Morimoto LED Fogs (13+)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have had 9006 leds 2 emmiters on my 14 dogs for over a month and always run the dogs with no issues even with the heavy rains. I still have my HID's in the stock projectors that came on the black express package. They have asked for a few years in 2 trucks with just a bulb size change no ballast issue or flicker. They are canbus. But I am happy with the LED output on my fogs. No plans on doing the headlights until the hid's die but doesn't look like that will be anytime soon. But the leds are nice you just have to check the lumen output to make sure they are made for lighting not just looks.

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
i have had 9006 leds 2 emmiters on my 14 dogs for over a month and always run the dogs with no issues even with the heavy rains. I still have my HID's in the stock projectors that came on the black express package. They have asked for a few years in 2 trucks with just a bulb size change no ballast issue or flicker. They are canbus. But I am happy with the LED output on my fogs. No plans on doing the headlights until the hid's die but doesn't look like that will be anytime soon. But the leds are nice you just have to check the lumen output to make sure they are made for lighting not just looks.

Where did u get ur hids from?

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
So , I finally got a chance to install my Morimotos in my headlights. I Was going to post some pics but they look exactly like Andrew's. One thing I did want to show was that I found a set that look very similar to the Morimoto's on ebay.

Ebay's on left, Morimoto's on right.
20150222_163549_zps9grvkmt9.jpg

The bulbs are identical except for the heatsink color. The morimoto ballasts are much bigger.

I put the Ebay's in my fogs and the Morimoto's in my lows. Output color is a match. I am going to run both brands and see which gives up first.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Looks good. Thanks for the pics and info..

What's the link to the ones off ebay?

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Thanks

Looks like they don't sell them for my fogs. 9145/H10

Last edited:

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those do look good. I wish someone would try them in their 2015 to see if there are issues like hid's

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
9006 works also. Slight trimming on the locking tabs but they fit.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram Black Express
Engine
Just put in my set from eBay, the same one you mentioned. 5 minute install, looks good. Now I need to try them out at night ☺

NeverOwnedATruckB4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am having an issue with the Morimoto XB LED 9006 bulbs in my fog location on my '14 Sport. Here is the deal. About 3 weeks ago I installed the Morimoto XB35 5k HID with canbus adaptors in my '14 Sport projectors. They worked great with no issues for 2 weeks, it has been mostly raining and cloudy in Houston in Feb so I ran the lows day and night. I was so happy with them I couldn't stop there so I got the XB Led's for my fogs to match. That is when issues started to arise. When I have both the HID lows and the fogs on, I will randomly, for a second or two at a time, get an error in my dash saying I have a low beam out. I have confirmed that when I get the error all bulbs are still lit, as it occurred when I was stopped at a traffic light and I was admiring my HID low beams in the reflection of the car in front of me. Now, here is the weird part. If I run just the lows, with the fogs off, I never get an error. I drove yesterday for 2 hours straight with the lows on with no fogs and I never got an error. I got 10 mins from home and turned on the fogs to go with the lows, and boom, 5 minutes later I get the error. I also tried going on a few shorter trips with the parking lights on, the fogs, on and the lows off....of course, no error there either. So for now I have taken the XB LEDs out and put the stock halogen back in. I am going to run them like this for a week or 2 with HID low and halogen fogs lit to make sure I don't get any more errors. Then if that is the case my plan is to try the canbus adaptors on the fogs as I really believe this issue is somehow related to the LED fogs. I just don't understand how the fogs can be triggering the error in the low beam. They have to be linked somehow. It is my understanding that the fogs are not monitored by canbus, but there has to be a link somehow. Anyone else have any similar issues or suggestions?

NeverOwnedATruckB4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To follow up on my previous post. I installed the stand alone can bus adapters on the fogs and the issue appears to have gone away. I installed the adapters mid last week and haven't seen the issue since. Previously I was seeing it daily. Just thought I'd help out those who are curios about these bulbs.

Enlight

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Do you have any issues with AM/FM Radio interference?

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question for those that have the Morimoto XB bulbs. I'm about to install those in my fogs and want to know if the driver boxes for the bulbs get hot? There is not much other than plastic down there and I was planning on using the automotive grade double sided tape to stick those on down around the fog light. I also have Morimoto HIDS with the stand alone canbus adaptor. Hope I don't have to buy another set of the canbus things for these..

Update: so I got them installed and now have the horrible radio reception issue. Has anyone been able to fix this? Only have issues with the radio when low beam HIDs are on. I didn't have the issue before I installed the fogs.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500