customers to be exact) wanted them in earlier than the rest, and they paid for the expedited shipping to get them here.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats one way to look at it.........

Or, how some view it....which is how it was presented to us by Morimoto. These are leaving on X date, and standard shipping via sea (which is what is accounted for in the pricing of the lights)........some people will want them earlier, so we can bring some in via air, and the costs associated with them will be passed to those that want them earlier.

Its like when I go buy anything online.......I can buy with "free" shipping, if they offer that, and wait for their slow shipping. I can do 2 day, overnight, etc - if I want to pay for that.

The only difference here, which is a blast........is the fact that these where delayed a bit. Sucks, but some people (19 of my customers to be exact) wanted them in earlier than the rest, and they paid for the expedited shipping to get them here.

I get the shipping cost thing and it's a valid point, but honestly I expected there to be some customer service offering for the continued delay for a pre ordered item. I think it would go a long way to Morimoto or your company or whomever else is involved to get the lights to the people who ordered them almost 6 months ago without any additional charge.

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait wait wait. Hold the train. They made us wait 3 extra months now are charging more money to expedite the already $1,350 headlights. ? My god what do I have to do remortgage my house for headlights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get the shipping cost thing and it's a valid point, but honestly I expected there to be some customer service offering for the continued delay for a pre ordered item. I think it would go a long way to Morimoto or your company or whomever else is involved to get the lights to the people who ordered them almost 6 months ago without any additional charge.

Yea how bout ship them to those who ordered them first.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the plus side, the guys that get them early will give good feedback. If they aren't great on light output, 950 people can easily cancel, no returning, just cancelled. Easy money back.
Hope they excel in performance.

OP
OP
Dejaclue

Dejaclue

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the plus side, the guys that get them early will give good feedback. If they aren't great on light output, 950 people can easily cancel, no returning, just cancelled. Easy money back.
Hope they excel in performance.
Very good point

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Everyday driving to work reminds me how badly I need new headlights lol hopefully these will be worth the price tag lol

DeepDigger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea how bout ship them to those who ordered them first.

Pure greed at work here! Doesn't matter if you ordered in September, the guy who ordered in January and has big bucks will get em first. Nice way to run a business NOT!

Cocean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love these, but I think I will wait for a while...prolly have a 19 by then...lol

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Funny thing is that I ordered through TRS on Thanksgiving, and never received any offers to expedite for extra cost. I double checked my email and I still have the receipt from them, and no emails in junk mail.

So they officially suck at communicating with their customers... I would have upgraded shipping at $150 ...not a big deal after spending $1500 on the lights.

Did they posted that shipping upgrade offer on Facebook, or where?

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Funny thing is that I ordered through TRS on Thanksgiving, and never received any offers to expedite for extra cost. I double checked my email and I still have the receipt from them, and no emails in junk mail.

So they officially suck at communicating with their customers... I would have upgraded shipping at $150 ...not a big deal after spending $1500 on the lights.

Did they posted that shipping upgrade offer on Facebook, or where?

Not sure where they posted it. I know JJ sent an e-mail to everyone and met his quota within 2 hours for upgraded shipping.

I actually was e-mailed a tracking number this afternoon. I suspect they won't actually ship out until Monday. Hopefully I'll have headlights by Wednesday or Thursday.