My Experience with Marvel Mystery Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try som MMO in the gas - 4oz/10 gal and tell me the engine doesn't sound quieter!
HEY, my whole take on this topic: Your ride and do as yer wallet dictates. Not gonna get into better/worse etc. Your ride, yer wallet, be happy, LOL.

horace33

Reaction score
Ram Year
97 dodge 18LARAMIE
Engine
318 5.7
My '18 w/ 60,000 had apparently been run for too long oil change intervals, I changed early & added marvel mystery oil, cleaned up my oil nicely in 3 oil changes.

M2 Pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi, 383
I don't use it but my Dad used to on the farm. I love the way it smells.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After 250k it's likely your O2 were probably past due for replacement. They don't last forever. Hard to say on your spark plugs w/o seeing them. How many miles, how much idling, how much highway speeds ..what kind of fuel??

The catalytic converters 'should' last longer, than 250k. Some people get way more out of catalytic converters, but hard to know what else could be going on. A leaking head gasket ...coolant really damages CC's. So, hard to say. Your cats could have conceivably been worn out anyway depending on factors we can't know. But more than likely they failed early (fouled) due to constant MMO oil going through them. A little bit of oil between long periods and the oil 'should' burn out of the cats. But putting any oil in the fuel tank, or diesel, etc routinely is like a vehicle that is 'burning oil'. And that does wear CC's prematurely.

There's really no reason to add anything to fuel. Just stick with Top Tier fuels and you'll be ok, unless there are other issues with a engine that need to be taken care of.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Try som MMO in the gas - 4oz/10 gal and tell me the engine doesn't sound quieter!
I don’t know enough about the subject, but I’ll just ask a question. Are you fixing one issue and causing others ? I’ll let you do your own research.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I don’t know enough about the subject, but I’ll just ask a question. Are you fixing one issue and causing others ? I’ll let you do your own research.
No, problems or issues with the engine. It makes a quiet engine purrrr.

Last edited:

Hope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
What are we doing wrong? 2005, 3500 Only gets 21 mpg….